Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-18-2013, 12:43 PM

10,261 posts, read 21,753,123 times

Advertisements

Yeah, Harvest Time is worth a little effort, great store. There's a Jewel at Foster and Pulaski, easy to get to down Foster, the best running east-west street in that part of town. And there's a Costco up on Touhy and the "kosher" Jewel at Kedzie and Howard. And a couple of great Jewish bakeries around California and Devon; Tel Aviv and Levinson's. In your new neighborhood you might find yourself being more attuned to going out than in if you have a car.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-18-2013, 12:55 PM

123 posts, read 152,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlajos View Post
Sounds good, I will have to see myself.

I'm surprised the rent is that high over there? What is rent like in Logan these days then?
We are moving out of a 2 bed/2 bath condo at Cali and Armitage in Logan that was $1850. The new place on Kedzie is twice the space as our current condo and with parking included and such close proximity to a train, we jumped at it for $1600. It seems like a nice, quiet building. Here's hoping! Oh, and all the places we looked at in Logan Square were total dumps that hadn't been rehabbed in years and were anywhere from 1700-2000 for a 2 bedroom. No thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Oh wow, The place looks great too from the outside at least. Any other listings for this place? haha. What's the address of the place?
I don't think there are any other listings, but there might be. The address is 4518.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irishtom29 View Post
Yeah, Harvest Time is worth a little effort, great store. There's a Jewel at Foster and Pulaski, easy to get to down Foster, the best running east-west street in that part of town. And there's a Costco up on Touhy and the "kosher" Jewel at Kedzie and Howard. And a couple of great Jewish bakeries around California and Devon; Tel Aviv and Levinson's. In your new neighborhood you might find yourself being more attuned to going out than in if you have a car.
Thanks for all the tips! I'm hearing a lot of good things about Harvest Time.

Old 06-18-2013, 12:57 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
We are moving out of a 2 bed/2 bath condo at Cali and Armitage in Logan that was $1850. The new place on Kedzie is twice the space as our current condo and with parking included and such close proximity to a train, we jumped at it for $1600. It seems like a nice, quiet building. Here's hoping! Oh, and all the places we looked at in Logan Square were total dumps that hadn't been rehabbed in years and were anywhere from 1700-2000 for a 2 bedroom. No thanks!

I don't think there are any other listings, but there might be. The address is 4518.

Thanks for all the tips! I'm hearing a lot of good things about Harvest Time.
Wow, I had no idea rent was that high in Logan Square.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:01 PM

Quote:
Yep. Some new condos just went up on the corner of California and Shakespeare, they look cheap as hell and the starting sale price was $409,000. That's just one example.

So many hipsters want to live in Logan Square right now that they will pay high rent for not-so-nice apartments and landlords know that.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:15 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryan alan View Post
Yep. Some new condos just went up on the corner of California and Shakespeare, they look cheap as hell and the starting sale price was $409,000. That's just one example.

So many hipsters want to live in Logan Square right now that they will pay high rent for not-so-nice apartments and landlords know that.
Got it, thanks.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:17 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,185,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
I've passed it a number of times but never been in. What's it even called? It does look really nice actually. There's also some nice condos/apartments near there near the McDonald's....any idea of those have a name?
Leland Crossing.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:25 PM

1,748 posts, read 2,580,658 times
I like Albany Park. Go for it.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:45 PM

1,520 posts, read 2,575,060 times
Quote:

It's refreshing to have some honest on the ground rent reports around here for a change.

Old 06-18-2013, 01:50 PM

We looked at this one place on Medill right off of California (near Milwaukee). It was a 2 bed/1 bath and had a really old nasty kitchen and bathroom, no balcony or outdoor space, and was $1950. Another example for ya.

Anyway, Albany Park is looking better and better. I'm glad to be so close to the Brown Line as well so I can check out Lincoln Square and Ravenswood.

Old 06-18-2013, 02:48 PM

58 posts, read 125,766 times
Have you spent any time there? Like afternoons or evenings out and about? Or stayed a night near there (though I don't think any decent hotels are around there)

Neighborhood is fine enough but I wouldn't endorse it as a spot for an out of towner to move to (especially buy) unless one has spent at least a little time around there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago