Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-17-2013, 01:13 AM

79 posts, read 140,087 times

Advertisements

Lol first comment nearly killed the mood. But yeah "IL CHI"I love chicago!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2013, 02:58 AM

300 posts, read 639,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I can't tell if you're being sarcastic or not, but a reduction of nearly 50% is rather significant by anyone's standard.
Is it still expectable though? I think anything over 400 or maybe 450 dead is extreme.

Old 11-08-2013, 12:54 PM

271 posts, read 417,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiNaan View Post
I agree with this. I really love living here, but wouldn't put it on a top list of anything, other than largest cities in the U.S., or maybe "bang for your buck" type of cities. (With only a couple of exceptions, all the cities I like better than Chicago are more expensive.)

In fact, I cringe every time I see the video of Rahm at O'Hare customs calling Chicago "a world class city." Maybe we are and maybe we aren't (that's largely subjective), but it's worth noting that New York, Paris, and Hong Kong don't declare themselves world class, because they don't have to.

take it from someone from jersey, nyc calls itself THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD OF EVER SINCE THE FIRST CITY. the knicks play in the worlds most famous arena even though its the 4th Madison square garden and they haven't had a champion knicks team since the 70's ( damn I love those knicks)

nyc has a superiority complex the size 1 billion people ... the 8 million who do live there and the other 992 million that wish they did

Old 11-08-2013, 01:05 PM

2,754 posts, read 7,423,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
I love THIS CITY!!!
I'M ONE OF CHiCAGO'S VERY OWN!

Old 11-08-2013, 01:17 PM

7,108 posts, read 8,970,936 times
I'm a transplant who has lived in other areas and as far as city things go, it is one of the best.

The corruption, racial climate, potential for cold weather, and horrible money management, is a different story.

Old 11-08-2013, 02:09 PM

271 posts, read 417,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
Although the crime is going down, it's still higher than it should be. If you cannot accept that fact, then you should. The guy is definitely correct on some things he says, and he's far from a troll. A troll brings up bull****. Although you want to keep this thread positive it sounds like, he's not bringing up bull****.
if you want to find a real troll go on the jersey forum and say I just got a job at prudential and I was thinking about moving to Newark ... youll hear stories from people as far away as maine telling you how they never go to Newark ( not mentioning they never go anywhere) because half undead violent goons wielding nuclear weapons of mass destruction .

Old 11-08-2013, 08:07 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
chicago has its good points and bad points. I would not say its perfect, but it may be better than some cities. I would not live in Detroit, though the news says Chicago has more murders than Detroit, so thats pretty amazing. I guess Detroiters hear the news about the shootings in Englewood and think wow I'd never live in Chicago! I think the streets are pretty clean of litter. they do great at snow plowing ever since that one mayor won based on the Bilandic not properly shoveling snow in that blizzard a few decades back. I think we have a pretty good CTA system, it really reminds me of the same thing they have in Washington DC. which is why i was able to get around DC because their El system is just like ours. chicago has some great architecture and history.

The bad parts I hate about Chicago are the stupid gang bangers and thuggery that is in the city, and worse, doing crime in otherwise nice neighborhoods, so thats a shame. dont call me a racist, because I read the news, espeically the latest with these thugs looting the sports store the other day (3 stores at one time).

the other thing i hate about chicago is the speed cameras, the red light cameras, and the stupid parking meters which make it hard to drive to a fave restaurant or store in the city, you always have to worry about the stupid meters.
when i go visit out of town and come back to the city, the city can be depressing coming from a nice vacation place as I do. So I prefer the suburbs really. I had to chuckle the other day because I was in a suburb and I had to put a quarter in the meter, they were the old fashioned ones we used to have in the city, where you put the quarter in the slot, turn the dial and voila, i got one hour of parking for 25 cents! i wish we had that here in the city. it was so easy! no having to run back to my car and put a receipt in my windshield.

I also hate that the politicians are corrupt, our governors are in jail. (4 of them i think.) Blago being one. Also i hate Obama and chicago bred that guy along with his corrupt Rev Wright, totally two nasty people which we are sorry he got elected, all those who are losing their health insurance now.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:14 PM

14,798 posts, read 17,685,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
chicago has its good points and bad points. I would not say its perfect, but it may be better than some cities. I would not live in Detroit, though the news says Chicago has more murders than Detroit, so thats pretty amazing. I guess Detroiters hear the news about the shootings in Englewood and think wow I'd never live in Chicago! I think the streets are pretty clean of litter. they do great at snow plowing ever since that one mayor won based on the Bilandic not properly shoveling snow in that blizzard a few decades back. I think we have a pretty good CTA system, it really reminds me of the same thing they have in Washington DC. which is why i was able to get around DC because their El system is just like ours. chicago has some great architecture and history.

The bad parts I hate about Chicago are the stupid gang bangers and thuggery that is in the city, and worse, doing crime in otherwise nice neighborhoods, so thats a shame. dont call me a racist, because I read the news, espeically the latest with these thugs looting the sports store the other day (3 stores at one time).

the other thing i hate about chicago is the speed cameras, the red light cameras, and the stupid parking meters which make it hard to drive to a fave restaurant or store in the city, you always have to worry about the stupid meters.
when i go visit out of town and come back to the city, the city can be depressing coming from a nice vacation place as I do. So I prefer the suburbs really. I had to chuckle the other day because I was in a suburb and I had to put a quarter in the meter, they were the old fashioned ones we used to have in the city, where you put the quarter in the slot, turn the dial and voila, i got one hour of parking for 25 cents! i wish we had that here in the city. it was so easy! no having to run back to my car and put a receipt in my windshield.

I also hate that the politicians are corrupt, our governors are in jail. (4 of them i think.) Blago being one. Also i hate Obama and chicago bred that guy along with his corrupt Rev Wright, totally two nasty people which we are sorry he got elected, all those who are losing their health insurance now.
That was pretty stupid.

Old 11-08-2013, 08:36 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,197,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali3448893 View Post
Haha, corruption? The city unemployment rate is going down, the crime is going down, the transportation is rated the second best in the country, what does the ghetto culture have to do with anything? Go away newbies! Learn what city data is first, that's why half of the newbies get banned from this website.
It is great that you love your city! I have a visit there on my bucket list then will make it over to Ohio briefly for the Rock Music and NFL Hall of Fame museums. There is a lot to do in Chicago. Other people that visited have told me that, but I already knew.

However, to say "Go away" to people that simply have a different view is unnecessary. The politicians have been corrupt for years and it is a known fact. I would assume the south side is still to be avoided as most visitors will be downtown or on the north side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago