Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-20-2020, 02:13 PM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent70 View Post
They have their 2nd mansion on MV, their full time mansion is in DC’s Kalorama ‘hood. I think combined they dropped between $25-$30 million on these cribs. Who knew being a 2-term president at $400k/year paid so well?

Their humble roots, like Chicago, have long been gone from their rear view mirror.

Unfortunately, the south side of Chicago is stuck with the so-called "Obama library"..

the news reports said rents are going up near there because of that travesty.

Not so good for the neighborhood after all,, especially now with the scandal being exposed about him. the one that they learned he was part of illegal unmasking activity.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-20-2020, 02:22 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
Unfortunately, the south side of Chicago is stuck with the so-called "Obama library"..

Not so good for the neighborhood after all,, especially now with the scandal being exposed about him. the one that they learned he was part of illegal unmasking activity.
Unmasking is NOT illegal.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...683_story.html

Quote:
Q: What is unmasking?

A: In the course of lawfully monitoring foreigners, U.S. intelligence agencies sometimes intercept the communications of U.S. persons — citizens and lawful permanent residents. Those individuals are identified anonymously in intelligence reports, usually by a moniker such as “U.S. Person 1,” to protect their privacy and civil liberties.

When a senior U.S. official has a demonstrable need to know who U.S. Person 1 is, he can make a request to “unmask,” or reveal, that person’s true identity.
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/unm...demand-details

Quote:
The Office of the Director of National Intelligence reported that in 2019, the Trump administration had 10,012 unmasking requests fulfilled; 16,721 requests fulfilled in 2018, and 9,529 requests fulfilled in 2017.

During 2016, the last year of the Obama administration, there were 9,217 unmasking requests fulfilled.

Old 05-20-2020, 06:11 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post

Why did he have to be from here!

Old 05-20-2020, 06:32 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Why did he have to be from here!
They have to come from somewhere. I'm from South Dakota, the home of George McGovern. Not something to be proud of.

Old 05-20-2020, 07:30 PM

4,641 posts, read 3,254,543 times
Hello everyone. I hope all are well. Just a bit of trivia, President Obama and I are both from the same Tae Kwon Do family lineage. My colleague was his Instructor, at the East Bank Club, which is an amazing club. I was onvited there once, years ago....I would like it if the Obamas kept a residence in Chicago, due to their own roots there.

Old 05-20-2020, 10:28 PM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
It would be neat. Michelle Obama is born and raised in Chicago and I think at least one or both of her parents are. Having family roots and possibly surviving family members is a much stronger tie than simply having passed through for a bit and Chicago is a pretty great city to live in. Jimmy Carter went back to Georgia and started his Carter Center not-for-profit and became heavily involved in Habitat for Humanity and did a huge amount of charitable work post-presidency with a lot carried out in Georgia. It’d be great if Obama ended up doing the same for Chicago and Illinois.

Old 05-21-2020, 02:13 AM

1,948 posts, read 1,517,459 times
O'Bama is just like the Clintons.

When Clintons left Arkansas, they essentially abandoned their home state. Arkansas really didn't care because they despised The Clintons, especially Hilliary.

O'Bama hasn't done much if anything for Chicago and the State of Illinois. Out of sight, out of mind. Martha's Vineyard, Washington, DC and Hawaii are much better places for them.

Old 05-21-2020, 05:10 AM

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post

When Clintons left Arkansas, they essentially abandoned their home state. Arkansas really didn't care because they despised The Clintons, especially Hilliary.

O'Bama hasn't done much if anything for Chicago and the State of Illinois. Out of sight, out of mind. Martha's Vineyard, Washington, DC and Hawaii are much better places for them.
Please any where but here. I am sick of people throwing it in my face that he was from here!

Old 05-21-2020, 06:19 AM

37,148 posts, read 39,404,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bamaman1 View Post

Chicago is arguably a much more attractive place than Little Rock or anywhere in Arkansas.

Old 05-21-2020, 07:42 AM

5,955 posts, read 2,878,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCrest182 View Post
Regarding OP, the Obamas are both still in their 50's, so they still have a lot of time left to move elsewhere. I definitely don't see their DC residence as being 100% permanent, and there is definitely a chance they move back to Chicago, or maybe they don't. I guess we just have to wait and see. But, to my knowledge, there hasn't been any recent news of them planning to move back to Chicago, so I wouldn't count on it for now at least.
Chicago is not big enough for his ego.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago