Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-05-2020, 07:46 PM

1,803 posts, read 935,479 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmgg View Post
And there aren't andy gated neighborhoods in DC with mansions? Trust me, Ex-President Numnuts will be setting up in the most exclusive of DC neighborhoods. Their "hood" will read like a who's who of the rich and famous politicians of the city.
I wonder if the Obama's will lavish their castle like the Trump's? Gold fixtures etc.... Remember when you point a finger .... you have the others pointing right back and the usual - R E T O R I C.

I thought the Far Right respected Wealth and whatever one wishes to lavish themselves with it....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-05-2020, 08:24 PM

4,861 posts, read 6,927,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frugal Audiophile View Post
His DC neighborhood isn't a gated community. Just like Kendwood isn't a gated community either.
Don't even try to tell me that he doesn't have guarded gates around this abode. Maybe not the community, but the estate will be similar to Fort Knox. I know how Democrats hate fences, except when it's their own homes then suddenly, their justified.

Old 08-05-2020, 09:08 PM

Quote:
So now you've gone from gated community to gated house. You're knocking an ex president for having guards?
No, not really. I'd have them too if I were him.

The fact is that it never sinks into the elite that regular citizens and the CITIZENS of our country need protection too. We're talking politicians, overpaid athletes, and don't forget the Hollywood elite crowd. All are so quick to put down regular people for our safety concerns both individually and nationwide, while hypocritically ignoring the fact that THEIR safety is always assured with gates, armed body guards, and neighborhoods totally free of criminals, illegal immigrants, and bums.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:38 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Don't even try to tell me that he doesn't have guarded gates around this abode. Maybe not the community, but the estate will be similar to Fort Knox. I know how Democrats hate fences, except when it's their own homes then suddenly, their justified.
You can walk down the street past his house in Kenwood. There are no street gates.

Old 08-05-2020, 10:41 PM

8,425 posts, read 12,185,391 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent70 View Post
Anything stated not true?
Obama's house is not in Bronzeville, it is in Kenwood.

Old 08-06-2020, 07:12 AM

Quote:
Every US President should have armed bodyguards. Bush, Clinton, Obama, and Trump when he leaves. Any reasonable person would agree with this statement. As far as celebrities, they pay for them out of their own pockets. You're free to hire armed guards too, nobody is stopping you. If you think athletes are overpaid, which I agree, don't buy their merchandise, don't go to their games, and don't watch the games on tv, because guess what, that's how they get paid. It's called CAPITALISM. The market determines their worth.
You just don't get it. In all liberal cities/states owning and carrying a gun is nearly impossible and should you have to use it to protect yourself, you will become the criminal. Yet, all the elite can be protected.

I doubt you're going to see Obama spending much time in Chicago even with having a residence here. He's way above this place. You were used as the first rung of the ladder to achieve his goals. I don't think that he wants to be identified with the problems of this city or for that matter, the state. After all, just name anything he accomplished to help the people of Illinois. (and don't mention Obamacare because that dog definitely don't hunt).

Old 08-06-2020, 01:36 PM

4,745 posts, read 5,572,673 times
Quote:
You just don't get it. In all liberal cities/states owning and carrying a gun is nearly impossible and should you have to use it to protect yourself, you will become the criminal. Yet, all the elite can be protected.
You don't know what you're talking about. It's pretty easy to get a conceal and carry permit. I've had one for years now.

Old 08-07-2020, 01:24 PM

3,424 posts, read 2,919,706 times
Quote:

I doubt you're going to see Obama spending much time in Chicago even with having a residence here. He's way above this place. You were used as the first rung of the ladder to achieve his goals. I don't think that he wants to be identified with the problems of this city or for that matter, the state. After all, just name anything he accomplished to help the people of Illinois. (and don't mention Obamacare because that dog definitely don't hunt).
agree completely, and I am still waiting for the great leader to come out FORCEFULLY AND REGULARLY against the murders in Chicago of young black men, and to have some sort of SIGNIFICANT presence on a regular basis, verbally, financially, and socially...unless he's just another multimillionaire former politician, who only cares about getting richer, and doesnt give a squat about anything he pretends to care about..
The black community leaders are BEGGING for support/leadership/help for their communities; from Black Leaders/influencers; where is this "great leader" now, when his people need him the most? I guess Martha's vineyard is a nicer place to be for them to hide now..

Old 08-09-2020, 09:46 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
I hope this is on topic, but re the Obama library.. do you think he deserves a library? do you think it will be built?

Seems like its causing problems for the residents of the neighborhood, gentrification being it. the library is causing rents in the area to go up and this was a huge blow to the residents who were promised that the library would bring good to the neighborhood. but now looks like it is not.

Old 08-09-2020, 12:01 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
I hope this is on topic, but re the Obama library.. do you think he deserves a library? do you think it will be built?

Seems like its causing problems for the residents of the neighborhood, gentrification being it. the library is causing rents in the area to go up and this was a huge blow to the residents who were promised that the library would bring good to the neighborhood. but now looks like it is not.
Why would he not deserve one?

For every president since Herbert Hoover, presidential libraries have been established in each president's home state in which documents, artifacts, gifts of state and museum exhibits are maintained that relate to the former president's life and career both political and professional.

There are 13 presidential libraries currently starting with one for FDR dedicated on June 30, 1941.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago