Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2020, 10:09 AM

3,594 posts, read 1,793,885 times

Advertisements

Disgusting behavior. They were calmly pillaging the city with no fear of being held accountable. They know city leadership is either incompetent or on their side. Disgusting display of leadership to allow this. Arrest every single one of them’
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2020, 10:16 AM

9,912 posts, read 9,590,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO, something tells me those who have been looted/abused will NOT even use a diagnosis of PTSD to then hurt someone else or their property!

Yet others DO!

Time to hold people accountable for their actions! Diagnosis a moot point!!

i think my friend has gotten it as a reaction, he told me how this had affected him, me being airmchair psychologist, heard him and it strongly sounds like he got it, but seems to be calming down somewhat. that store was like his own home being broken into. some of these mom and pop type stores - the way the employees are like family (mom and pop store being an attitude) they really get hurt. its like seeing your baby destroyed. I've seen that look on the other store owners and restaurants when they have to lose their beloved employees , they look like someone died. and to see the destruction of what criminals did, its like they raped their place where they come every day. (not discounting rape victims, but trying to let others see what it feels like). they put their heart and soul and blood sweat and tears and joy into their place of business, only to see pirates invading it and destroying and stealing and its just a lot to take.

how can you feel safe in a place which has the constant thread of being destroyed, you rebuild only to get destroyed again?

that's what it kinda feels like from me as an observer of someone who has gone thru it.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:20 AM

4,641 posts, read 3,254,543 times
ChicagoMeO, it makes me wonder: what would be the point where citizens of Chicago stand up AGAINST these looters, and take back the streets and the security of the stores?!?

Old 08-10-2020, 10:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Jay View Post
ChicagoMeO, it makes me wonder: what would be the point where citizens of Chicago stand up AGAINST these looters, and take back the streets and the security of the stores?!?
some have, and have been successful, i.e. about 5 strong guys are standing guard in front of a store and the looters walk by.

I myself am not in any shape to be able to withstand possibly getting beat up by them, potentially, so i stay inside. sometimes a protestor will get in the way of a marching line of police and not pay attention and the police have to move them a bit forcefully out of the way or they will get marched on.. people bring little kids to these things and they get hurt.

Hopefully by arresting them and not catch and release, can help.

Store are not going to choose to reopen, guess that is the most effective way a store wont be relooted.

mayor lightfoot needs to stop the hate against Trump and accept any help from the Feds, including NATIONAL GUARD. but she is too wussy and political and just an egotistical impotent person, it wont happen.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:47 AM

8,851 posts, read 5,873,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cttransplant85 View Post
Disgusting behavior. They were calmly pillaging the city with no fear of being held accountable. They know city leadership is either incompetent or on their side. Disgusting display of leadership to allow this. Arrest every single one of them’
I agree. I think you do have to aggressively arrest and then prosecute people who are doing this. If you don't and people know that they can get away with it, there is no fear of repercussion and it will continue to happen.

Simply arresting them and letting them go the next day will not work either. There needs to be a clear message that this will not be tolerated.

This looting is threatening the vitality of Chicago as a major tourist/business hub, so the consequences could be tremendous if it isn't curbed.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by personone View Post
I agree. I think you do have to aggressively arrest and then prosecute people who are doing this. If you don't and people know that they can get away with it, there is no fear of repercussion and it will continue to happen.

Simply arresting them and letting them go the next day will not work either. There needs to be a clear message that this will not be tolerated.

This looting is threatening the vitality of Chicago as a major tourist/business hub, so the consequences could be tremendous if it isn't curbed.
too many politicians in charge seem to coddle the criminals and discount what they really are. the politicians either are afraid of losing their job, or they don't have the balls needed to do the job. they don't want to offend the snowflakes. some of them even go so far as kneel before them and try to appease them..

but a criminal and an opportunist will take advantage of anything they can steal loot and destroy.

Old 08-10-2020, 10:55 AM

4,852 posts, read 3,647,187 times
For the life of me I cannot understand how stealing a pair of Nike shoes will cure racial or economic injustice.

Insanity.

Old 08-10-2020, 12:47 PM

2,558 posts, read 2,218,929 times
In Phoenix during the "mini-riot" we had a couple months ago, some store owners were seen guarding their properties with AK-47's and AR-15's. Not possible in Chicago, I know, but it does offer some deterrence.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:38 PM

So, did you all see the press conference or whatever it was when Kim Foxx defended herself? i was waiting for to her to address whats happening now. instead, she says don't point fingers (coz she knows they are pointing at her). she outlines her track record since 2016, as if that's going to obliterate all that is happening NOW.

I still think she is making lame excuses for a poor job.. it is up to her to handle things better in her job. she claims that she is not responsible for bond or some other things.

mayor, governor and her are all pointing blame at each other. And refusing the Feds help and National Guard. Very wrong decisions re that.

if i were mayor, i don't care what some people think, I'd accept help from anyone who can give it. including Trump, National Guard, anyone.

Old 08-11-2020, 09:36 PM

334 posts, read 170,512 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoMeO View Post
So, did you all see the press conference or whatever it was when Kim Foxx defended herself? i was waiting for to her to address whats happening now. instead, she says don't point fingers (coz she knows they are pointing at her). she outlines her track record since 2016, as if that's going to obliterate all that is happening NOW.

I still think she is making lame excuses for a poor job.. it is up to her to handle things better in her job. she claims that she is not responsible for bond or some other things.

mayor, governor and her are all pointing blame at each other. And refusing the Feds help and National Guard. Very wrong decisions re that.

if i were mayor, i don't care what some people think, I'd accept help from anyone who can give it. including Trump, National Guard, anyone.
I did see it. What a joke; but who actually thought Fixx was going to do a good job. Fixx fits the identity politics qualifications but the Soros $$ donation was the red flag.

Well, Cook County residents have a choice to get rid of her as the State’s Attorney but like all Chicago politician-vampires, they never go away unless a stake is driven into them, such as prison.

Reducing felony prosecutions, this bail and criminal reform baloney, and Fixx dropping charges against the looter from 2 months ago set the stage.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago