Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-10-2020, 01:38 PM

69 posts, read 77,718 times

Advertisements

I am shocked at the gang shootings and looting that are now happening in the Mag Mile area and North Avenue area. It is out of control. I lived in these areas on and off for over 20 years. Sure, there was always some crime but nothing like this. People were not gunned down and killed on Oak Street at 4:30 on a Tuesday afternoon like happened last week. That gang killing at 4:30 in the afternoon on Oak Street was by 4 shooters using semi-automatic weapons firing a high number of rounds in close proximity to lots of innocent people. Now last night, groups of criminals looted stores along Mag Mile and North Ave. The city of Chicago needs to get this under control quickly or the city is going to continue its downward spiral into a noticeably more violent, run-down, high-crime area. Most people do not want to live, work or shop in an area that has gang shootings and lootings. Most people will live in the lowest crime neighborhood they can afford, especially since more people will be working from home, either full time or part time, for years to come. The retail and restaurants in these formerly more desirable areas that are barely hanging on due to the pandemic may be put out of business due to the looting and real spike in crime. I hope these areas do not have boarded up store fronts for years to come.

Old 08-10-2020, 01:57 PM

224 posts, read 311,020 times
Unfortunately, my thread was closed, but I agree. Many individuals will no longer feel comfortable working in the loop with all this taking place.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:35 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,600,737 times
Yes i 100% agree with this topic. Its a shame that Chicago was not always like this.. not ever square inch was bad. now we don't know whats going to happen, but people are going to leave if they can.

so much has changed in 2020 that i cant believe this is happening in my lifetime.. in all my life, i have never experienced so much trauma coming at us from all ends.

Old 08-10-2020, 02:41 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,993,563 times
My cousin lives on lake and Michigan and he said it’s trashed . He couldn’t even go to work because all the bridges were closed ... how are people suppose to live between curfews, lockdowns and violence ? It’s no longer safe in Chicago . People will be fleeing .. nobody gonna wait for lightfoot to be booted

Old 08-10-2020, 02:53 PM

44,370 posts, read 20,076,303 times
Duplicate topic. Thread closed. The previous thread was closed with good reason. Please do not start any more threads on this topic.
Moderator of Canada (and sub-fora), Illinois (and sub-fora), Indiana (and sub-fora), Caregiving, Community Chat, Fashion & Beauty, Hair Care, Games/Trivia, History, Nature, Non-romantic Relationships, Psychology, Travel, Work & Employment, Writing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
View detailed profiles of: