Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2021, 11:07 AM

255 posts, read 133,460 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtcbnd03 View Post
I love Paul Vallas. I watched the last Mayoral debates and he was very reasonable and intelligent. One of my top choices along with Lori Lightfoot, and John Kozlar. Vallas was too reasonable. Zozlar was too green but SPOT ON. So Lori was best choice at time. Would love to see Vallas again.

Rahm put it best though. Chicago is a mayoral position with national view and implications. We are on the news. We need to be able to pull federal money from Washington. So experience and political prowess is necessary. Would love to see Rahm come back.
Rahm makes too much money to be a mayor on top of being cocky and arrogant. I would snort some cocaine with him in a 5 star hotel but that’s about it. He is greedy and likes money. I take away nothing from him for that. While I didn’t not like the guy, biggest police blunder cover up happened under his watch. My only problem with him is he tried to cover up murder. That’s it. Why not just say guys these guys messed up I’m sorry.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2021, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by japster28 View Post
I voted for Paul Vallas, and I have no delusions about his chances in the future, but I'd like to hear what people think about him. If voters gave him a chance, I think he would be a pragmatic and safe mayor who can simultaneously reach lofty goals for the city. I think he is both an outsider, and a candidate with the ability to manage and navigate the Illinois machine. He's known to be a budget guru, and an expert in public school systems.
Sure, put him in there why not? He’s not the worst. When he ran for something against Chuy, he didn’t exactly win me over. Chuy made more sense. He’s really cocky and cranky and know it all reminds me of Daley. He’s been outta sight outta mind so clean slate.

Old 01-08-2021, 11:12 AM

Quote:
I love Paul Vallas. I watched the last Mayoral debates and he was very reasonable and intelligent. One of my top choices along with Lori Lightfoot, and John Kozlar. Vallas was too reasonable. Zozlar was too green but SPOT ON. So Lori was best choice at time. Would love to see Vallas again.

Rahm put it best though. Chicago is a mayoral position with national view and implications. We are on the news. We need to be able to pull federal money from Washington. So experience and political prowess is necessary. Would love to see Rahm come back.
AKA must know how to lie, cheat and manipulate really well. Runs in the family.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:00 PM

5,014 posts, read 9,460,718 times
Quote:

I find myself pining for the days of Rahm too. While he had faults, he understood what it took to grow the city and he had a vision. To be fair to Lightfoot, she was handed a pretty tough situation with the COVID. But I think overall, she is a lot less competent.

Worse, I'm not sure she's going to win re-election so I'm wondering who were going to get next. I think it's a crapshoot as to whether it will be better or worse.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:49 PM

Where are the Republican candidates in this supposed non dictatorship democratic city?

Old 01-08-2021, 01:56 PM

Remember when we had the riots with BLM and all this stuff? How long ago was that? 10 years? They all went back to the woods where they crawled out from already. So weak. They are all iike the husbands, they can't keep it up. One minute man. They btch moan throw stuff and want all this change then they all disappear leaving it for the Trump voters. They certainly aren't a loyal bunch.

Old 01-08-2021, 01:57 PM

Earth to democrats, are you alive???

Old 01-08-2021, 06:23 PM

5,070 posts, read 2,179,417 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChicagoDavid View Post
Earth to democrats, are you alive???
Alive enough to steal an election

Old 01-08-2021, 07:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Puke. Biden got my pity vote. Democrats are so weak easy to pick on. Step up be loud be proud stop being stomped and abused by republicans.

Old 01-09-2021, 12:21 PM

17,183 posts, read 22,916,488 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert9 View Post
Biden was not my favorite candidate, but he did NOT steal the vote. He got 81,000,000 votes to Trump's 70,000,000 votes.

The courts through out Trump's suits because there was no legitimate evidence of voter fraud and Trump's lawyers even admitted that they were not alleging voter fraud. READ the court cases not what Rudy Guiliani and Sidney Powell say.

Accept it, Trump lost fair and square.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago