Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-03-2009, 08:01 AM

12,063 posts, read 31,628,883 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLCMA View Post
As the OP of this post I have to say I'm disappointed in the people who fight with one another, have negative views of the area I'm looking at and everything in general, and go completely off topic. All I wanted to know is what neighborhoods were good for young professionals and it appears that LP is a great place to live if you're single and white collared. I don't know why so many people get into arguments and go completely off topic. I do thank the people who answered my post, which is very few. I feel the people on here who bash others and are negative are just miserable in their own lives and have to vent on here which is just ridiculous.
This whiny post makes me think you are going to really hate Chicago.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-03-2009, 02:45 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lenniel View Post
Ha ha. Yep, I'm sure you could live in Lincoln Park, (in a one BR studio). Your pissing and moaning is a laugher. You were clearly given too many wedgies as a kid and probably endured a number of times being stuffed in a locker? You must not have fit in with the 'in' crowd.
To the OP: if this is the kind of grade-school "I'm better than you" crap you enjoy from your neighbors and acquaintances, then Lincoln Park will be an excellent fit for you. If you prefer to live among grown-ups who have grown-up critical thinking skills, look at some of the other neighborhoods others have suggested.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:03 PM

527 posts, read 1,245,469 times
LP is excellent! I would never say it wasn't. I think what people are trying to help you realize is that there are other really great areas that don't cost $2/sqft/month.

Old 03-07-2009, 02:14 PM

15,586 posts, read 27,621,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Basekamp View Post
LP is excellent! I would never say it wasn't. I think what people are trying to help you realize is that there are other really great areas that don't cost $2/sqft/month.
For once I actually agree with one of your posts.

Old 11-02-2009, 07:26 PM

200 posts, read 814,527 times
What about the Magnificent Mile and the Loop

Old 11-02-2009, 11:37 PM

5,738 posts, read 5,443,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildcat2009 View Post
What about the Magnificent Mile and the Loop
They're much better for working or shopping than living. Not much of a neighborhood feel or a street life in these places, and it sounds like the OP is looking for that. Living near downtown is for people who want to live close to work and aren't terribly interested in "hanging out" in places other than their homes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago