Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-04-2010, 11:44 PM

85 posts, read 108,835 times

Advertisements

favorites
jan jeffcoat-she's pretty hot and a good news anchor(morning FOX news)
luaren jiggets-hot and a good reporter(NBC5 News)
ginger zee-hot meteorologist(NBC5 News)
zoraida sambolin-funny good co-anchor(morning NBC5 News)

Least favorite
sandra solarte-she sucks and pisses me off and she's ugly

Best News in Chicago
1. 4:30AM - 7:00AM NBC 5 Morning News(5 stars funny and entertaining) pros-i recomend it
2. 5AM - 10AM Good Day Chicago(4.5 stars somewhat funny and entertaining) cons-sandra solarte's ugly face! lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2010, 12:06 PM

4,721 posts, read 15,617,005 times
Michelle Gallardo has theee most annoying,obnoxious voice that we turn the channel when she is on. I just dont get it. I am glad they can ignore appearance (very homely,bless her heart ) but that voice is fingernails on the chalk board.
And un like other posters, I think Larry Potash and team are a hoot and a half.

Old 01-11-2011, 08:26 AM

3 posts, read 16,459 times
I have to find a new morning news show before work but I love Robin Baumgarten. I watch WGN in the morning but I have to switch because Ana Belaval gets my goat almost daily. I agree with the over pronunciation and what she said this morning floored me. "Thats what guys want to see" she said when referring to the complaint emails she knows she'll get from viewers about only having skinny models on her exercise clothing segment. I could give a rats about what guys wanna see, what about the viewers that tune in religiously every morning. I guess fat women don't need exercise clothes. Is she married to Howard Stern? She's unfunny and she reminds me of the snooty aggressive girls that tried to beat me up in middle school. She would be great in Miami or Hollywood not the portly Midwest.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:41 PM

289 posts, read 897,354 times
I like Ravi Bachiwal and Karen Jordan. Can't stand how Michelle Gallardo does her entire report in English and then has to keep it real when she pronounces her last name. Does Ravi sound like Apu from The Simpsons when he says he name?

Nobody mentioned radio. I listen to NPR every morning and I've never heard so many flubs by a professional speaker as Lisa Labuz. Sometimes I think she has dyslexia.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:43 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Ron Magers. He's like an old friend by now.

Old 01-11-2011, 10:52 PM

38,707 posts, read 103,201,963 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by slow_nerve_action View Post
Perspective, people.
If you ever have a chance, watch newscasts in South Bend, Peoria, Quad Cities. THAT is amateur hour - a mix of :

-recent college grads, fresh out of Syracuse and St. Cloud State

-lifers who make the most of it - the free dinners, local celebrity (low rent Ron Burgundys)

-washed up has-beens from major and mod tier markets, obviously resentful that they have to cover Loverboy coming to the county fair as the "lead story".
I can do you one better -- I used to periodically watch news broadcasts from Rhinelander and Wausau. I've seen better-produced news shows from high school TV studios.

Old 03-04-2015, 03:21 PM

1 posts, read 6,549 times
How bout the CBS morning news anchor Erin Kennedy? She NEVER looks down at the papers in front of her but shifts them religiously as tho she were reading them. Knock it off already. So staged.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:07 PM

9,913 posts, read 9,593,779 times
I like Andy Avalos the weatherman from NBC, and I love Jon Kelly from Fox32, he is funny and i met him in the fast food restaurnt down in the building. The one i dont like is the Darlene Hill from Fox32 because she thinks she is so funny but she is always making aggressive arm motions, and pointing and being obnoxious, she is way over the top and thinks she is hot stuff. not very humble, trying to get everyone's attention where its obnoxious.

Mark Suppelsa on Fox32 is really a nice guy.. he'd be a fun dad. he was talking about his kid today.

Old 03-04-2015, 05:19 PM

8,851 posts, read 5,876,506 times
I've got to admit that I have a huge crush on Mai Martinez on CBS-2 I notice that she kind of stumbles over her lines pretty frequently though, lol.

Old 03-04-2015, 06:16 PM

867 posts, read 1,372,663 times
Best Anchors:
Ron Magers, Mark Suppelsa, Robin Robinson

Hottest:
Alicia Roman, Amy Rutledge, Dawn Hasbrouck

Still thinking about bad Anchors.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Illinois > Chicago