Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:07 PM

28,122 posts, read 30,041,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
I'm female, have never behaved, acted or thought like a "female" should. I am straight, hate even being around my gender. I am 6"0, 180lbs and can bench press 200, lift and throw 50lb bags of feed/hay. I look very masculine. The only "women's" clothing I wear is underwear. So, what do you say?
(Asking this because of all the "people who wear the other gender's clothes are an abomination to the Lord" posts)
You know, it kind of sounds like you want an answer of "yes." Sorry. The answer is "no."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:10 PM

13,809 posts, read 26,591,501 times
Quote:
I'm female, have never behaved, acted or thought like a "female" should. I am straight, hate even being around my gender. I am 6"0, 180lbs and can bench press 200, lift and throw 50lb bags of feed/hay. I look very masculine. The only "women's" clothing I wear is underwear. So, what do you say?
(Asking this because of all the "people who wear the other gender's clothes are an abomination to the Lord" posts)
The part I put in bold is the only part I think could be problematic. There was times I "hated" being around men, but I think that was wrong of me and have mostly outgrown it. From a Christian, or even humanist really, perspective you shouldn't be so biased against someone because of gender.

However I said "could be" problematic because I know some women who say "I hate being around women" really mean "I hate being around 'stereotypical' women." It's a way of saying they're not interested in talking about clothes, men, shopping, "girlie" things, and the snark or cattiness of some women. However they're fine in a group of non-judgmental women who like history, politics, science, sports, music, etc. Maybe even if such women are a tad "feminine" so long as they're not the type to press on other women to "be feminine."

So if you really just hate being around your own gender, without exception, I think that might be a bit sad. If you just mean you're not interested in being around "girlie" people that's just a matter of taste and interest.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:02 PM

621 posts, read 1,211,957 times
Quote:
Who are we to judge?

Old 06-28-2010, 11:17 PM

5,002 posts, read 12,374,916 times
You are only an abomination if you let people make you think you are.

Old 06-28-2010, 11:58 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,378,798 times
Quote:
Hi JesseJames!
Well, the answer you will get depends on who you ask.
Someone who believes in hellfire will tell you that, yes, you actually ARE an abomination unto the Lord, unless you get your act together. He (God) loves you, but not at the moment. (And even if you could get your act together, you also have to believe all the right doctrine, otherwise you'll be kicked out again.)

Others here may tell you that God loves you and that He created you just the way you are. That He has a special path for you, just like everyone else.

Personally, I'm glad you're here, no matter how you're made! We're ALL different!

Blessings to you,
brian

Old 06-29-2010, 12:33 AM

2,741 posts, read 8,894,398 times
Quote:
IMO, you're fine just the way you are...if some people don't like it that's their problem, not yours. Just be you, and don't try to be someone that others want you to be. There will always be people out there who won't like any change we do to our appearance, so I'd say just look and dress the way that makes you feel good about yourself. There is clothing that is "unisex", and I think blue jeans is one of them...nothing wrong with that...

Bud

Old 06-29-2010, 01:00 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,030,177 times
Am I an "Abomination" to you?

No.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:48 AM

595 posts, read 763,126 times
Quote:
Positive reinforcement, God says you are fearfully and wonderfully made! And no amount of clothes or makeup or not define's the wonderful person God has made in you. He is in love with just you.

God bless you mightily,
Mercy

Old 06-29-2010, 05:52 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,710,069 times
Quote:
Hi Jesse !!

First of all who told you that "all the people who wear the other gender's clothes are an abomination to the Lord ?"

Who ever may have told you this it is not true !! For the reasons God looks at the heart not the outward appearances.... I have known some women who have chosen the life style as yourself and are the most loving, kindest people I have ever met !
I am truly sorry if someone has said that to you especially if that someone claims to be a christian.... because it is not true !! There are all sorts of people out there and Jesus loves them all regardless how they dress and so forth.

Please don't hate your gender. I can understand to a certain extent to why you choose not to be around some women and their silliness...... please do not hold that against them..... Jesus wants us love all people !! For He is not a respecter of people, male or female and shows no partiality toward no one. As I said before.... He looks at the heart not the outward appearance.

And also if someone says to you that because...... "Someone who believes in hellfire will tell you that, yes, you actually ARE an abomination unto the Lord, unless you get your act together"........ is definitely not kind and especially not true.... you would only guess they're no different then the one who would tell you that dressing and liking to do the things a man enjoys doing is an abomination to the Lord.
That is not of our Lord Jesus Christ !!!
Those who truly know the love of God love you just like God loves you and will not show any form of partiality in faith or actually anything no matter what....

Blessings to you, Jesse, and do hope you will not let this kind of thing overcome you, but for you to overcome it and be secure, happy that you are who you are no matter what people think or say !! It is God who created you and the One you would always want to trust, He will never, never make you feel bad about yourself ...... and He will always show you how wonderfully He has made you, you are the apple of His eye and precious in His sight !!!

Old 06-29-2010, 06:34 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,638,134 times
Quote:
Hey I think it's cool that you can bench press 200 lbs and throw around sacks of feed like they were feathers! Wish I could do that. You are in no way, shape or form an abomination to anyone or to God....you're who you are and that's a person who the Lord loves no matter what you wear!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity