Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-28-2010, 10:37 PM

7,723 posts, read 12,615,441 times

Advertisements

I wanted to know about this because I was recently compelled to do more research on the rapture. I don't really understand the time period for the 7-year tribulation. I never understood how on earth it's going to be that long. I mean, I'm not questioning God and why or how he does things but my goodness that is an awful lot of time to be under persecution. I'm not talking about for unbelievers though. I'm talking about the Christians who are born again in that time! I've been researching different Christian websites and they are saying the tribulation is actually 3 1/2 years. Is this true? Do you agree? Personally I believe in the literal bible theory but you never know. I'm just so baffled at the fact that the tribulation will be THAT long. That's almost a decade!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-28-2010, 10:46 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,523,686 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
I wanted to know about this because I was recently compelled to do more research on the rapture. I don't really understand the time period for the 7-year tribulation. I never understood how on earth it's going to be that long. I mean, I'm not questioning God and why or how he does things but my goodness that is an awful lot of time to be under persecution. I'm not talking about for unbelievers though. I'm talking about the Christians who are born again in that time! I've been researching different Christian websites and they are saying the tribulation is actually 3 1/2 years. Is this true? Do you agree? Personally I believe in the literal bible theory but you never know. I'm just so baffled at the fact that the tribulation will be THAT long. That's almost a decade!
I just learned that it is not really 7 years because these are PROPHECY YEARS and are only 360 days long. Therefore it is only 6.899 REAL YEARS...

Or

It doesn't exist at all and the 490 year prophecy is as consecutive as it seems to be in Daniel 9.

One thing I can tell you is do your own research and don't just believe all the calculations of people who have an agenda (revenue from books, etc.).

Old 06-28-2010, 11:29 PM

18,249 posts, read 16,907,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
I just learned that it is not really 7 years because these are PROPHECY YEARS and are only 360 days long. Therefore it is only 6.899 REAL YEARS...

Or

It doesn't exist at all and the 490 year prophecy is as consecutive as it seems to be in Daniel 9.

One thing I can tell you is do your own research and don't just believe all the calculations of people who have an agenda (revenue from books, etc.).
If I may make a suggestion, Allen: listen to kat. Don't take anyone's word. There are people here who will hammer you with both sides---rapture; no rapture. tribulation; no tribulation. If you've followed any of my posts you know I'm strongly AGAINST the rapture because my studies have led me to the truth: that it's a doctrine invented by corrupt men to line their pockets with $$$$'s off the gullibility of naive Christians who are either new to the faith or stuck in some kind of spiritual adolescence. They refuse to educate themselves and prefer to continue down the Yellow Brick Road to some fairyland where they hope to find escape from the problems of the world. Those of us who've really studied the issue have discovered the rapture is as phony as a 3-dollar bill. Try it: Goggle "the rapture is a fraud" or "the rapture is false". Here's a good link to start you off:

The Raptureā€”A Popular but False Doctrine! > September/October 2008 > World News & Prophecy

Old 06-28-2010, 11:45 PM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
The Tribulation is seven years in length, but it is only the last 3 1/2 years in which the terrible judgments take place. The first half of the Tribulation is actually a time of peace. The antichrist will have made a covenant with Israel in which Israel is living in peace and security. But at the halfway point of the Tribulation, he breaks the covenant and begins to persecute Israel. At this time, there will be great tribulation on the earth, as well as on Israel.

The seven year period is the last seven years remaining to the dispensation of Israel. Once the church has been raptured, thus terminating the church-age, then the last seven years of the age of Israel, which is also the last seven years of the 490 years of Daniels prophecy, will begin.

Moderator cut: personal attack I therefore decided to include the link below concerning the rapture. Look at it if you wish.

The Rapture of the Church

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-29-2010 at 09:27 AM.. Reason: calling people liars is not allowed

Old 06-28-2010, 11:50 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,438,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
The Tribulation is seven years in length, but it is only the last 3 1/2 years in which the terrible judgments take place. The first half of the Tribulation is actually a time of peace. The antichrist will have made a covenant with Israel in which Israel is living in peace and security. But at the halfway point of the Tribulation, he breaks the covenant and begins to persecute Israel. At this time, there will be great tribulation on the earth, as well as on Israel.

The seven year period is the last seven years remaining to the dispensation of Israel. Once the church has been raptured, thus terminating the church-age, then the last seven years of the age of Israel, which is also the last seven years of the 490 years of Daniels prophecy, will begin.

Words of wisdom spoken here! In complete agreement.

Old 06-29-2010, 12:08 AM

33,221 posts, read 26,417,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Thanks Betsey!!! Moderator cut: off topic and insulting

Last edited by Miss Blue; 06-29-2010 at 09:32 AM.. Reason: insulting and off topic posts are being deleted or edited

Old 06-29-2010, 12:17 AM

1,208 posts, read 1,831,514 times
Roman's 16:3

Quote:
[3] And the second angel poured out his vial upon the sea; and it became as the blood of a dead man: and every living soul died in the sea.
The oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico rather looks like blood in some of the pictures I've seen on TV and newsprint.

Somebody also told me that if the oil well were to run it's course cause it couldn't be plugged, that the well would take 7 years to run dry. Can you imagine 7 years of oil spewing into the Gulf of Mexico? That could certainly kill a whole lot of sealife.

Maybe the tribulation has already begun?

Old 06-29-2010, 12:20 AM

1,492 posts, read 2,689,448 times
I think it stops just short of 7 yrs,as Jesus says He has to return,or no one would be left alive on earth.(good case for nuclear weapons being used during that time,isn't it).

Old 06-29-2010, 09:43 AM

13,640 posts, read 24,502,677 times
Moderator cut: message

Several posts have been deleted/edited because of insults and attacks

People you do not have to like each others opinions, doctrines, interpretations and you certainly do not have to agree with them..You are free to politely debate one another until doomsday, but you also have to debate the issue without insulting or name calling the poster[s] who disagree with you..That is not my rule that is City Data's rule which is within the TOS..

Next time any poster calls anyone here a liar gets a infraction and if you all keep it up the thread will be locked..

Old 06-29-2010, 10:33 AM

8,831 posts, read 11,619,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post

Moderator cut: personal attack I therefore decided to include the link below concerning the rapture. Look at it if you wish.

The Rapture of the Church
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
Yes, this is the way it will go down.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity