Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 10:35 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times

Advertisements

We open the door of our hearts to allow Jesus in to be saved ?. Rev 3 verse 20

Also how does such a belief harmonize with the fact that it's God who opens our heart ?.

Acts 16:14 And the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul.

Does the Lord open the heart of some and not others , so they have to discover and find the way to him by themselves ?.

I know when Jesus touched my life i was never the same again , all that searching i had been doing before He opened my eyes was Him drawing me to Himself .

The angry universalist
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2010, 11:02 AM

8,182 posts, read 9,213,174 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post

Also how does such a belief harmonize with the fact that it's God who opens our heart ?.

Acts 16:14 And the Lord opened her heart to respond to the things spoken by Paul.

Does the Lord open the heart of some and not others , so they have to discover and find the way to him by themselves ?.

I know when Jesus touched my life i was never the same again , all that searching i had been doing before He opened my eyes was Him drawing me to Himself .

The angry universalist
The church of Laodicea opens the door and dines with Jesus, dining is not salvation.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:11 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,969,381 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hilgi View Post
The church of Laodicea opens the door and dines with Jesus, dining is not salvation.
Steak and potatoes is not salvation?

Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:

The angry universalist
The door is our soul and the key is Divine Love. As we open our soul to the Divine Love of God, His Divinity will give us a New Heart (New Birth) while it washes away all that tend to defile it. In this way, we become like God instead of just the image of God. Jesus was the first and we can all be the last.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:46 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
Here's 1/1000th of the scriptures that tell us it is God!

Quote:
But one and the same Spirit works all these things, distributing to each one individually just as He wills. (1 Cor 12:11)

For the love of Christ controls us, having concluded this, that one died for all, therefore all died. (2 Cor 5:14)

For you were made sorrowful according to the will of God, in order that you might not suffer loss in anything through us. For the sorrow that is according to the will of God produces a repentance without regret, leading to salvation; but sorrow of the world produces death. (2 Cor 7:9-10)

But when He who had set me apart from my mother's womb, and called me through His grace, was pleased to reveal His Son in me... (Gal 1:15-16)

Just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world... (Eph 1:4)

This was in accordance with the eternal purpose which He carried out in Christ Jesus our Lord. (Eph 3:11)

For to you it has been granted for Christ's sake, not only to believe in Him, but also to suffer for His sake. (Phil 1:29)

Paul, an apostle of Jesus Christ by the will of God.... (Col 1:1)

And when you were dead in your transgressions and the uncircumcision of your flesh, He made you alive together with Him, having forgiven us all our transgressions. (Col 2:13)

Faithful is He who calls you, and He also will bring it to pass. (1 Thes 5:24)
And on and on.

If we would see our Savior in the true light of His greatness, the walls of pride would crumble and the light of His glory would radiate throughout this forum.

Old 06-01-2010, 11:53 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:

The angry universalist
God is the one who opens eyes and hearts, and He doesn't do it for everyone at the same time.

Luke 8:8 ..When he said this, he called out, "He who has ears to hear, let him hear." 9His disciples asked him what this parable meant. 10He said, "The knowledge of the secrets of the kingdom of God has been given to you, but to others I speak in parables, so that,
" 'though seeing, they may not see;
though hearing, they may not understand.'

Here we see one example where Jesus Himself did not want the masses to understand. It was not their time to understand.

Old 06-01-2010, 12:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,660,837 times
Quote:

The angry universalist
If I did, would it make any difference pcamps?

Old 06-01-2010, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
If I did, would it make any difference pcamps?
Verna what makes a difference is that the glory goes to God , so unless you can prove emphatically and without doubt from the scriptures that we open our hearts and enable ourselves to respond to the gospel rather than the Lord Himself , what you have to say will not make the slighest difference.

By the way Little Elmer and Lego great posts

And will probably make even more angry than Finn Jarber thinks i am

Old 06-01-2010, 01:29 PM

11,897 posts, read 3,699,863 times
Quote:
Verna what makes a difference is that the glory goes to God , so unless you can prove emphatically and without doubt from the scriptures that we open our hearts and enable ourselves to respond to the gospel rather than the Lord Himself , what you have to say will not make the slighest difference.

By the way Little Elmer and Lego great posts

And will probably make even more angry than Finn Jarber thinks i am
But are you angry -- or is it just Finn that thinks you are?

Where does anger come from?

Old 06-01-2010, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
But are you angry -- or is it just Finn that thinks you are?

Where does anger come from?
Meerkat i occasionally get angry with myself for some of the teachings that i gullibly believed , but then i hear that still small voice that says "Forget the things that have passed and press on to the things before".

I think my no nonense reply's to Finn and a few others are probably mistaken as me being angry .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity