Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2010, 09:07 PM

63,817 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you trying to insult me into agrement? I don't think that is going to work.
Apparently I am vainly trying to educate you by pointing out the poor logic you displayed in trying to interpret the verse the way you did. It's not about you or insulting you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-17-2010, 10:48 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Apparently I am vainly trying to educate you by pointing out the poor logic you displayed in trying to interpret the verse the way you did. It's not about you or insulting you.
Try comparing scriputre to scripture, and you will understand you error. Then you would not get frustrated and resort to insuts.

Old 07-18-2010, 08:39 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
The good news of great joy

When was the last time you went to a church meeting and the message was heralded as good news of great joy ?

10And the angel said unto them, Fear not: for, behold, I bring you good tidings of great joy, which shall be to all people.
11For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Saviour, which is Christ the Lord.
12And this shall be a sign unto you; Ye shall find the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes, lying in a manger.
13And suddenly there was with the angel a multitude of the heavenly host praising God, and saying, 14Glory to God in the highest, and on earth peace, good will toward men.

"I praise you, Father, Lord of heaven and earth, because you have hidden these things from the wise and learned, and revealed them to little children

Old 07-19-2010, 05:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
The good news of great joy

When was the last time you went to a church meeting and the message was heralded as good news of great joy ?

Pretty much every time.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Pretty much every time.
If fundamental christian posts on this forum are a reflection of what is being shared at the church meeting places are anything to go by , i highly doubt it because i cannot recall the good news being shared on here.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:17 AM

Quote:
If fundamental christian posts on this forum are a reflection of what is being shared at the church meeting places are anything to go by , i highly doubt it because i cannot recall the good news being shared on here.
Then obviously you only see what you want to see It is as simple as that.

Old 07-19-2010, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Then obviously you only see what you want to see It is as simple as that.
I guess i must .

Old 07-19-2010, 11:31 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
Saw a sign today stuck in someones front yard that said "Jesus is the only way to heaven".

Following on from the "Main error of UR" thread. I would like to point out a glaring error in fundamental christianity .

Fundamental christianity talks much about future events and little about what Jesus is actually doing in reality in their lives today , even preterists do it i hasten to add , the future events are Jesus is coming again , heaven and the lake of fire(eternal torment) .

True salvation that Jesus spoke about is "for today" .

Salvation is not being saved from eternal torment , it's for the here and now.

When Moses said stand still and see the Salvation of the Lord , it was in real time and they saw it in real time. .

Jesus said to him, "Today salvation has come to this house, because this man, too, is a son of Abraham. (Luke 19: 9)

Behold, now is the accepted time; behold, now is the day of salvation" (2 Corinthians 6:1,2).

The thief comes only in order to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have and enjoy life, and have it in abundance (to the full, till it [a]overflows). (John 10 : 10).

Believing Salvation is a future event will leave you empty today , leave you missing out on the riches of His grace and His reality in your life today, and a form of godliness which just consists of bible knowledge.
Constantine understood early on that without the threat of ET, you could not control the masses - that is why it has such a grip on the churches even to this day. It is the ultimate extortion tool. To let mere men rule over your conscience is, to me, a sin and the road to spiritual prison. Every person is accountable to God for himself. For others to step in and abuse that is a grave sin. Why are so many professing Christians trying to conceal the freedom that is ours in Christ??? I know why, so that is rhetorical question. POWER is the answer.

Heartsong

Old 07-19-2010, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Constantine understood early on that without the threat of ET, you could not control the masses - that is why it has such a grip on the churches even to this day. It is the ultimate extortion tool. To let mere men rule over your conscience is, to me, a sin and the road to spiritual prison. Every person is accountable to God for himself. For others to step in and abuse that is a grave sin. Why are so many professing Christians trying to conceal the freedom that is ours in Christ??? I know why, so that is rhetorical question. POWER is the answer.

Heartsong
Amen Heartsong

The message of Fundamental christianity is a stumbling block to the good news, but it will not prevail . It unknowingly points man to his sin , rather than the answer to his sin

John the Baptist proclaimed "Behold the Lamb of God. Fundamental christianity proclaims "Behold your sin".

Old 07-19-2010, 03:49 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post

Heartsong
Absolutely! The Holy Spirit was given to each and every one who believes.

Quote:
Amen Heartsong

The message of Fundamental christianity is a stumbling block to the good news, but it will not prevail . It unknowingly points man to his sin , rather than the answer to his sin

John the Baptist proclaimed "Behold the Lamb of God.

Fundamental christianity proclaims "Behold your sin".

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity