Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 09:09 PM

11,123 posts, read 6,389,775 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
I know that we essentially agree on the nature of the second death, the judgment and resurrection -- what I was meaning is that Verna does not see how you view the nature of these things death, judgment and resurrection (and I feel does not really want to understand what you believe) and that you do not understand how Verna perceives these things example, thought she believed in ET when she believes in annihilation and there will be other differences in understanding ......

Yes , but when you said she beleived in annihilation, that changed things a little, but I do understand the doctrine of annihilation, so now I do understand where Verna is comming from.

But you are right she does not want to understand, because she hates the very thought that God will save the world through Jesus Christ.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-24-2010, 09:10 PM

3,381 posts, read 4,195,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
Yes , but when you said she beleived in annihilation, that changed things a little, but I do understand the doctrine of annihilation, so now I do understand where Verna is comming from.

But you are right she does not want to understand, because she hates the very thought that God will save the world through Jesus Christ.
I think she is scared of being wrong. She does not want to be annihilated.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:
From what I can gather, on this forum, both some of those that believe in ET and some of those that believe in annihilation are not so concerned with their differences between each other as with being joined in their objection to UR .......
Yes, I've noticed that too. Interesting how the ETers do not fight with the Annihilationists so much. The heresy that brings wrath around here appears to be believing that God is love and that he is sovereign over all things and will get exactly what he wants. Why the idea of people making such an assertion is a complete outrage! We deserve to be tortured forever more than other heretics! We are like spiders held over a flame, just waiting for the Almighty to drop us into the bottomless pit since "he" cannot condone people believing in his unfathomable riches of mercy.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:13 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Verna/pneuma

Can I say that I think you 2 are not understanding the differences in your respective perceptions or understandings of the nature of what the death is, the judgment is, and what the resurrection is. And also what the nature of aionian is and when it happens.

To me it seems that is where the differences happen in opposing doctrines - taking the symbol to be the reality, to be water baptised or not, to take communion or not, to keep the sabbath or not --- the OT had a shadow of what is fulfilled in Christ.

The Israelites were baptised into Moses
Humans in Adam are baptised into Christ - I believe that we all will be baptised into Christ, if it does not happen before physical death it will happen at the second death......
...nope...no go meerkat...not acording to the Word of God!...

The ones who will be resurrected up with Him at The Great White Throne of Judgement...

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 1:6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-- to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 2:11 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Revelation 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Revelation 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 22:5 And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

Those who will NOT! be resurrected up with Him at The Great White Throne of Judgement, but will go down!...soul dead!...forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Galatians 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

Revelation 2:11 'He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches. He who overcomes will not be hurt by the second death.'

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent! of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Revelation 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall >>!!ever!!<< come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

I'll stand upon the Word of God.

In Christ's love...prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
...nope...no go meerkat...not acording to the Word of God!...

The ones who will be resurrected up with Him at The Great White Throne of Judgement...

Revelation 20:6 Blessed and holy are those who have part in the first resurrection. The second death has no power over them, but they will be priests of God and of Christ and will reign with him for a thousand years.

Revelation 1:6 and He has made us to be a kingdom, priests to His God and Father-- to Him be the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.

Revelation 3:21 'He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne.

Revelation 5:10 "You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to our God; and they will reign upon the earth."

Revelation 14:13 And I heard a voice from heaven, saying, "Write, 'Blessed are the dead who die in the Lord from now on!'" "Yes," says the Spirit, "so that they may rest from their labors, for their deeds follow with them."

Revelation 20:4 Then I saw thrones, and they sat on them, and judgment was given to them. And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony of Jesus and because of the word of God, and those who had not worshiped the beast or his image, and had not received the mark on their forehead and on their hand; and they came to life and reigned with Christ for a thousand years.

Revelation 20:14 Then death and Hades were thrown into the lake of fire. This is the second death, the lake of fire.

Revelation 22:5 And there will no longer be any night; and they will not have need of the light of a lamp nor the light of the sun, because the Lord God will illumine them; and they will reign forever and ever.

Those who will NOT! be resurrected up with Him at The Great White Throne of Judgement, but will go down!...soul dead!...forever and ever and ever and ever and ever...

Revelation 21:8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars--their place will be in the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death."

1 Corinthians 6:9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,

Galatians 5:19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,

Revelation 9:21 and they did not repent! of their murders nor of their sorceries nor of their immorality nor of their thefts.

Revelation 19:20 And the beast was seized, and with him the false prophet who performed the signs in his presence, by which he deceived those who had received the mark of the beast and those who worshiped his image; these two were thrown alive into the lake of fire which burns with brimstone.

Revelation 21:27 and nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall >>!!ever!!<< come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life.

Revelation 22:15 Outside are the dogs and the sorcerers and the immoral persons and the murderers and the idolaters, and everyone who loves and practices lying.

I'll stand upon the Word of God.

Verna.
Do you know what the second death is?

What is the first one?

Is it permanent?

What happens when all death is swallowed up?

Old 07-24-2010, 09:23 PM

Quote:
eek gad Verna were is all this hatred comming from?

I realise you beleive UR is in error, but now you won't even defend your own beleif.
eek gad pneuma...there is no hatred here...none what-so-ever.

pneuma...there comes a time when one realizes that some things are just pointless...and I have and will continue to defend my own belief when and with whom I feel it will make a difference. I will pick my battles, thank you...and those would be one's in which I thought there may be a chance in winning someone over to Christ...in THIS! life....as in NOW!...as in BEFORE! they die! as in before it is too late!

Verna.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by herefornow View Post
Do you know what the second death is?

What is the first one?

Is it permanent?

What happens when all death is swallowed up?
already asked a similar question, she does not want to answer it.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:29 PM

Quote:
already asked a similar question, she does not want to answer it.

Oh. Whoops. Sorry.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
eek gad pneuma...there is no hatred here...none what-so-ever.

pneuma...there comes a time when one realizes that some things are just pointless...and I have and will continue to defend my own belief when and with whom I feel it will make a difference. I will pick my battles, thank you...and those would be one's in which I thought there may be a chance in winning someone over to Christ...in THIS! life....as in NOW!...as in BEFORE! they die! as in befoe it is too late!

Verna.
Well I am glad you determined it is pointless to speak to me further, and you determined this in what 3 or 4 posts that we have spoken together.

That was quick.

And yes Verna there is hatred in your posts, you simply hate that God will save the world through Jesus Christ.

Be honest,(because we all ready know) you hate the very thought of that don't you.

Old 07-24-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
No Verna I don't beleive that one who continues to sin will recieve aionion life.
O.K..Pneuma, now we are getting somewhere...You stated that one who continues to sin will not receive eternal life.

Now - the question is:

1. Do you commit sin? For example do you keep the 7th day Sabbath holy as God commanded?

Last edited by Verna Perry; 07-24-2010 at 09:55 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity