Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-25-2010, 11:49 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,402,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
I thought UR does not embrace freewill? Is this yet another paradox?

Not all universalist believe after the same fashion, I am one of the few who believe in the freewill of man.

What we all agree on however is the final outcome, the salvation of all.

Quote:
Jesus only saves those with godly sorrow -- and I gave the definition of godly sorrow.

I agree, however every knee will bow in worship to God, every one will have Godly sorrow for their sins. Look at Paul and how sorrowful he was for killing the Christians.

Quote:

Not at all. The invitation is open to all, not just the Jews; but that invitation must be accepted. Jesus saved me, one who was worthy of death. But, since I met the condition of salvation, God pardoned me.

Every knee bowing and confessing Jesus Christ is Lord to the glory of the Father shows all will except Jesus Christ is Lord.

No one can say Jesus Christ is Lord but by the Holy Spirit and confession is made unto salvation

Quote:
I don't know all the facts; therefore, I don't know if he was saved or not; that's between him and God. However, if he met the condition of salvation, then he was saved; if not, then he's in hell

Is that not the same as saying that people can live like the devil throughout their lives, confess Jesus Christ is Lord on their death bed and they get a free pass into heaven?

What about those who kill in Gods name thinking they do Him a service, obviously they believe in Him and confess Him before men, yet go about killing other people? Just witness the crusades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2010, 11:50 AM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisonminnie View Post
With all due respect, pneuma

As much as I hate to admit this, I think Verna/other like-minded individuals could be right, I don't think God wants to save all, it's because I want the world to be saved but cannot see it happening, I don't see UR as being true either, biblically (I think annihilation is the most biblical concept), I've become an apostate (If indeed, I ever was truly a christian in the first place), I only hope it doesn't happen to my hubby as well, luckily I hide such things from him

Precisely, the whole thing has been determined beforehand anyway and there is nothing that can be done about it, one doesn't have to like it, like thinking your husband loved you, but finding out that secretly detests you and plans to kill you, it's coming to terms with it that's the hard thing

You wrote ...

Quote:
I don't think God wants to save all
That is interesting, as it is not what the scriptures teach ...

1 Tim 2:4
who wants all men to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.(NIV)

who desires all people to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.(ESV)

Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.(KJV)

who doth will all men to be saved, and to come to the full knowledge of the truth(YLT)

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
"You shall KNOW them BY their fruits." Anyone can say they are whatever they want to be, in the moment they are in. Does that MAKE them what they are?

Comon, show some reason here. Scripture CLEARLY states this. Jesus SAID this.

What about the crusades Hotin? do you beleive not one person involved in the crusades was a christain?

I agree they are known by their fruits, but we must remeber a babe in Christ is still Christ's and look at the fruits that come from babes.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:53 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,159,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
Don't you claim to Know that whoever dies without first believing in Christ will never be saved?
No.

I claim what Jesus said.

John 3:16

It is enough.

Old 07-25-2010, 11:55 AM

Quote:
Once again, simply professing that Jesus is your Lord does not make it so. Belief without fruits worthy of repentance is not acceptable to God.
So all babes in Christ are lost, nice gospel

Old 07-25-2010, 11:57 AM

Quote:
Jesus leads, we follow.
God judges, we accept.
truer word were never spoken

God judges, we accept.

When God judges man, man will accept Him

Old 07-25-2010, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
What about the crusades Hotin? do you beleive not one person involved in the crusades was a christain?

I am not sure, TBO. Was the fruit they bore in line with Christian, or rather, Christ? Then the answer would speak for itself. I know many were killed, over a city. I know many are killed today, over cities. Or ideologies, or theologies.
Are they bearing fruit in accordance to Christ and His teachings?

Then that says it all.

Quote:
I agree they are known by their fruits, but we must remeber a babe in Christ is still Christ's and look at the fruits that come from babes.

Big difference.

A babe in Christ adhears to His teachings. We find the first teachings in Matt 5:3-20

As a babe, in Christ, this teaching should be on the front line of those who follow Him. Anything outside of this, should be shunned, even to the death.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:03 PM

Quote:
truer word were never spoken

God judges, we accept.

When God judges man, man will accept Him
Perhaps, on the way to the LOF. Either way, they accept their fate.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:06 PM

Quote:
So all babes in Christ are lost, nice gospel
Would not the first act of submission to Jesus be to turn from darkness, into Light?
Is that not a fruit worthy of repentance? I believe it is.
Only God knows the heart. Man just sees the reflection and fruit of it.

Old 07-25-2010, 12:18 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,772,793 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
No.

I claim what Jesus said.

John 3:16

It is enough.

John 3:16 says nothing about who will or will not be saved.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity