Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-02-2010, 01:09 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
You never responded to my post, I'm still waiting. Scared I might have the truth?
What truth are you talking about?

There is no need to respond to your post #95 - all that was needed to be said has been said in my previous posts - you fail to recognize the issue and are rambling on about irrelevent things.

Ilene, you are a child - go play in the sand box - the truth is right there in your posts - it is there for all to read.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-02-2010, 01:30 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiloh1 View Post

There is no need to respond to your post #95 - all that was needed to be said has been said in my previous posts - you fail to recognize the issue and are rambling on about irrelevent things.

Ilene, you are a child - go play in the sand box - the truth is right there in your posts - it is there for all to read.
You won't respond because you have no argument against what I said. What a chicken. And you're absolutely right....the truth is right there in my posts for all to read.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:47 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
You won't respond because you have no argument against what I said. What a chicken. And you're absolutely right....the truth is right there in my posts for all to read.
Ilene , please understand this you are arguing against something that I am not - you are missing the point. It is clear that you either do not have the intellectual capacity to discern what is being argued and what is not or you are blinded by your prejudices and emotions so that you ramble on about things I am not concerned with. Maybe you have not even read my posts but either way your antics are childish and unbecoming of your profession as a 'christian.'

I will try one more time to clarify and help you:

1) You said the Bible is full of contradictions - FACT

2) You said that we have to go beyond the Bible to gain the truth - FACT

3) You said we do this by way of the Spirit instead of the Bible - FACT

4) You then said that the Spirit then leads you to the Truth that is in the Bible - FACT (Here is the problem DING DING DING)

5) You then said you believe this truth is Universalism - FACT

Now without arguing the truth or falsity of Universalism, the above is irrational and highly subjective - frankly quite stupid as a method of arriving at the truth of any theology.

If you cannot see that truth then no amount of posting is going to change your problems.

Old 08-02-2010, 01:58 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Quote:

This condescending attitude toward your sister is ungodly and not in keeping with the Spirit of Christ.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Ilene , please understand this you are arguing against something that I am not - you are missing the point. It is clear that you either do not have the intellectual capacity to discern what is being argued and what is not or you are blinded by your prejudices and emotions so that you ramble on about things I am not concerned with. Maybe you have not even read my posts but either way your antics are childish and unbecoming of your profession as a 'christian.'

4) You then said that the Spirit then leads you to the Truth that is in the Bible - FACT (Here is the problem DING DING DING)

Now without arguing the truth or falsity of Universalism, the above is irrational and highly subjective - frankly quite stupid as a method of arriving at the truth of any theology.

If you cannot see that truth then no amount of posting is going to change your problems.
Yep, it's all fact, although you STILL did not address my last post to you. Why won't you do that? Is it still the "I don't know how to quote" thing or fear because I have more truth than your ET mind can comprehend right now? You just don't get it and quite frankly you never will using the carnal mind of an ET believer. You've been duped, lied to and conditioned to believe something that is NOT TRUE.

It will take you opening your clamped tight mind to see what is real and what is false. God is not a murdering, torturous God.....He is THE God of LOVE and light and you must be able to see beyond yourself and your erroneous teachings to realize that and be able to understand what it is I'm trying to tell you. Come away from the carnal man, remove the stubbornness and the blinders and really let the Holy Spirit lead you. Until you let go of man's teachings and search for the answers yourself you will remain in darkness of worshiping a book and not God.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:05 PM

17,161 posts, read 11,394,984 times
Quote:

Except that as firstborn pointed out, for all intents and purposes, this is precisely how all people arrive at the "truth" of their theology. Whether or not one acknowledges that the bible is not infallible, everyone cherry picks, and everyone assumes that they arrived at their "truth" because the spirit guided them to do so.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
This condescending attitude toward your sister is ungodly and not in keeping with the Spirit of Christ.
Thanks, Heartsong. I agree, his posts are extremely condescending and just plain rude and he refuses to address my post. I think it's all a ploy to detract from the fact he has no debating skills. He obviously is not firmly grounded in his ET belief. Maybe he's fighting the truth like I was???

Old 08-02-2010, 02:17 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
No it is not- it is a fact by reason of her posts - and like she is not to blame for the very same that you judge.

I do not take joy in pointing out her fallicies or her subjectivism - it is reality - deal with it.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:20 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pleroo View Post
Except that as firstborn pointed out, for all intents and purposes, this is precisely how all people arrive at the "truth" of their theology. Whether or not one acknowledges that the bible is not infallible, everyone cherry picks, and everyone assumes that they arrived at their "truth" because the spirit guided them to do so.
Then all people are engaged in fallacious and subjective processes at arriving at the truth - which is the point of my posts. You just established my point.

So stop trying to side step the real issue here.

Old 08-02-2010, 02:26 PM
2K5Gx2km

n/a posts
Quote:
Yep, it's all fact, although you STILL did not address my last post to you. Why won't you do that? Is it still the "I don't know how to quote" thing or fear because I have more truth than your ET mind can comprehend right now? You just don't get it and quite frankly you never will using the carnal mind of an ET believer. You've been duped, lied to and conditioned to believe something that is NOT TRUE.

It will take you opening your clamped tight mind to see what is real and what is false. God is not a murdering, torturous God.....He is THE God of LOVE and light and you must be able to see beyond yourself and your erroneous teachings to realize that and be able to understand what it is I'm trying to tell you. Come away from the carnal man, remove the stubbornness and the blinders and really let the Holy Spirit lead you. Until you let go of man's teachings and search for the answers yourself you will remain in darkness of worshiping a book and not God.
Thanks for proving my points IW - When did I ever mentioned ET - now you are just being deceptive or lying through your teeth in order to side step the real issue here. Prideful are we.

Thanks for showing the facts that my argument was never about ET or Universalism - but you were under the impression that this is what the posts were all about.

Stop trying to decieve or lie to people about what I am really arguing about.

And those who are defending her are guilty of the same - it it clear that my posts had nothing to do with ET.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity