Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-17-2010, 12:58 PM

4,160 posts, read 5,620,914 times

Advertisements

I have a question or two about God-

Why do some people just have awful things happen to them over and over? Why does God allow this while others seem to bask in luck?

Why does God allow the unspeakable to happen to people...I guess I always wonder this-I just watched the news about what happened to the CT family-

So...I want to ask
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-17-2010, 01:48 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post

Why do some people just have awful things happen to them over and over? Why does God allow this while others seem to bask in luck?

Why does God allow the unspeakable to happen to people...
This has nothing to do with the case that you mentioned. But generally speaking about your post, people have rejected the true and living God, so why blame Him for all the tragedies in the world -- which are from sin? If people kept His Word, then many of these calamities would not exist.

Old 09-17-2010, 01:57 PM

4,883 posts, read 6,212,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
This has nothing to do with the case that you mentioned. But generally speaking about your post, people have rejected the true and living God, so why blame Him for all the tragedies in the world -- which are from sin? If people kept His Word, then many of these calamities would not exist.
So....you posit that if everyone stopped sinning, there would be no tragedy in the world???? Okee Dokee.

Old 09-18-2010, 06:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
I don't blame him it just boggles my mind..I see people get whatever they want in life-..and then I see people who go through one struggle after another-who don't catch a break..

Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 AM

6,777 posts, read 13,553,309 times
Maybe read Job?

Old 09-18-2010, 07:28 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dnvrsoul View Post

Why does God allow the unspeakable to happen to people...I guess I always wonder this-I just watched the news about what happened to the CT family-

So...I want to ask
God has laws that govern His universe. He gave us all free will and because of that free will, sometimes the innocent get hurt and the guilty get further ahead.

What a man sows, so shall he reap. Even if things seem to go against Gods laws, they work all the time and no one will be left "unpunished". The best thing we can do is make sure our own future is secure and leave others to theirs.

I also believe that we attract whatever is in our hearts. Some people seem good on the outside yet at a soul level, they may carry some burdens that don't show to those around. Our thoughts can and do attract things in our lives that seem negative. We don't know what's in anothers heart so we shouldn't say one is good or one is bad just because we see only the outside of a person.

Old 09-18-2010, 07:32 AM

1,059 posts, read 2,695,288 times
This has nothing to do with the CT thing.

here is something that was brought to my attention... it was said that He is God in the Valley as He is God on the Mountaintop. When we are on the Mountaintop, we think we're fine, people dont lean on Him as much. When we are in the Valley is when we lean on Him. I believe we are given trials and tribulations to teach us to lean on Him in all circumstances and not just when we are low in our lives.

Old 09-18-2010, 11:02 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,926,415 times
Godly people suffer too, missionaries give their lives,literally. Muslams feel perfectly at ease taking the lives of Christians, it is a part of their writings.
The sad fact is people choose to ignore God untill things get really bad,and there is no where else to turn. This is not God's fault. Jesus said the way is narrow, few there be that find it .
I work in manufacturing , on a production line. my responsibility is at the very beginning of the line, and I realize that only a fraction of the parts I make will end up af finished product.
Now I hope for the best for every single part I put out , but humans are not prone to pefection and machinery does break down in use. so my 500 to a thousand parts , may only turn into 300 or less, that's just the way it is .
Man flawed himself, "Adam" and we suffer the conciquences of His failure, not God's fault.
God knows that only a fraction of humanity is retreveable. Jesus gave the parble of a man thowing a net into the sea and drawing it out picked out the stuff he valued and threw away the stuff undesirable.
While some people simply give up trying , prefiring to stay with what every one else is doing , only a few actually honestly create the deep desire to know God personally, those are the ones He is interested in. Most have a potential of becomming something worth greater interest , but those that are simply there to abuse an oppurtunity ,may never actually see a relationship with God at all.
If you think it is not fair, would you rather have what you actually deserve, and no chance at all of having God's approval?

Old 09-19-2010, 08:33 AM

Thank you-
I know I do the same thing...not lean on God until things are bad and yes I'm ashamed of it. I need to start getting to know God and have some faith-I feel like I don't have much right now..I am a good person that does sin and I need to fully give my heart to God-thank you for your insight.

Old 09-19-2010, 11:14 AM

1,767 posts, read 2,348,731 times

God's Justice is not man's justice.

There is Divine Justice in God's universe.

Although we may not see or understand it.

I'll give you an example:

Ancient Israel [Judah] sinned by not obeying God's Laws.

As punishment God allowed Babylon to conquer Jerusalem
and the people go into Babylonian captivity for 70 years.

Some of the people did not want to go into Babylonian captivity,
so they tried to avoid their punishment by escaping into Egypt.
So... God allowed Babylon to also conquer Egypt.

God works in mysterious ways.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity