Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2009, 10:13 PM

5 posts, read 9,611 times

Advertisements

HI everyone, would just like to introduce myself for i am new to the forum as of today. I would say that i am a christian but not a full christian... i'm not sure myself, i pray daily, do research about God from time to time, i believe in god, and am reading "The purpose driven" by Rick Warren; in hopes to learn more <-- just a little background on myself.

i came to this forum to learn more about Christianity along with lots of questions.

i have many unanswered questions but one of my top question is; and i'm sure you've all had debates about this is

IS Masturbation a sin? WAIT!!!......

i have looked around the forum, and have noticed a thread about this, and it goes on and on for about 10+ pages. many people replied with many different views, but my question is more specific than just Is masturbation a sin. so my real question is... Masturbation is a sin if you think of another women that is not your wife. how about if you masturbate thinking of only your spouse/wife/soon to be wife? is that still considered a sin?

Also i'm not 100% sure what Lust means, but is it when you place something above god? when you desire for something more than god?

Thanks for your replies in advance!=)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 01:24 AM

309 posts, read 512,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sn00py View Post
HI everyone, would just like to introduce myself for i am new to the forum as of today. I would say that i am a christian but not a full christian... i'm not sure myself, i pray daily, do research about God from time to time, i believe in god, and am reading "The purpose driven" by Rick Warren; in hopes to learn more <-- just a little background on myself.

i came to this forum to learn more about Christianity along with lots of questions.

i have many unanswered questions but one of my top question is; and i'm sure you've all had debates about this is

IS Masturbation a sin? WAIT!!!......

i have looked around the forum, and have noticed a thread about this, and it goes on and on for about 10+ pages. many people replied with many different views, but my question is more specific than just Is masturbation a sin. so my real question is... Masturbation is a sin if you think of another women that is not your wife. how about if you masturbate thinking of only your spouse/wife/soon to be wife? is that still considered a sin?

Also i'm not 100% sure what Lust means, but is it when you place something above god? when you desire for something more than god?

Thanks for your replies in advance!=)
Welcome to the boards I am a new one here also hope you find something on this board that will bring you all the way to Christianity. Let me just say this Satan also believes in God so my advice as a Brother in Christ is for you to become a fully devoted Christian. To me lust is when you think worldly thoughts about someone or something. When you let things overcome you other than the Holy Spirit. Prime example is when you see a girl walking down the street and have impure thoughts about her that is lust. Lust is just not a sexual thing it can be about money or other things that lets you put God second. This is what lusting means to me.

Old 01-26-2009, 07:37 AM

8,989 posts, read 14,566,328 times
Welcome!

Masturbation is not a sin in of itself but the bible is very clear that if we lust for someone other than our spouse then we are committing adultery therefore a sin. If you can masturbate without lusting for someone other than your spouse then you are home free. If you masturbate about your soon to be spouse could be considered a sin; if you masturbate about your spouse doing something he or she would never do with you could also be considered a sin; if you are married and masturbate over a thought of an intimate time that you and your spouse were not married could also be considered a sin. The beauty of marriage is that you can lust after your spouse anytime you want.

Last edited by Fundamentalist; 01-26-2009 at 07:54 AM..

Old 01-27-2009, 03:34 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
If you want honest answers, then I must ask honest questions. How does it feel when you do it? Does it makes you feel "dirty"? Or it does'nt bother you at all? Do you feel guilty afterwards? How "full" of a christian are you? Did you talk to your heavenly Father first, before seeking the advice of others? How honest are you willing to get?

I'm sorry................WELCOME TO C.D.

Betsey
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity