Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-13-2010, 09:54 PM

15 posts, read 19,975 times

Advertisements

Huh, someone deleted my previous post. Perhaps its a bit unsettling for those of such strong faith? Maybe you are the blind ones; I find it rather hypocritical when a 'believer' calls me blind. I thought my post was at least vaguely relevant to the topic.
Religious types... *sigh*

Old 11-13-2010, 09:55 PM

4,309 posts, read 6,440,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Ah Betsey, we'll have to agree to disagree on this one. The OT in my opinion is nothing we need to refer to as far as legalism. Jesus took care of that. You should follow your heart, it's where Jesus lives!! He's in my heart, is He in yours?
In your opinion.......means nothing to God sister. His words are law, a law unto life! You don't hold the power to nullify it at will, be careful my friend, you're treading on dangerous grounds. Stay focus.

With love

Old 11-13-2010, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
Betsey does not hate . . . she has been indoctrinated with a false belief about the nature of God obtained by retaining the ignorant interpretations of the OT produced by our primitive ancestors. I know she is ignoring what is in her heart because she believes she has to blindly accept what our ignorant ancestors believed about God as a sign of her faith. It is tragic and ubiquitous among the mainstream religions. It makes your atheism seem reasonable . . . if God actually were as they believe Him to be.
I love you too MysticPhd.

Old 11-13-2010, 09:58 PM

6,034 posts, read 10,682,607 times
Quote:
Betsey does not hate . . . she has been indoctrinated with a false belief about the nature of God obtained by retaining the ignorant interpretations of the OT produced by our primitive ancestors. I know she is ignoring what is in her heart because she believes she has to blindly accept what our ignorant ancestors believed about God as a sign of her faith. It is tragic and ubiquitous among the mainstream religions. It makes your atheism seem reasonable . . . if God actually were as they believe Him to be.
Of course it's hatred, it's just candy-coated to be deceptive. I just can't get past how very much it resembles those from the so-called "religion of peace". Such relentless, blind hatred.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:02 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Betsey Lane View Post
In your opinion.......means nothing to God sister. His words are law, a law unto life! You don't hold the power to nullify it at will, be careful my friend, you're treading on dangerous grounds. Stay focus.

With love
I am focused, more so than I've ever been. How about you? I don't hold the power to nullify anything but Jesus Christ does.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 PM

63,809 posts, read 40,087,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I am focused, more so than I've ever been. How about you? I don't hold the power to nullify anything but Jesus Christ does.
And He did on more than one occasion . . . "You have been told that it has been said (OT) . . . But I say to you . . ."

Old 11-13-2010, 10:12 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Quote:
And He did on more than one occasion . . . "You have been told that it has been said (OT) . . . But I say to you . . ."
Amen brotha!!

Old 11-13-2010, 10:18 PM

8,182 posts, read 9,212,194 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by glacier1 View Post
Huh, someone deleted my previous post. Perhaps its a bit unsettling for those of such strong faith? Maybe you are the blind ones; I find it rather hypocritical when a 'believer' calls me blind. I thought my post was at least vaguely relevant to the topic.
Religious types... *sigh*
Only moderators can delete and they usually only do if you are putting others down. If I remember right one mod is not a Christian so your put down is unmerited. Try not lumping us all in one mold and you may do ok.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mercury Cougar View Post
Of course it's hatred, it's just candy-coated to be deceptive. I just can't get past how very much it resembles those from the so-called "religion of peace". Such relentless, blind hatred.
I merely presented what the BIBLE SAYS! Your argument, it's not with me:

If the world hate you, ye know that it hated me before [it hated] you.

If ye were of the world, the world would love his own: but because ye are not of the world, but I have chosen you out of the world, therefore the world hateth you.

Remember the word that I said unto you, The servant is not greater than his lord. If they have persecuted me, they will also persecute you; if they have kept my saying, they will keep yours also.

But all these things will they do unto you for my name's sake, because they know not him that sent me.

If I had not come and spoken unto them, they had not had sin: but now they have no cloke for their sin.

He that hateth me hateth my Father also.

If I had not done among them the works which none other man did, they had not had sin: but now have they both seen and hated both me and my Father.

But [this cometh to pass], that the word might be fulfilled that is written in
their law, They hated me without a cause. (John 15: 18-25)

Love you, goodnight.

Old 11-13-2010, 10:27 PM

1,289 posts, read 2,126,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
If you ask what Bible says about a give topic, and if your question is answered, then how is that judgment? It is not.

Jesus did not preach against anyone, he preached against sin, and sexual immorality is a sin. Period.
And therefore anyone who divorces, or who masturbates, or who has any sort of feelings for someone not their husband or wife is equally guilty.

Therefore you need to impose the same punishment.

Jesus is waiting.

Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity