Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Does God love his enemies?
Yes ... 26 83.87%
NO! 5 16.13%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-28-2010, 01:54 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,760,317 times

Advertisements

Simple question ... Yes or no.

Do you believe that God loves his enemies?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-28-2010, 02:56 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,621,806 times
Are you asking if God loves Satan?

Let me ask you this: do you love Satan?

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 11-28-2010 at 03:32 PM..

Old 11-28-2010, 03:00 PM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Yes.
Further, His enemies will be utterly destroyed by His love.
Love conquers ALL.

When your enemies become your friends, your enemies have been destroyed.

peace,
sparrow

Old 11-28-2010, 03:16 PM

7,725 posts, read 12,620,471 times
I don't think God does. I believe Jesus does. But I don't think God does because he is more strict and has a zero-tolerance for folk who rise up against him. That means Satan and all who follow him. I mean, he created the universe and earth and everything in it. He wouldn't hesitate to destroy them again as he did with the flood. And I agree. I share the same sentiments. But because he sent his son Jesus to die on the cross for our sins, Jesus has alot of compassion for everyone from everyone and he loves each and every single sinner. All kinds of sinners. He even loves the folk in Hell. But he hates the sin. But he knows he cannot do anything for the people in Hell because they chose to be there. So that's that. We all have choices in this life. Choose Jesus and you would never suffer the consequences.

I mean, I guess, you can say God loves his enemies as in the rebellious humans that try to curse him and blaspheme his name. He gives us time to live on Earth to come to repentance so we do not perish in Hell. That's the biggest amount of love I could ever think of!! But he has ZERO amount of love or tolerance for anything Satan. And that's just how it is. There's no getting around it. You need to know Satan is our mortal enemy and we are to not trust anything he says or puts up against us. He is in the pits of hell and wants others to go with him.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:24 PM

8,174 posts, read 6,924,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by allenk893 View Post
He gives us time to live on Earth to come to repentance so we do not perish in Hell. That's the biggest amount of love I could ever think of!!
Set your sights higher, brother.
Peace to you,
sparrow

Old 11-28-2010, 03:28 PM

9,689 posts, read 10,015,913 times
Yes God loves his enemies, but he gives them the option to love him first and he will help them love him supernaturally... God has to anoint his Children to love and have faith in him...... So the question is do God`s Enemies love God?...... Would you help someone who rejects you , or would you marry a spouse who is your enemy..... See God help people who is his enemies in way that they would not like but God give good gifts and a good way, not in a bad way....... but this help would have to be asked by his Anointed Child of God. for God does not move in the earth without his children prayer with faith or a stand in faith

Old 11-28-2010, 03:45 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Are you asking if God loves Satan?
Absolutely not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Let me ask you this: do you love Satan?
Absolutely not.

Old 11-28-2010, 03:49 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,943,926 times
Unless they have blasphemed His Holy Spirit, then God loves the sinners of this world, not their sins. Likewise, we love their souls too, but we obviously don't like their ways.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:14 PM

175 posts, read 174,730 times
hljc:
Quote:
Yes God loves his enemies, but he gives them the option to love him first
That goes against the scripture huh??

1Jo 4:19 -We love him, because he first loved us.

Old 11-28-2010, 04:18 PM

21,192 posts, read 25,165,372 times
Yeah - I know, I don't really believe in God. But here's my thinking on the subject. I try to "love my enemies." I'm not saying I succeed - but I do try. Forgiving people is hard to do. "Loving" people who have hurt me is really hard for me. But I try. I try because living with the hate and resentment hurts nobody but me. And it does hurt me. Now, if I try my best to do this - and succeed more often than I fail - then I would hope that God would be able to do this far better than I can. And truth be told - I don't really "hate" anyone. I mean, sure, there are people that I can't stand - but I don't hate them. And I do try to be more tolerant because - like I said, all those negative feelings only hurt me and get in the way of my emotional well being. I'm not perfect - but I do try!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity