Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2011, 07:32 PM

63,815 posts, read 40,099,995 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
You assume they were ignorant to justify your rejection.
No . . . I know the descriptions are EVIL and reject them . . . I attribute it to their ignorance.
Quote:
Careful my friend, Jeremiah 17:9 "The heart is more deceitful than anything else and desperately sick- who can understand it?"
You have bought into and accepted the ancient ignorance of human psychology embodied in the written descriptions of the average emotional savage from 4000- 2000 years ago. Accusing the average 21st century human of that savagery and barbarity is ludicrous. It takes a hard heart and strong rationalization to accept those descriptions of violence and savagery attributed to God as Good . . . just because it is supposed to be God. I am astounded at such blind ignorance.
Quote:
We use all these things to come to the truth and must not reject any unless they contradict the rest. The Bible is merely our measuring stick for understanding the rest.
The only things that DO contradict the truth of God as UNAMBIGUOUSLY revealed by Jesus Christ . . . are our ancestors' primitive ignorant OT beliefs and superstitions about God. Any sincere query of what God has "written in our hearts" . . .what the Holy Spirit prompts us to accept deep within . . . and the entire example of Jesus Christ . . . CONTRADICTS those evil descriptions, period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2011, 07:41 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,836,603 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
No . . . I know the descriptions are EVIL and reject them . . . I attribute it to their ignorance. You have bought into and accepted the ancient ignorance of human psychology embodied in the written descriptions of the average emotional savage from 4000- 2000 years ago. Accusing the average 21st century human of that savagery and barbarity is ludicrous. It takes a hard heart and strong rationalization to accept those descriptions of violence and savagery attributed to God as Good . . . just because it is supposed to be God. I am astounded at such blind ignorance. The only things that DO contradict the truth of God as UNAMBIGUOUSLY revealed by Jesus Christ . . . are our ancestors' primitive ignorant OT beliefs and superstitions about God. Any sincere query of what God has "written in our hearts" . . .what the Holy Spirit prompts us to accept deep within . . . and the entire example of Jesus Christ . . . CONTRADICTS those evil descriptions, period.
I thought we were supposed to have a legitamit discussion of the words of Christ? You are definitely not bearing good fruit. Just because you cannot understand God doesnt mean the descriptions are evil, ignorant,superstitious, or savage, it just means your not there yet on your walk.

I have been there as well, I hated the OT and everything written by Paul until God opened my eyes and my heart.

Old 01-14-2011, 08:33 PM

Mystic you suggested this thread and now you want out without even trying Read the words of Christ with an open heart and mind then maybe you will see what I see, but we will never know if we dont try.

Old 01-14-2011, 09:16 PM

Quote:
I thought we were supposed to have a legitamit discussion of the words of Christ? You are definitely not bearing good fruit. Just because you cannot understand God doesnt mean the descriptions are evil, ignorant,superstitious, or savage, it just means your not there yet on your walk.

I have been there as well, I hated the OT and everything written by Paul until God opened my eyes and my heart.
Quote:
Mystic you suggested this thread and now you want out without even trying Read the words of Christ with an open heart and mind then maybe you will see what I see, but we will never know if we dont try.
My dear brother Robin . . . I would search my heart and ask the Holy Spirit to aid you in deciding if you truly believe those OT things attributed to God are not evil. The whole point of spiritual maturity is to develop our own independent ability to identify evil when we see it. The scriptures are for our instruction. They contain things we can apply our own evaluations to and test them with what God has "written in our hearts." Don't automatically defend everything "written in ink" in knee jerk fashion using the "precepts and doctrines of men" about inerrancy and word of God. You have the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ available. He abides with us and His Holy Spirit will not abandon you. But you must test it SINCERELY in your heart . . . no rationalizations or rote defense of inerrancy, etc..

If there isn't even a twinge that what's there is evil . . . I would be very concerned, Robin. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind about it. Those ignorant superstitious descriptions have nothing to do with God and they certainly do not match the joy, love and acceptance I experienced as the nature of God. It eradicated my atheism instantly.

Old 01-15-2011, 05:06 PM

Quote:
My dear brother Robin . . . I would search my heart and ask the Holy Spirit to aid you in deciding if you truly believe those OT things attributed to God are not evil. The whole point of spiritual maturity is to develop our own independent ability to identify evil when we see it. The scriptures are for our instruction. They contain things we can apply our own evaluations to and test them with what God has "written in our hearts." Don't automatically defend everything "written in ink" in knee jerk fashion using the "precepts and doctrines of men" about inerrancy and word of God. You have the LIVING Word of God Jesus Christ available. He abides with us and His Holy Spirit will not abandon you. But you must test it SINCERELY in your heart . . . no rationalizations or rote defense of inerrancy, etc..

If there isn't even a twinge that what's there is evil . . . I would be very concerned, Robin. There isn't the slightest doubt in my mind about it. Those ignorant superstitious descriptions have nothing to do with God and they certainly do not match the joy, love and acceptance I experienced as the nature of God. It eradicated my atheism instantly.
This is where you are assuming again. I already told you that I started in my faith not believing the OT and Paul but the Lord showed me otherwise, not men or doctrines. I thought the entire OT was nothing more than fables, but the Lord showed me otherwise. At one time I would only read the NT minus the works of Paul and then the Lord challenged me to read the entire works of Paul and I did so with prejudice and He told me to do so again without preconceaved hatred so I did and He guided me thru explaining word for word. So I accepted the works of Paul and then He told me to do the same with the OT, this took several tries as I struggled with Job and Neamiah and Numbers bored me to death but as I said once I did so in the right mind set He explained word for word. Now this doesnt mean I am an expert word for word but that He assured me of the validity of every word and verified it within my heart and that is why I defend the Word of God. I really wish He would allow me to share what He has revealed to me but He blots it out of my mind when I try to overstep. He allows me on occasion to share theories which are facts for me. The OT is full of stories within stories and all real and factual, and what you call ignorant supertious primative is actually your lack of imagination and not facts. You must become as a child in your understanding and feed on milk and remain as a child even when you consume the meat or your knowledge will come without wisdom and you will reject the Lord while claiming to serve Him. Many will say Lord Lord I have done many good works in you name, and He will reply "I knew you not".

Old 01-16-2011, 06:30 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Red Words of Jesus is the OP ...in Matthew 4:4 it is written Man should live on bread alone, but every word that Proceeds out of the mouth of God``... This scripture is written in Deuteronomy 8:3 by Moses or some one inspired by the Lord ideas but not directly by God prophetic............In Matthew 4:7 ..``It is wittten again Thou shalt not temp the Lord your God ``... also written in Exodus 17:7, and Deutoronomy 6:16,,,, when the thirsty people in the wilderness tempted the Lord by saying..``Is there a God among us or not?..... the devil with Jesus had Jesus stand on the temple roof and said jump, the angels will catch you if you are the son of God.....In Matthew 4:10 Get you hence satan for it is written You shall Worship the Lord your God , and him only shall thou serve``...... written in Deuteronomy 6: 13 ..``you shall fear the Lord your God and serve him, and shall swear by his name``..........In Old Testament Israel Worship the Lord only at the burn offering that they had for the point of contact with the Lord ..... Here in Matthew 4:10 the devil temps Jesus with all the kingdoms of World who the devil had control over and this reward was useless to Jesus... The question is ; would you want the devils kingdom? or the Lord Jesus kingdom......Your answer should be clear here......

Old 01-16-2011, 07:06 AM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ancient warrior View Post
RESPONSE:
Sorry to rain on yur parade, by King Herod the Great died in 4 BC, not 9 AD.
"
The chronology of the birth of Jesus has alway being a question of some ten years because the calenders were not keep like they are today .I found 9 A.D. in 1890 Deacon charts, but some say Harold died in 4 B.C. or 1 B.C.......... but the ecilpse of Harold say it was 9, or 8, or 1 B.C..... who knows but the Lord God but if you think about this new year could be 2019 A.D instead of 2011

Old 01-18-2011, 09:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
The chronology of the birth of Jesus has alway being a question of some ten years because the calenders were not keep like they are today .I found 9 A.D. in 1890 Deacon charts, but some say Harold died in 4 B.C. or 1 B.C.......... but the ecilpse of Harold say it was 9, or 8, or 1 B.C..... who knows but the Lord God but if you think about this new year could be 2019 A.D instead of 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Red Words of Jesus is the OP ...in Matthew 4:4 it is written Man should live on bread alone, but every word that Proceeds out of the mouth of God``... This scripture is written in Deuteronomy 8:3 by Moses or some one inspired by the Lord ideas but not directly by God prophetic............In Matthew 4:7 ..``It is wittten again Thou shalt not temp the Lord your God ``... also written in Exodus 17:7, and Deutoronomy 6:16,,,, when the thirsty people in the wilderness tempted the Lord by saying..``Is there a God among us or not?..... the devil with Jesus had Jesus stand on the temple roof and said jump, the angels will catch you if you are the son of God.....In Matthew 4:10 Get you hence satan for it is written You shall Worship the Lord your God , and him only shall thou serve``...... written in Deuteronomy 6: 13 ..``you shall fear the Lord your God and serve him, and shall swear by his name``..........In Old Testament Israel Worship the Lord only at the burn offering that they had for the point of contact with the Lord ..... Here in Matthew 4:10 the devil temps Jesus with all the kingdoms of World who the devil had control over and this reward was useless to Jesus... The question is ; would you want the devils kingdom? or the Lord Jesus kingdom......Your answer should be clear here......
I believe you just might see what I see, Jesus quoted the OT repeatedly and even went so far as to clarify what men misunderstood. Many reject the Bible because they cannot see these things and only see worldly things.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:37 AM

Quote:
You have dismissed my views entirely, dug your heels in with the completely ridiculous literalist inrerrant infallible word of God nonsense about the scriptures . . . which are ONLY USEFUL (profitable) for instruction. Instead of using them as lessons and information to exercise our God-given reason and maturing spiritual understanding on . . . you want to rote follow and blindly believe the ignorant and absurd descriptions and understandings of our primitive ancestors, period. I don't see the point, Robin.

Old 01-20-2011, 11:44 AM

Quote:
You have dismissed my views entirely, dug your heels in with the completely ridiculous literalist inrerrant infallible word of God nonsense about the scriptures . . . which are ONLY USEFUL (profitable) for instruction. Instead of using them as lessons and information to exercise our God-given reason and maturing spiritual understanding on . . . you want to rote follow and blindly believe the ignorant and absurd descriptions and understandings of our primitive ancestors, period. I don't see the point, Robin.
Humour me my freind and I promise you will see the point.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity