Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2011, 03:39 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,762,455 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Only those who die IN Christ will see their salvation...this is what God's entire Word says to me meerkat...

God Bless you.
No where in the scriptures does it say that "only those who die in Christ will see their salvation".

You are adding to the scriptures ... And you are adding something that is in fact contrary to the scriptures.

That is to say that the scriptures actually teach contrary to what you are teaching, when it is written ...

Luke 4:18
and all flesh shall see the salvation of God.'
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2011, 04:07 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
It is a little short on scripture from Jesus Christ were in Revelations 20: 10-15 .... Jesus revelation to Apostle John said the devil and the false prophet were caste into the lake of fire ...Then the great judgement of Lord Jesus were all the dead small and great would stand before God and the books were opened which is the book of life and the dead were judge out of thoses things written in the books according to their works ..... the sea gave up the dead which were in and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged in them and they were judged every man according to their works .... This is the second death........... The bible does not say they the wicked would receive the resurrection and these claim are not biblical ........

Old 01-27-2011, 04:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
It is a little short on scripture from Jesus Christ were in Revelations 20: 10-15 .... Jesus revelation to Apostle John said the devil and the false prophet were caste into the lake of fire ...Then the great judgement of Lord Jesus were all the dead small and great would stand before God and the books were opened which is the book of life and the dead were judge out of thoses things written in the books according to their works ..... the sea gave up the dead which were in and death and hell delivered up the dead which were in them and they were judged in them and they were judged every man according to their works .... This is the second death........... The bible does not say they the wicked would receive the resurrection and these claim are not biblical ........
The bible does in fact say that there will be a resurrection of the wicked ...

Acts 24:15
and I have the same hope in God as these men, that there will be a resurrection of both the righteous and the wicked.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:40 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat2 View Post
Maybe it is has to be with what resurrection is

from Coirinthians
1Co 15:36 Thou fool, that which thou sowest is not quickened, except it die:
1Co 15:37 And that which thou sowest, thou sowest not that body that shall be, but bare grain, it may chance of wheat, or of some other grain:
1Co 15:38 But God giveth it a body as it hath pleased him, and to every seed his own body.
1Co 15:42 So also is the resurrection of the dead. It is sown in corruption; it is raised in incorruption:
1Co 15:43 It is sown in dishonour; it is raised in glory: it is sown in weakness; it is raised in power:
1Co 15:44 It is sown a natural body; it is raised a spiritual body. There is a natural body, and there is a spiritual body.
1Co 15:45 And so it is written, The first man Adam was made a living soul; the last Adam was made a quickening spirit.
1Co 15:46 Howbeit that was not first which is spiritual, but that which is natural; and afterward that which is spiritual.
1Co 15:47 The first man is of the earth, earthy: the second man is the Lord from heaven.
1Co 15:48 As is the earthy, such are they also that are earthy: and as is the heavenly, such are they also that are heavenly.
1Co 15:49 And as we have borne the image of the earthy, we shall also bear the image of the heavenly.
meerkat, What you must understand when reading Scripture is to whom is the writer of the Book in which you are reading speaking to...?...willfull sinners who do not know God...? No. To willfull sinners who do not live for God...? No. To anyone other than the Church of Jesus Christ...? No. To anyone who does not glorify and honor God in their words and deeds...? No. Paul is specifically speaking to "brothers" and "sisters" in Christ Jesus...those who keep the Commandments of God...so...anything spoken of by Paul (or any other apostle for that matter), through the Holy Spirit of Christ, is spoken to the beloved of God...they! are the one's who will die corruptable and God will raise incorruptable...those are who will awake in a natural body...to be changed to a spiritual body...those are who will die mortal...to be raised by God immortal...and none other--->...ESPECIALLY! NOT! the wicked who died in their wickedness.

Read this and learn who it is Paul is speaking to by the Holy Spirit of Christ Jesus:

"...To the church of God which is at Corinth, to those who have been sanctified in Christ Jesus, saints by calling, with ->all<- who in every place call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ, their Lord and ours:..." 1 Corinthians 1:2.

All those passages that you bolded above in your post, are spoken to the beloved of God...His saints by calling...the sanctified...those who keep His commandments...and only them.

Only those who die IN Christ will see their salvation.

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I just have a question, in which order of resurrection will I be in your opinion Verna?
Ask yourself these questions Ilene...1. Do I keep the Ten Commandments of God? 2. Do I preach a false gospel by teaching others that all will be saved eventually, when that message goes against everything taught to me through Scripture? 3. Do I willfully and knowingly comitt sin...by transgressing the Commandments of God? 4. What does the Word of God say about such a person?

So...in your own estimation...in what order of the resurrection do you see yourself in...?

Verna.

Old 01-27-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Ask yourself these questions Ilene...1. Do I keep the Ten Commandments of God? 2. Do I preach a false gospel by teaching others that all will be saved eventually, when that message goes against everything taught to me through Scripture? 3. Do I willfully and knowingly comitt sin...by transgressing the Commandments of God? 4. What does the Word of God say about such a person?

So...in your own estimation...in what order of the resurrection do you see yourself in...?

Verna.
So you are saying then that you believe that everyone who believes and teaches universal salvation will not be resurrected unto salvation when the lord returns?

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 01-27-2011 at 05:13 PM..

Old 01-27-2011, 04:56 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:

Verna.

I don't believe salvation hinges on what you do Verna, so answer the question. You know what I believe, so where do YOU think I stand in the resurrection?

Old 01-27-2011, 04:57 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,624,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So you are saying then that you believe that everyones who believes and teaches universal salvation will not be resurrected unto salvation when the lord returns?
Yep, I do believe that will be the answer. If we can get a straight one.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
So you are saying then that you believe that everyones who believes and teaches universal salvation will not be resurrected unto salvation when the lord returns?
"But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them--bringing swift destruction on themselves." 2 Peter 2:1.

"These false teachers are like unthinking animals, creatures of instinct, born to be caught and destroyed. They scoff at things they do not understand, and like animals, they will be destroyed." 2 Peter 2:12.

"These are all destined to perish with use, because they are based on human commands and teachings." Colossians 2:22.

"Yet these men speak abusively against whatever they do not understand; and what things they do understand by instinct, like unreasoning animals--these are the very things that destroy them." Jude 1:10.

Verna.

Old 01-27-2011, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
I don't believe salvation hinges on what you do Verna, so answer the question. You know what I believe, so where do YOU think I stand in the resurrection?
I don't believe everyone that lives and breaths in this life will see their salvation like you do Ilene. You know what I believe too...so look inside yourself, and ask yourself where you think you will be in that order of things to come...and do whatever you think you need to do to be second in that order.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity