Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-21-2011, 07:48 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times

Advertisements

Who Am I in Christ?

I am the righteousness of God in Christ.2 Corinthians 5:21God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God

I am enslaved to God.Romans 6:22But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life

I am a child of God; God is spiritually my Father.Romans 8:14,15because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba, Father.Galatians 3:26[You are all sons of God through faith in Christ JesusJohn 1:12Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God.

I am a new creation in Christ; old things have passed away and all things have become new.2 Corinthians 5:17Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!

I am in Christ.Galatians 3:26,28You are all sons of God through faith in Christ Jesus, for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. There is neither Jew nor Greek, slave nor free, male nor female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus.

I am an heir with the Father and a joint heir with Christ.Galatians 4:6.7[Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba, " So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir.Romans 8:17Now if we are children, then we are heirs heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.

I am reconciled to God and am an ambassador of reconciliation for Him.2 Corinthians 5:18-19
All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation.

I am a saint.Ephesians 1:1
Paul, an apostle of Christ Jesus by the will of God, to the saints in Ephesus, the faithful in Christ Jesus:
1 Corinthians 1:2to the church of God in Corinth, to those sanctified in Christ Jesus and called to be holy, together with all those everywhere who call on the name of our Lord Jesus Christ their Lord and ours:
Philippians 1:1Paul and Timothy, servants of Christ Jesus, to all the saints in Christ Jesus at Philippi, together with the overseers and deacons:

I am God's workmanship, created in Christ for good works.Ephesians 2:10
For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do.

I am a citizen of heaven.Ephesians 2:19
Consequently, you are no longer foreigners and aliens, but fellow citizens with God's people and members of God's household
Philippians 3:20But our citizenship is in heaven. And we eagerly await a Savior from there, the Lord Jesus Christ

I am a member of Christ's body.1 Corinthians 12:27Now you are the body of Christ, and each one of you is a part of it.

I am united to the Lord and am one spirit with Him.1 Corinthians 6:17But he who unites himself with the Lord is one with him in spirit

I am the temple of the Holy Spirit.
1 Corinthians 3:16Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?1 Corinthians6:19Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God? You are not your own.

I am a friend of Christ.John 15:15no longer call you servants, because a servant does not know his master's business. Instead, I have called you friends, for everything that I learned from my Father I have made known to you.

I am a slave of righteousness.Romans 6:18God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.

I am chosen and ordained by Christ to bear fruit.John 15:16You did choose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit fruit that will last. Then the Father will give you whatever you ask in my name.

I am a prisoner of Christ.Ephesians 3:1For this reason I, Paul, the prisoner of Christ Jesus for the sake of you Gentiles
Ephesians 4:1As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received

.I am righteous and holy.Ephesians 4:24and to put on the new self, created to be like God in true righteousness and holiness.

I am hidden with Christ in God.Colossians 3:3For you died, and your life is now hidden with Christ in God.

Who I Am In Christ? - Bible Verses & Scripture Quotes

Finally, brothers and sisters, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable—if anything is excellent or praiseworthy—think about such things

Last edited by pcamps; 02-21-2011 at 07:57 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-21-2011, 08:02 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,014,610 times
Most of the battle is in the mind. And of course we are to renew our minds and grow in grace through the knowledge of Christ, something hard to do if you never get beyond the first elemental things of faith and repentance from sin. There seems to be a great resistance in man to growing up spiritually.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:36 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
Most of the battle is in the mind. And of course we are to renew our minds and grow in grace through the knowledge of Christ, something hard to do if you never get beyond the first elemental things of faith and repentance from sin. There seems to be a great resistance in man to growing up spiritually.
Absolutely! "Abiding" or "walking in the spirit" can be likened to living in a parallel universe - denying what our carnal mind tells us about our hardship (frustration, trial, etc.) and looking to His life within us and praising Him in the fire.

This produces patience and allows us to see His life come forth in us.

Old 02-21-2011, 08:41 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,273,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
You are absolutely right Heartsong. The battleground is not outside of us but within us. As a man thinks in his heart so is he(We are what we believe). The resistance is the natural mind(faith in the 5 senses) the spiritual mind by faith believes from the state of being God declares we are.God called Abraham a Father of many nations, in doing so he called the things that are not as though they were,Abraham saw himself "the Father of many nations" and believed from there.

Old 02-21-2011, 10:07 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,173,178 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
...Abraham saw himself "the Father of many nations" and believed from there.
And it was counted unto him for righteousness. (Rom 4:3)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity