Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 04:32 PM

3,570 posts, read 8,720,720 times

Advertisements

You've heard of sin, you've more than likely sinned in your life and you'll continue to sin 'til you die. Here in the forum we talk about all types of sin and what we believe to be sin and to not be sin.

What comes to mind when you think about the most disgusting image of sin? I thought about this concept this morning in Easter service and something that makes my skin crawl and the anger burn deep within me is when children are abused sexually, physically and emotionally.

So I ask myself, "how does God view sin?" I'm wondering if he views all sin similarly to the most horrid sin any of us can imagine.

However, the key is that He sees "all" sin the same way. We live in such a sin-laden world that we don't even realize how awful it is anymore. We've become desensitized, we're living in the filth and wallowing in it, unaware.

So is a lie just a lie? Or does God view it the same way as I mentioned above? If we're living in such a sinful and fallen world how do we even begin to live in holy and righteous life before God?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 04:39 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
No, this year I'm a pagan. That means I shall repent when the time comes to worry. Pagans also tend to be innocent by-standers.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:42 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,945,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoosier View Post
You've heard of sin, you've more than likely sinned in your life and you'll continue to sin 'til you die. Here in the forum we talk about all types of sin and what we believe to be sin and to not be sin.

What comes to mind when you think about the most disgusting image of sin? I thought about this concept this morning in Easter service and something that makes my skin crawl and the anger burn deep within me is when children are abused sexually, physically and emotionally.

So I ask myself, "how does God view sin?" I'm wondering if he views all sin similarly to the most horrid sin any of us can imagine.

However, the key is that He sees "all" sin the same way. We live in such a sin-laden world that we don't even realize how awful it is anymore. We've become desensitized, we're living in the filth and wallowing in it, unaware.

So is a lie just a lie? Or does God view it the same way as I mentioned above? If we're living in such a sinful and fallen world how do we even begin to live in holy and righteous life before God?
In response to the highlighted statement, you will not be going to Heaven if you keep on sinning until death; one willful sin in your heart at the time of death will shut you out of God's Heaven; otherwise, all of Heaven would be contaminated. God would have to apologize to satan, his angels, Adam and Eve if He allowed a sinner into Heaven. Only the Saints are allowed in. Jesus died to deliver us from sin to make us Saints, not patched up sinners.

Old 04-12-2009, 04:42 PM

7,525 posts, read 16,985,416 times
Quote:
Are you a sinner?
Hell yes..........

About the rest, 99.999% clean is 100% unclean........unclean will not get you to God........that is why salvation is a gift from Jesus....HE paid the price of your sin, making YOUR sin washed away.......

Old 04-12-2009, 04:53 PM

2,332 posts, read 2,840,083 times
Personally, I had an interesting meditation about the soldier who took down the body of Jesus Christ and could not have the feeling for fears mystified to break any bone on his body. As the gospel goes he blead the body by impailing a sword to the last drop and that only water is flowing out.

I think of it like he was looking for the origin of all sins in the World. The original sin was truly not there for he would expect that it would have to do with His Race. But it had to do with his knowledge for anyone's truth of being called to community.

Old 04-12-2009, 05:31 PM

783 posts, read 1,326,819 times
Quote:
Are you a sinner
Yes, I am. That is why we need Jesus. Jesus’ sacrifice served as atonement for every sinner who would come to Him in faith.

Romans 3: 21-26 KJV
Quote:
But now the righteousness of God without the law is manifested, being witnessed by the law and the prophets; 22 Even the righteousness of God which is by faith of Jesus Christ unto all and upon all them that believe: for there is no difference: 23 For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God; 24 Being justified freely by his grace through the redemption that is in Christ Jesus: 25 Whom God hath set forth to be a propitiation through faith in his blood, to declare his righteousness for the remission of sins that are past, through the forbearance of God; 26 To declare, I say, at this time his righteousness: that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus.

Old 04-12-2009, 06:16 PM

2,529 posts, read 4,352,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
In response to the highlighted statement, you will not be going to Heaven if you keep on sinning until death; one willful sin in your heart at the time of death will shut you out of God's Heaven; otherwise, all of Heaven would be contaminated. God would have to apologize to satan, his angels, Adam and Eve if He allowed a sinner into Heaven. Only the Saints are allowed in. Jesus died to deliver us from sin to make us Saints, not patched up sinners.
When I first became a Christian, I attended the most conservative congregation. This was taught...and I was scared to death all the time. I spent my whole day afraid to live, constantly asking God to forgive me, etc. It was a horrible way to live, thinking if I die with only one sin on me, I'm doomed.

Thank God I studied for myself and realized how wrong this is. God's grace is sufficient and I thank Him daily that I don't live in that fear anymore.

1 John 1...
7But if we walk in the light, as he is in the light, we have fellowship one with another, and the blood of Jesus Christ his Son cleanseth us from all sin. 8If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.
9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Old 04-12-2009, 08:46 PM

3,580 posts, read 6,305,053 times
Quote:

We all were once dead in Sin. We are not perfect people and will make mistakes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity