Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-18-2011, 12:07 PM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,491 times

Advertisements

The book of Revelation is a book written to the church. It begins with specific messages to specific churches and has very stern warnings from God Himself. In chapter one it's clear that Yahushua / "Jesus" is revealing Himself to the Apostle John whom was an eyewitness to the entire ministry of Yahushua. It's also clear that Yahushua is "God" because He tells John that He is "the First and the Last" which is one of God's titles all throughout the Old Testament.

After posting here on this forum for over a month now it's very clear to me that the majority of so called Christians here are dismissing the Book of Revelation as trash. They are claiming "did God say to repent, surely you don't have to repent. It's ok, your all going to make it. Don't worry about listening and obeying the teachings of Yahushua." This is the most horrible thing I've ever witnessed in my entire life and I've also come to realize that there is very little hope for any fruit to become of teaching the truth of the Word of God here.

I think the main evidence that should prove there is in fact a deception taking place is the Book of Revelation. The Book of Revelation says it all, and there's not many who would want to discuss it... of course. The book of Revelation should make it very clear to those who are truely seeking the truth and want to be saved, that we need to listen, repent, and obey God... or, you will not be living with Him forever. In fact... what you will be getting is something that you fought for. God of course does not want you to be anywhere else but with Him but in order for this to happen you have to make the right choice. You must believe and obey Him. For thousands of years Moses and the prophets foretold of the coming Messiah and warned us to listen and obey Him. We have His words today, thank God.

Deuteronomy 18:15
[ True and False Prophets ] Moses continued, “The Lord your God will raise up for you a prophet like me from among your fellow Israelites. You must listen to him.

So what's your opinion on the Book of Revelation? Lets get this out on the table right now. I'm posting this not because I want to preach wrath and judgement, but because it's LOVE! I love people and want them to know the truth.

If you refuse to listen and obey Yahushua / God, just remember, you fought for it.

God warns us to separate ourselves from this world and be Holy. Do you believe that?

Revelation 18:4
And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

Have you repented and been "water baptized", and are following the Lamb?

If what I'm saying is not true then there is no need for this:

Matthew 28

19Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: 20Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: and, lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world. Amen.

I highly recommend anyone who wants to be saved to repent and be water baptized and listen and obey Yahushua the Messiah!!!

Last edited by O-Ducky; 02-18-2011 at 12:19 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-18-2011, 12:13 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,179,752 times
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...us-christ.html is exactly that - a revealing of Him who dwells in His called and chosen.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
http://www.city-data.com/forum/chris...us-christ.html is exactly that - a revealing of Him who dwells in His called and chosen.
It's a message to the church! That's clear. It's not a message to be taken lightly either. Your soul is at stake here.

For you to brush what God is saying aside and treat the message as meaningless is for you to tell God that He's wrong. Does that make any sense to you. Were talking about the Word of the Living God!

And please, I know that those who oppose are going to plan how they can get this thread banned by starting trouble, but if you have any decency then don't. Let the Word of God stand and every man and woman be brought low.

Let's see what happens.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by O-Ducky View Post
It's a message to the church! That's clear. It's not a message to be taken lightly either. Your soul is at stake here.

For you to brush what God is saying aside and treat the message as meaningless is for you to tell God that He's wrong. Does that make any sense to you. Were talking about the Word of the Living God!

And please, I know that those who oppose are going to plan how they can get this thread banned by starting trouble, but if you have any decency then don't. Let the Word of God stand and every man and woman be brought low.

Let's see what happens.
Click the link before you say I'm taking it lightly, please.

Old 02-18-2011, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
Click the link before you say I'm taking it lightly, please.
Ok... it's about what I thought. A totally different message than what this thread is about. But great, yes the Revelation of Yahushua the Messiah is a good thing. But it's a message! It's like God coming to you and telling you something, warning you about something, and then you forgeting what He said and going around saying, oh guess what I spoke with God today, and not telling what He said because you could care less and don't want to listen or obey. I'm not saying that's you, but do you see my point? No disrespect intended.

The Book of Revelation is a "message" to the church.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:13 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
The revelation of Jesus Christ, which God gave him to show his servants what must soon take place.... He made it known by sending his angel to his servant John...

The Book of Revelation should now be one of the most important biblical books to us because it is for this generation

only the blind fail to see that the revelations are unfolding...

Old 02-18-2011, 01:16 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,944,684 times
Quote:
So what's your opinion on the Book of Revelation? Lets get this out on the table right now.
It's the pure Word of God, and I believe it all.

Quote:
I'm posting this not because I want to preach wrath and judgement, but because it's LOVE! I love people and want them to know the truth.
The Book of Revelation is wrath and judgement for the disobedient; and through divine love, we are to let the people know what's ahead so they can have a chance to repent and enter into God's divine love too.

Old 02-18-2011, 01:27 PM

488 posts, read 1,251,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It's the pure Word of God, and I believe it all.

The Book of Revelation is wrath and judgement for the disobedient; and through divine love, we are to let the people know what's ahead so they can have a chance to repent and enter into God's divine love too.
very well said

Old 02-18-2011, 02:41 PM

doesntspringtomind and scgraham, thanks for standing on the Word of God and speaking the truth here.

Let's go through the Book of Revelation and discuss the many different warnings from God to the church, since it should be a great concern of ours as to what pleases and upsets God.

To the church at Ephesus:

“But I have this complaint against you. You don’t love me or each other as you did at first!"

He says they're doing all the right things outwardly but they have a heart problem. So, it's possible to being doing all the right things but still be in danger.

The Message to the Church in Smyrna

9 “I know about your suffering and your poverty—but you are rich! I know the blasphemy of those opposing you. They say they are Jews, but they are not, because their synagogue belongs to Satan.

Not much to warn about there. He commends and comforts them as well as confirms that thier opponents belong to Satan.

The Message to the Church in Pergamum

14 “But I have a few complaints against you. You tolerate some among you whose teaching is like that of Balaam, who showed Balak how to trip up the people of Israel. He taught them to sin by eating food offered to idols and by committing sexual sin. 15 In a similar way, you have some Nicolaitans among you who follow the same teaching. 16 Repent of your sin, or I will come to you suddenly and fight against them with the sword of my mouth

Uh oh, they are allowing false teachers to lead them astray into sin. He sternly warns them to repent. I wonder if they pulled thier liscense to sin out and said... "well Paul said"

The Message to the Church in Thyatira

Same as Pergamum

The Message to the Church in Sardis

“I know all the things you do, and that you have a reputation for being alive—but you are dead. 2 Wake up! Strengthen what little remains, for even what is left is almost dead. I find that your actions do not meet the requirements of my God. 3 Go back to what you heard and believed at first; hold to it firmly. Repent and turn to me again. If you don’t wake up, I will come to you suddenly, as unexpected as a thief.

Not really specific but it sounds like they were great actors. But He does say:

4 “Yet there are some in the church in Sardis who have not soiled their clothes with evil. They will walk with me in white, for they are worthy. 5 All who are victorious will be clothed in white. I will never erase their names from the Book of Life, but I will announce before my Father and his angels that they are mine.

- soiled clothes with evil.
- Repent = victorious = name in the Book of Life, which means, no repentance = defeat = name blotted out, which means not eternally secure untill the end. Must endure to the end.

The Message to the Church in Philadelphia

9 Look, I will force those who belong to Satan’s synagogue—those liars who say they are Jews but are not—to come and bow down at your feet. They will acknowledge that you are the ones I love.
10 “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world. 11 I am coming soon. Hold on to what you have, so that no one will take away your crown.

Warns them to hold on to what they have. Don't be decieved and hold on tight to what God has taught you - the Word of God.

The Message to the Church in Laodicea

“I know all the things you do, that you are neither hot nor cold. I wish that you were one or the other! 16 But since you are like lukewarm water, neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth! 17 You say, ‘I am rich. I have everything I want. I don’t need a thing!’ And you don’t realize that you are wretched and miserable and poor and blind and naked.

Somehow they thought they had it all. Sounds like they were stuck up a little, lacking love and very misserable and pridefull people. Money probably has nothing to do with it. Pride was probably thier biggest problem and they refuse to humble themselves. Clearly, if they didn't figure it out and repent God says He's going to spit them out of His mouth. That doesn't sound to good. I can't help but think about humility on this one. That's a message for all of us.

*The main thing to note is there is warning to the church! If there is warning to the church, then that means, there must be repentance and if not then one can only conclude something not so good.

Amazing... He tells the "church" to repent or He will spit them out of His mouth and take thier name out of the Book of Life. That's not exactly what you'd hear in today's day an age. But, it's no different than the teachings we have in the Gospels from the Messiah. Lines up and makes sense to me.

Last edited by O-Ducky; 02-18-2011 at 02:50 PM..

Old 02-18-2011, 03:46 PM

I believe the messages to the Churches can be and do apply to the different stages of our lives. We all find ourselves fitting those descriptions as we are stripped and shaped into His image.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity