Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-08-2011, 06:39 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,788,956 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, they can be Jews, but it does not mean they are all Jews. Anyone who is looking for ways other than Jesus are in the same situation.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven, but only the one who does the will of my Father who is in heaven. 22 Many will say to me on that day, ‘Lord, Lord, did we not prophesy in your name and in your name drive out demons and in your name perform many miracles?’ 23 Then I will tell them plainly, ‘I never knew you. Away from me, you evildoers!
That is not the issue ... Jesus was prophesying of the coming destruction on Israel and of those who would escape and find "the way" and those who would not.

Much of what Christ said concerning judgment was specifically dealing with the nation of Israel at that time, which traditional fundamentalist like to expand into a general prophecy concerning the fate of all mankind. This is done by taking what he actually said out of the context of his ministry and applying it to an audience to whom he was not speaking at that time.

Old 03-08-2011, 07:01 PM

76,966 posts, read 47,838,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
That is not the issue ... Jesus was prophesying of the coming destruction on Israel and of those who would escape and find "the way" and those who would not.

Much of what Christ said concerning judgment was specifically dealing with the nation of Israel at that time, which traditional fundamentalist like to expand into a general prophecy concerning the fate of all mankind. This is done by taking what he actually said out of the context of his ministry and applying it to an audience to whom he was not speaking at that time.
Judgment? He is talking about the way to kingdom of heaven, the salvation of souls and about those who were left outside.

Trust me, Christ is the only way. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He is the door. Note, he is "THE" door, not "a" door. He is the only door.

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.

Old 03-08-2011, 08:18 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,788,956 times
Quote:
Judgment? He is talking about the way to kingdom of heaven, the salvation of souls and about those who were left outside.

Trust me, Christ is the only way. Jesus answered, “I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

He is the door. Note, he is "THE" door, not "a" door. He is the only door.

John 10:9 I am the gate; whoever enters through me will be saved. They will come in and go out, and find pasture.
You are changing the subject and muddying the water. I never said there was any other way to God. And i never said that there was any other "door" beside what Christ achieved in his life and death and resurrection from the dead.

IN the end every knee will bow and every tongue confess that Christ is lord, and all people of all nations and everything in heaven and earth and under the earth and in the sea and under the sea will sing praises and glory to his name, when all things are finally made one together in Christ our lord.

Last edited by Ironmaw1776; 03-08-2011 at 09:03 PM..

Old 03-09-2011, 05:08 AM

76,966 posts, read 47,838,784 times
Quote:
You are changing the subject and muddying the water. I never said there was any other way to God. And i never said that there was any other "door" beside what Christ achieved in his life and death and resurrection from the dead.
No, I have ben saying the same thing all along. Yes, every knee will bend, even the knees of those who died in their sins and were left outside (banging on the door after they die), but the bending of the knee IS talking about judgment. The knees will bend in the same fashion as the defendant rises in the courtroom to honor the judge. The bending of the knee at that point is too late to bring salvation.

Old 03-09-2011, 05:18 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,390,330 times
Quote:
What does it mean that many try to enter but will not be able to?

The Bible says that Jesus is the only way, but there are many who try to find an alternate route to heaven. If Jesus is the only way, then any other way will lead to destruction. Those who reject Christ are already on the broad way to destruction, and many of them are not even looking, but those who try, and can't find, are the ones who seek alternate ways like false religions, being a 'nice' person, everyone is saved etc.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.
There's only one Door in the whole house.
When they are shown the Door, they will get in easily, just like everyone else.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-09-2011, 05:21 AM

Quote:
The OP is assuming that Christ was speaking to anyone other than the Israelites, which is an obvious error ...

Paul further iterated Christs words when he spoke of Israel having been hardened and made enemies of the gospel for the sake of the world. He wrote of how there was yet an elect OF ISRAEL who were not hardened but who "found the narrow path" and received repentance and faith from God to believe in the gospel of Christ.

Nevertheless, Paul does declare that all Israel will be saved, which includes not only those that believed, but even all those who never did not believe. And so it is prophesied the resurrection of the righteous and the wicked alike to face judgment and testing by fire.
I can't tell you the JOY I felt when I read this!
There is only One Door, just as there is only One God.

Blessings!
brian

Old 03-09-2011, 05:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
"The narrow and broad path" is symbolic of the old and new man.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-09-2011, 05:55 AM

6,370 posts, read 7,055,736 times
Quote:
What does it mean that many try to enter but will not be able to?

The Bible says that Jesus is the only way, but there are many who try to find an alternate route to heaven. If Jesus is the only way, then any other way will lead to destruction. Those who reject Christ are already on the broad way to destruction, and many of them are not even looking, but those who try, and can't find, are the ones who seek alternate ways like false religions, being a 'nice' person, everyone is saved etc.

John 14:6 Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

“Not everyone who says to me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ will enter the kingdom of heaven.
Everyone SHALL be saved. Not that they are ALREADY saved. There is no way to be saved but through Jesus Christ. Everyone rejecting Christ is on the road to destruction. But then again we cannot accept Christ of our own will. So until the deliver puts the spark of hope in our heart we are doomed.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:03 AM

874 posts, read 1,654,160 times
It's simply saying that if you reject Christ or try to find another way into Heaven, then God will disown you and you wont enter the Kingdom.

Old 03-09-2011, 06:15 AM

37,347 posts, read 28,435,450 times
Quote:
The knees will bend in the same fashion as the defendant rises in the courtroom to honor the judge. The bending of the knee at that point is too late to bring salvation.
There is no scriptural basis for this whatsoever, this has derived from your imagination and false concept of who God is.

In your concept of God he lacks in all departments such as love,grace and mercy.

I want you to know his riches are unsearchable, his love knows no bounds,his grace has no measure and his mercy endures forever.This will never change, just like the man who loves his neighbor as himself he will always extend love,grace and mercy to him, and never hold him accountable because he bears the nature of his Father.

And no matter how big a debt man may have, God wipes away a debt of a billion dollars as easy as penny.

God is full and overflowing in everything he is. God is love. He is not wrath no matter how much you believe he is.

For the LORD [is] good; his mercy [is] everlasting; and his truth [endureth] to all generations.Psalm 105;5

Everlasting is the wrong word here,but those of you who believe in damnation believe it's eternal, so according to your own take on everlasting, his mercy goes beyond the grave.

There is nowhere in the scriptures that says there's a day to late in regards to salvation. You may want to throw back at me that Jesus said "You shall die in your sins", and "man is destined to die once then judgement:, but you are assuming the fete of those who have not believed in this life from your wrong concept of God and the scriptures and and wrongly assuming every time you read justice and judgement in the scriptures that man is damned to destruction.It's you making a judgement call from your wrong concept of the scriptures and who God is.

Just like Jesus said to the Pharisees who questioned his disciples about him dining with tax collectors and sinners "I desire mercy and not sacrifice, go learn what this means", i will also admonish you to go learn this too............... Judgment without mercy will be shown to anyonewho has not been merciful. Mercy triumphs over judgment! James 2:13
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity