Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 03-09-2011, 08:02 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,765,506 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by lee9786 View Post
Jesus makes it clear in the parable of the virgins. 5 had enough oil (from my research, possessing the holy spirit), and 5 did not have enough oil. The ones that did not have enough oil were told to go get more. When they did and got back, the doors were shut. Jesus told them he didn't know them. He also said there would be weeping and gnashing of teeth.

Now if this isn't a sober reminder of where our hearts need to be I don't know what is. It basically says he has to know you. You have to answer the door that he's knocking at. This means go searching for the door and open it. From what I grasp, he's outside the apostate institutional "church!"

You have to seek the door out. In finding the door and opening it, he will grant you and I the holy spirit. Just what I've grasped from my studies.
When He knocks, you should open. That is how you answer His calling: you invite Him in, believe Him and obey his commands. That is the only way. Others try to seek alternate ways into the kingdom, such as being a nice and generous person, but they are doomed to fail. You cannot buy your way to the kingdom, not with money, or with works, or even with your love towards your neighbor.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
So does belief in Jesus place one on the narrow path?
See posts #4 and #26.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:46 AM

351 posts, read 356,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I have ben saying the same thing all along. Yes, every knee will bend, even the knees of those who died in their sins and were left outside (banging on the door after they die), but the bending of the knee IS talking about judgment. The knees will bend in the same fashion as the defendant rises in the courtroom to honor the judge. The bending of the knee at that point is too late to bring salvation.

Hi Finn I believe it says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 12:3 it say no one can claim Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. So all these people who have been resserected and now proclaim Jesus is Lord are full of the Holy Spirut and you say they are still in hell, full of the Holy Spirit? I don't think so. It is never too late for God. Why people think we must be saved in this world when the Bible never says that is beyond me. I know that Christ's elect will be saved in this life and that they are all ready chosen(predestined) The rest will go to eonian chastizement and then will repent and be cleansed and saved.

Old 03-09-2011, 08:52 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,960,355 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
It takes way more than belief, as the devils believe and tremble. It takes a born again experience. People often cite the thief on the cross to point to the ease of entrance into heaven. However, he was being put to death, so he had no opportunity to bring forth fruit worthy of repentance; but, Jesus knew the man's heart-felt godly sorrow, so he was given his passport into heaven. I am quite sure that had he lived, he would have used his godly sorrow to bring forth fruit worthy of his repentance.

So then the narrow path is earned?

Old 03-09-2011, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschulz View Post
Hi Finn I believe it says in the Bible in 1 Corinthians 12:3 it say no one can claim Jesus is Lord except by the Holy Spirit. So all these people who have been resserected and now proclaim Jesus is Lord are full of the Holy Spirut and you say they are still in hell, full of the Holy Spirit? I don't think so.
Well, the very verses in Matthew which have been referenced here spefically declare that there are people who say "Lord, Lord" but will not be able to enter. That's the whole discussion here. 1 Corinthians 12:3 is another way of saying 'you will know them by their fruits'.

Quote:
It is never too late for God. Why people think we must be saved in this world when the Bible never says that is beyond me. I know that Christ's elect will be saved in this life and that they are all ready chosen(predestined) The rest will go to eonian chastizement and then will repent and be cleansed and saved
The Bible says we are destined to die once and then be judged. And in numerous places it talks about people who are outside banging on the door, but are denied access. These are people who are dead, and they died in their sins, and are denied access.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:29 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,146,120 times
The error here is believing if "one does not enter the kingdom of heaven", that they will not ever enter, nor will they not be saved, nor will they ever come to be with God.

Study what the Kingdom of Heavens is really talking about.

HINT: a better translation or meaning is "reign of the heavens". Not everyone will reign with Christ.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
The error here is believing if "one does not enter the kingdom of heaven", that they will not ever enter, nor will they not be saved, nor will they ever come to be with God.
And your error is thinking that people can enter after they die.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
And your error is thinking that people can enter after they die.
I don't necessarily think they will enter after they die. No "error" there.

Not everyone will reign with Christ.

Yet God will still be all in all.

Old 03-09-2011, 01:58 PM

Many will not enter the Kingdom of God. Yet all could still be saved.

If your heart leads you to consider this possibility, please take a look at this link:
Merciful Truth : Few Chosen, A Kingdom Come

Old 03-09-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Many will not enter the Kingdom of God. Yet all could still be saved.
When you are saved (while living) you enter the KOG, and the KOG enters in you, and after you die, you are still in it and it in you, it simply continues in a different form of existence. Heaven and presence of God is a part of KOG. If you are saved you are in it, and it in you, so it is not possible that you are saved and not in KOG.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity