Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-26-2011, 11:57 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
I went to the site of that video...McMillan Ministries...And research it...because they did not have an about us button on their site...as if they are trying to hide something...well, i found out two things...either they are Jehovah's Wittnesses or of The Latter Rain Movement...which was started right after WWII...Read it for yourself...
Instead of refuting the messenger, refute the message. This is how people know when you don't have a 'leg' to stand on,,when you attack the messenger. Same thing happened throughout time, including to Jesus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-26-2011, 12:00 PM

5,187 posts, read 6,944,451 times
God's Ten Commandments

http://www.bibleresearch.org/lawbook4/b4w2.html

Are Christians required to keep the Ten Commandments ?

Last edited by perry335654; 03-26-2011 at 12:05 PM.. Reason: t

Old 03-26-2011, 12:48 PM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I don't have time to rest every day. Some of us work both carnally, and spiritually.
It's a real issue with my wife and I (stressful work environment), and I believe we're being trained how to separate what is going on around us from the life within us. How to see that when your world is being shaken outwardly, you know deep inside that God is moving in supernatural ways to do a perfect work? To quiet your spirit in the midst of phones ringing off the wall, to deal with love and understanding toward a customer that is unruly and unkind?

That's the exact lesson He has me in, and I love it. I want to know what it's really like to walk in spirit full time.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:19 PM

8,178 posts, read 6,928,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by little elmer View Post
It's a real issue with my wife and I (stressful work environment), and I believe we're being trained how to separate what is going on around us from the life within us. How to see that when your world is being shaken outwardly, you know deep inside that God is moving in supernatural ways to do a perfect work? To quiet your spirit in the midst of phones ringing off the wall, to deal with love and understanding toward a customer that is unruly and unkind?

That's the exact lesson He has me in, and I love it. I want to know what it's really like to walk in spirit full time.
That's a really good thing to think on and keep in your mind and heart. I appreciate you posting that.

I also like your status about your surroundings being God's way of changing you. Good stuff, bro.
peace,
sparrow

Old 03-26-2011, 06:56 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius
If you, as a Christian who are under grace, think you have to keep the Sabbath, then the apostle Paul says "you have fallen out of grace." And he said: Who is living by the law must do ALL the law and if you fail in one law you are guilty of failing in all the law.

Paul also said if anyone comes to you and preaches a gospel other than what we bring to you let him be anathema.
Paul never brought a gospel to those Galatians where he mixed law with grace. That is the whole reason for writing the Galatians. The Judaizers were coming to them with a different gospel of mixing law with grace. Verna is doing the same thing. She is mixing law with grace. So we just have to let her be anathema.
Quote:
You don't know this for an absolute fact, do you? You assume because Paul mentioned the Law it was to INCLUDE and could ONLY include the 10 commandments. How WRONG you would be. He was definately talking about the 613 laws, statutes, and ordinances of the Torah. The laws of the first convenant.
I'm very sure when Paul said "the law" he meant the whole law, not just the ten commandments.

Quote:
You keep mentioning Paul, as if what Jesus said has no bearing, and again, you would be wrong. If ALL you read was Jesus, ONLY, you would see that you must always obey, out of obedience and servitude because of your love, the Holy Commandments written in stone.
Once a person knows how to "rightly divide" or "correctly cut" the word of God they will see that what Christ said was to the circumcision Jews. He said Himself He "was not sent but to the lost sheep of the house of Israel." What Paul was given for us of the nations was from the risen, glorified Christ and we are under grace (period).

Quote:
Personally, I would pray that God would give eyes to see this, and ears to hear this. But the Sabbath is actually not the worst one we as those called the church break. It is the FIRST one. Once the first one is in line with out love and our thoughts, then the need for the Sabbath becomes a mute point, because you would want to give this day as His Day.
Since we are under grace and not under law it would be better to give every day to Him, would you not agree?

Please read Galatians. Virginia is under the anathema. Paul never said we had to observe the Sabbath or Passover or any of the other Jewish holy days. His epistle to them is all about being against them mixing law with grace. It is like mixing oil with water.

Old 03-26-2011, 07:18 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
I cherish the fact that the wicked world detests me...they detested Jesus too, and crucified him simply for speaking what the Father had given him to speak. I am honored to be called vile and cursed by the wicked sinners of this world........Jesus, in Scripture, the Ispired Word of God said, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14.

...and...

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Luke 6:22...

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. Luke 6:23...

HALLALUJAH!!!!!!! Praise You Jesus! To God be all the glory...all the honor and all the praise!...The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall not want....Amen and Amen !

Old 03-27-2011, 02:54 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
I cherish the fact that the wicked world detests me...they detested Jesus too, and crucified him simply for speaking what the Father had given him to speak. I am honored to be called vile and cursed by the wicked sinners of this world........Jesus, in Scripture, the Ispired Word of God said, "Blessed are they that do his commandments, that they may have right to the tree of life, and may enter in through the gates into the city." Revelation 22:14.

...and...

Blessed are ye, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you [from their company], and shall reproach [you], and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake. Luke 6:22...

Rejoice ye in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward [is] great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers unto the prophets. Luke 6:23...

HALLALUJAH!!!!!!! Praise You Jesus! To God be all the glory...all the honor and all the praise!...The Lord is my Shepherd...I shall not want....Amen and Amen !
As long as you're happy Verna, that's all that matters.

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-27-2011, 05:31 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
Richard, You have a lot of studying to do of God's word...better get busy!......time's a waistin' !!!
Condecention...i love it...But, obviously yuo need a lot of study...there are 613 Divine commandments of G-d, called the Mishnah...

Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
Condecention...i love it...But, obviously yuo need a lot of study...there are 613 Divine commandments of G-d, called the Mishnah...
Yet just 10 made it into the Ark. Hmm.

Perhaps because this wasn't limited ONLY to the Israelite Hebrew people of 'that' time? Perhaps it was sealed in the Ark for ALL time? Perhaps it is God's divine decreed Law? Perhaps it is even the Law of heaven?

I don't know. People, like you, seem to have no problem when it come to the other 9 written in stone, yet mention the 4th and their eyes glaze over.

Perhaps when you are not sealed by God with His seal, you remain in a perpetual blinded state, unable to see the lies that have been spread over the centuries. So you just accept, and even defend the lie.

Old 03-27-2011, 06:01 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Instead of refuting the messenger, refute the message. This is how people know when you don't have a 'leg' to stand on,,when you attack the messenger. Same thing happened throughout time, including to Jesus.
Have you read about the latter rain movement?...I do in fact believe we should follow the Judaic ways, for it is the heritage of christianity...Things of the New Testament are better understood with a good understanding of Judaic Customs...I do in fact agree with a lot of what Verna says...However, from a different angle...I do not see following the Mishnah as part of one's Salvation...for Christ accomplished that on the cross...I do not see where Christ put away the Judaic ways...He did not come to abolish the Law, but to fullfill the Law...I say if one could fullfill the Law unto righteousness, then what was the point of Christ's sacrifice on the cross?...And as far as the Sabbath, why would Christ's reply to the question of the Sabbath be 'each on holds one day above another, let each one be convinced in his own mind'?...I have yet to receive an answer to it other than irrelavent scripture quotes...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity