Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-24-2011, 09:52 PM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times

Advertisements

The Dissemblers Of Modern Christianity

"Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness...
is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissembers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked." Ps 26:1-5

Throughout the scriptures, the Spirit of Christ shows that God's Law and God's Grace are in perfect agreement. People of true faith walk in integrity as they obey the Commandments of God. Indeed, the scriptures teach that only when we walk in ALL the Commandments of God, do we walk in "thy truth" ...

"Thou art near, O LORD; and ALL THY COMMANDMENTS ARE TRUTH." Psalms 119:51

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles agree that people EITHER obey all the commandments of God -- OR, they are wicked-evil-doers. So who is a dissembler?

DISSEMBLER: to hide under a false appearance. 2. to pretend: to disguise oneself to conceal ones motives. Deceive.

The Ten Commandments are truth. So, a dissembler will deceive by changing those words of God. For example: the hypocritical Pharisees ADDED the traditions of men to the Commandments of God; and Antinomian Churchmen DIMINISH the Commandments of God by saying: "under the gospel dispensation, the moral law is of no use or obligation, faith alone being necessary to salvation."

In both cases, the dissembler is a hypocrite who deceives by tampering with the truth of God's Law. He professes to love God; but refuses to obey Him.

Under the pretext of extolling God's grace, the dissemblers of modern Christianity will often use the words "legalism", "legalist" or "legalistic" as an ad hominem argument against the faithful teachers who are showing God's people their sins and calling them to repentance.

It is no wonder that immature Christians are prone to believe a stigma is attached to legalism. The dissemblers of Christianity sound so authoritative and pedagogic when they make their assertions that "legalism" lacks mercy and is void of love; when they allege that it comes from impure motives; and, when they compare "legalists" with the hypocritical Pharisees who added the heavy burdens of tradition to the Commandments of God --but you will soon see the treachery of the dissemblers when you come to realize that JESUS CHRIST WAS A LEGALIST!

It was Jesus who said: "... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17 (KJV)

It was Jesus who said: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matt 5:30 (NIV)

It was the resurrected Jesus who commissioned His disciples with these words:

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: ..." Matt 28:19-20

Jesus Christ: "Depart from me, you who practice LAWLESSNESS "
* Matt 7:23.

When you read Matthew 7:21-29, you will see those are the words that Jesus will say to the people who called Him "Lord" but refused to obey Him. Those many people (who will be rejected on judgment day) will have this one thing in common: they were NOT LEGALISTS!

* (The KJV translates lawlessness as "iniquity". It is the Greek word "anomia" which means without law.)

Amen! and Amen! Praise God!

In Christ's love...and prayerfully in His truth,
Verna.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2011, 05:06 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post

"Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness...
is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

I have not sat with vain persons, neither will I go in with dissembers. I have hated the congregation of evil doers; and will not sit with the wicked." Ps 26:1-5

Throughout the scriptures, the Spirit of Christ shows that God's Law and God's Grace are in perfect agreement. People of true faith walk in integrity as they obey the Commandments of God. Indeed, the scriptures teach that only when we walk in ALL the Commandments of God, do we walk in "thy truth" ...

Jesus, the prophets, and the apostles agree that people EITHER obey all the commandments of God -- OR, they are wicked-evil-doers. So who is a dissembler?

DISSEMBLER: to hide under a false appearance. 2. to pretend: to disguise oneself to conceal ones motives. Deceive.

The Ten Commandments are truth. So, a dissembler will deceive by changing those words of God. For example: the hypocritical Pharisees ADDED the traditions of men to the Commandments of God; and Antinomian Churchmen DIMINISH the Commandments of God by saying: "under the gospel dispensation, the moral law is of no use or obligation, faith alone being necessary to salvation."

In both cases, the dissembler is a hypocrite who deceives by tampering with the truth of God's Law. He professes to love God; but refuses to obey Him.

Under the pretext of extolling God's grace, the dissemblers of modern Christianity will often use the words "legalism", "legalist" or "legalistic" as an ad hominem argument against the faithful teachers who are showing God's people their sins and calling them to repentance.

It is no wonder that immature Christians are prone to believe a stigma is attached to legalism. The dissemblers of Christianity sound so authoritative and pedagogic when they make their assertions that "legalism" lacks mercy and is void of love; when they allege that it comes from impure motives; and, when they compare "legalists" with the hypocritical Pharisees who added the heavy burdens of tradition to the Commandments of God --but you will soon see the treachery of the dissemblers when you come to realize that JESUS CHRIST WAS A LEGALIST!

It was Jesus who said: "... if thou wilt enter into life, keep the commandments." Matt 19:17 (KJV)

It was Jesus who said: "And if your right hand causes you to sin, cut it off and throw it away. It is better for you to lose one part of your body than for your whole body to go into hell." Matt 5:30 (NIV)

"Go ye therefore, and teach all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Ghost: Teaching them to observe all things whatsoever I have commanded you: ..." Matt 28:19-20

When you read Matthew 7:21-29, you will see those are the words that Jesus will say to the people who called Him "Lord" but refused to obey Him. Those many people (who will be rejected on judgment day) will have this one thing in common: they were NOT LEGALISTS!

* (The KJV translates lawlessness as "iniquity". It is the Greek word "anomia" which means without law.)

Verna.
I don't want to start debating, Verna. Too tired.
I just want to say that, I don't have any problems with you or anyone else keeping the Sabbath. But if someone doesn't do it, I don't judge them, because Jesus told me not to judge them. He told me to Love them.

I don't work on weekends, but if I have to, I take breaks in other moments, and in all honesty, I don't believe that God is angry with me about this issue. If so, I am confident that He'll change that in my heart so that I see it differently.

No sweat. Chill. Praise and be ye thankful.

The rest will come according to His plan.

Many blessings to you Verna,
brian

Old 03-25-2011, 06:46 AM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Not that I agree with everything, but have a look.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PlZwA_d2H4E

Old 03-25-2011, 07:06 AM

7,874 posts, read 14,181,746 times
That's interesting - more than the day itself, I believe we start by observing the day in our bodies (naturally), but as we grow we should start to see that true rest is by abiding in the Vine - always, 24/7 all the time.

Trusting in Him for our very life is the aim and goal for every believer, and to truly make Him lord of the Sabbath.

Old 03-25-2011, 07:13 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,661,840 times
Brian, I pray to God that you receive the knowledge of the truth and follow the Ten Commandments of God...not because it is conveinent...but because you love him and choose to do so...diligently and with joy in your heart to do so.

Hot, Thank you so much for the video...profound truth.

God Bless you both,
Verna.

Old 03-25-2011, 04:53 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:

"Judge me, O LORD; for I have walked in mine integrity: I have trusted also in the LORD; therefore I shall not slide. Examine me, O LORD, and prove me; try my reins and my heart. For thy lovingkindness...is before mine eyes: and I have walked in thy truth.

Verna.
The 10 commandments were created for the material world. Those who walk in the light of God only need two commandments. Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. When you love, it is impossible to do anything that is not of God. The 10 commandments then become useless. Once in the spirit world, the greatest Law is the Law of Love. Everything else must answer to that. We will all reap what we sow and if we do not live the Law of Love, we must answer to those things that we do that are not of Love. Period. Nothing is greater than Love, not even the sabbath.

Old 03-25-2011, 11:48 PM

3,553 posts, read 5,154,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverend1111 View Post
The 10 commandments were created for the material world. Those who walk in the light of God only need two commandments. Love God with all your heart, mind and soul and love your neighbor as yourself. When you love, it is impossible to do anything that is not of God. The 10 commandments then become useless. Once in the spirit world, the greatest Law is the Law of Love. Everything else must answer to that. We will all reap what we sow and if we do not live the Law of Love, we must answer to those things that we do that are not of Love. Period. Nothing is greater than Love, not even the sabbath.

The Sabbath kept out of a pure heart, is evidence OF the love.

Old 03-26-2011, 01:36 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
I'd like to know what method of keeping the Sabbath you intend?
How do you do it?

Blessings,
brian

Old 03-26-2011, 03:10 AM

4,323 posts, read 6,025,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HotinAZ View Post
The sabbath does nothing for the soul whether one keeps it or not. It doesn't bring Love into the soul. Only being Love can bring love into the soul. We were created out of love for love, not the sabbath. So, if one goes their whole life without keeping the sabbath yet they walk in love for all humanity, I assure you, the one who dwells on the sabbath will be far less filled with love than the one who walked in love that never kept the sabbath.

Old 03-26-2011, 06:25 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Brian, I pray to God that you receive the knowledge of the truth and follow the Ten Commandments of God...not because it is conveinent...but because you love him and choose to do so...diligently and with joy in your heart to do so.

Hot, Thank you so much for the video...profound truth.

God Bless you both,
Verna.
As i've told you before Verna, but, yet you are hardhearted...There are 613 Divine Commandments of G-d...Not just The Ten...The Ten were the first...And Sabbath was made for man, not man for the Sabbath...you misunderstand...And the Sabbath is on Saturday not Sunday...Christ never said any different...'Each one of you holds one day above another, let each one be convinced in his own mind'...Who were the Judaiser christians which Paul spoke against and what were they doing that Paul had such an issue with?...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity