Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-20-2011, 10:44 AM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
I don't believe God "forces" us to be rapists (God forbid!). He simply forces us to be born in the lineage of Adam. The "natural man" that you mentioned above. That is the "part" of us that must die, so that the Second Adam, Christ, may arise in us.
Yielding to Adam, or yielding to Christ.. just like in your quote above. Thank you for posting it! I think we agree on more than we might be aware!
I agree!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2011, 09:45 AM

17,966 posts, read 15,972,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Hi Katzpur,

I think we are closer in agreement than you think.

What you say above about our nature is exactly right. It is our nature to do so - to sin. By nature we are sinners.

So to the questions I asked: are we sinners because we sin? YES.
And do we sin because we are sinners? YES. This is what our nature is.

That is what I'm talking about. Its not that we are sinners because of our father's sin. But we are all sinners. You ask about a 5-year old child - no I would not call them a liar if they had never told a lie. But guess what. Almost every (perhaps 100%) 5-year old child I have ever met has already told a lie. Almost every (perhaps 100%) 5-year old kid has taken a toy from another kid at some point.

Hope that made some sense...
According to what Paul wrote in Romans 5:12, the reason we are sinners is NOT because we sin but because death passed through into all mankind and it is because of that that all sin.

Old 04-21-2011, 01:02 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eusebius View Post
According to what Paul wrote in Romans 5:12, the reason we are sinners is NOT because we sin but because death passed through into all mankind and it is because of that that all sin.
Yes I understand.

We are sinners because of the nature passed onto us. And because of that we sin, thus we are sinners.

Old 04-21-2011, 02:20 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Yes I understand.

We are sinners because of the nature passed onto us. And because of that we sin, thus we are sinners.
We are destined to become sinners because of the nature passed on to us. And when as soon as we do what our nature has dictated we do, we have sinned.

Old 04-22-2011, 02:51 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
We are destined to become sinners because of the nature passed on to us. And when as soon as we do what our nature has dictated we do, we have sinned.
And what is more, God sometimes sends us a delusion, a reprobate mind, an evil spirit..
So God does things for a purpose, and it's not true that we are "all free to choose Christ" if it is true that God sends us delusions. He blinds and He gives sight.
Jesus said, "I came that those who see might be made blind." That is some serious stuff!
If God makes us blind, how can we see? Or how can we be guilty of not seeing??

Blessings,
brian

Old 04-22-2011, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Yes I understand.

You keep exchanging a man-made expression for a biblical one. You keep exchanging "nature" for "death."

It was not a nature that was passed through into all mankind because of what Adam did. It was death that was passed through and because of death, all sinned.

Old 04-22-2011, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
Nature is not sinful.

"when the nations do by NATURE that which the law demands" . . .

It is not nature but DEATH. Because death is operating in is due to what Adam did, all sin.

Rom 2:14 For whenever they of the nations that have no law, by nature may
be doing that which the law demands
, these, having no law, are a law to
themselves,

Rom 2:27 And the Uncircumcision who, by nature, are discharging the law's
demands,
shall be judging you, who through letter and circumcision, are a
transgressor of law."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity