Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-26-2014, 09:42 PM

8,669 posts, read 4,823,481 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peacegiver View Post
Since Christians are baptised in the name of the Father, Son and Holy Spirit ,what are their names?????

Those who do not know are not baptized.
Very True. The word was made manifest. And …14We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. 15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.…
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
John 6:56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
1 John 2:23
No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
1Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
Hebrews 10:22
“Let us approach with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.”

From what I have been taught the water is the soul.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-26-2014, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinacled View Post
Very True. The word was made manifest. And …14We have seen and testify that the Father has sent the Son to be the Savior of the world. 15Whoever confesses that Jesus is the Son of God, God abides in him, and he in God. 16We have come to know and have believed the love which God has for us. God is love, and the one who abides in love abides in God, and God abides in him.…
Romans 10:9
If you declare with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.
John 6:56
Whoever eats my flesh and drinks my blood remains in me, and I in them.
1 John 2:23
No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.
1Then he showed me a river of the water of life, clear as crystal, coming from the throne of God and of the Lamb,
Hebrews 10:22
“Let us approach with a true heart in full assurance of faith, with our hearts sprinkled clean from an evil conscience and our bodies washed with pure water.”

From what I have been taught the water is the soul.
(Genesis 1:6-7, 9-10). God commanded the water to bring out an abundance of living souls

Old 11-26-2014, 10:04 PM

By The Blood of Christ we able to know the Spirit that guides us to the fountains of Life.
8And there are three that bear witness in earth, the spirit, and the water, and the blood: and these three agree in one.

Old 11-27-2014, 06:46 AM

17,071 posts, read 10,952,217 times
Blood in itself is no more able to cleanse than water.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:45 AM

28,956 posts, read 16,420,357 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nateswift View Post
Blood in itself is no more able to cleanse than water.
Blood stains one's garments.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:45 AM

4,217 posts, read 2,792,518 times
So what is the name of the Holy Spirit, the Father and the Son????

Father, I have revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:24 AM

28,432 posts, read 11,625,898 times
yep. when you bleed out the debt is paid in full.

Old 12-01-2014, 07:31 AM

9,913 posts, read 1,292,386 times
No one disagrees with the OP in that the blood of Jesus washes away sins, and not water. I know of no christian who has ever said such a thing as water cleansing a sinner. If the OP is making that claim, then he needs to prove it by quoting the person who said it. I, for one, don't believe anyone has said it. What has been said is that baptism is WHEN God cleanses the sinner, not how the sinner is cleansed.

Not one time in the NT did anyone ever question the necessity of baptism. They heard the word. They believed. They were baptized. No arguments!

Jesus commanded baptism. That makes it necessary. Jesus said, "If you love Me, keep My commandments." That should be the end of the discussion, but some will continue to carry on with it, knowing they themselves have been baptized. Go figure!

Old 12-03-2014, 10:25 PM

2,201 posts, read 1,881,192 times
Acts 2:38-39

Old 12-04-2014, 04:42 AM

9,697 posts, read 10,050,503 times
The blood of Jesus who died on the cross became the only judgment for God to bring His justice to man and through God justice bring His blessing for though who are judged , as there is no other release of blessing from God but by the blood of Jesus ...................... Water is the flow which blood of Jesus blessing can come through expectation and selflessness in faith ............... Water baptism is Jesus point of contact for faith to God to prove to God on the intentions of the convert for repentance and the willingness to be obedient and to love God through the identity of Jesus Christ and God is the witness with any public witness
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity