Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-06-2011, 01:21 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
LOL good one Finn. So you don't believe hell is that important now?
I believe it is extremely important to URs. The topic of salvation is far more important to me. Do you ever wonder why URs cannot stop talking about hell? Because they are trying to convince themselves that hell does not exist, but their obsession proves they are not convinced.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:25 PM

Quote:
HAHA but I never said everyone would be forced into salvation. You dreamed that up.
Many reject Jesus, and if your religion was true, they would have to be forced into it.

Quote:
But it appears you think the angel was lying. Apparently the good news does not bring great joy to all people.
Do all people live in perpetual joy? Think about it.

It is good news, and it brings joy to those who accept it.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:26 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,131,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I believe it is extremely important to URs. The topic of salvation is far more important to me. Do you ever wonder why URs cannot stop talking about hell? Because they are trying to convince themselves that hell does not exist, but their obsession proves they are not convinced.
LOL you are on a roll today Finn. Good one!

"Hell is not that important, salvation is far more important!" Finn, what pray tell are you saved from?

"God doesn't force people into salvation" HAHAHA Why would anyone who is in need of saving need to be forced?

Lifeguard: sorry ma'am, I just left him on the bottom of the pool. I didn't want to force his salvation....

LOL too funny!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:29 PM

8,435 posts, read 10,530,305 times
Quote:
True, true.... Good post. The Bible repeats some 200 times that one must believe in order to be saved, but somehow some people do not see, or believe those verses. Their minds have been sealed and the truth cannot penetrate. We can only pray that their ears, eyes and mind will be opened so they can hear the truth and receive salvation.
Are you implying that belief in UR salvation is equal to being unsaved or an unbeliever? Or did I read your post wrong?

Old 07-06-2011, 01:32 PM

Quote:
Many reject Jesus, and if your religion was true, they would have to be forced into it.
You underestimate God's ability. To save Saul/Paul all God had to do was show up with a loud boom and a flash of light.

Quote:
Do all people live in perpetual joy? Think about it.

It is good news, and it brings joy to those who accept it.
Of course not all understand the good news right now. You don't even understand it. You think its good news that a few people are saved while the vast amount of humanity "perishes" (code word in your lingo for "burn in eternal hell"). But when everyone finally hears and understands the good news, then it will bring great joy to all people. Just like it says:

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 PM

Quote:
You underestimate God's ability. To save Saul/Paul all God had to do was show up with a loud boom and a flash of light.
Was Saul dead or alive when this happend? See, not everyone is saved in that manner, and many go to their greaves cursing God.

Quote:
Of course not all understand the good news right now. You don't even understand it. You think its good news that a few people are saved while the vast amount of humanity "perishes" (code word in your lingo for "burn in eternal hell"). But when everyone finally hears and understands the good news, then it will bring great joy to all people. Just like it says:

Luke 2:10 But the angel said to them, “Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people.
No, that is not what I believe. Sorry. Much like pcamps and other urs, you are putting words into my mouth. Obviously you have no clue what I believe, so there is no point in continuing this.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:43 PM

Quote:
LOL, you went straight back to talking about hell. It never fails.

Only an atheist or a universalist would spin and twist Christian good news like that.

No, my friend. Salvation is the good news and I'd say John 3:16 sums is up very well.

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life

Have a nice day.
Believers don't perish.... Doesn't say diddly about non-believers... Hmmm
Next verse? For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Is the "world" limited to believers? That would be silly... Believers don't need to be saved only unbelievers need salvation!

Old 07-06-2011, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAA2310 View Post
I'll be happy to speak on that a bit later.

Right now I would just like to ask one question. If we take the position you're presenting here, then how can we really believe anything in the Bible today? What would be for today, and what would have only applied to the hearers back then?
I'm sure that just like a history book there are universal truths that one can learn from within the text, however... In it's entirety it was meant for a specific people who actually read or heard the words and ACTED on them.

All those who rejected Christ were trapped by the Romans in Jerusalem in 68-70ad (they didn't flee like Jesus said) and were slaughtered, burned, tossed over the walls, impaled on poles, eaten by a starving Jew within the city or.....

IOW they are long dead.

Old 07-06-2011, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Believers don't perish.... Doesn't say diddly about non-believers... Hmmm
Next verse? For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him.

Is the "world" limited to believers? That would be silly... Believers don't need to be saved only unbelievers need salvation!
You don't understand John 3:16? You don't think it speaks about believers and unbelievers? Really?

Old 07-06-2011, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Was Saul dead or alive when this happend? See, not everyone is saved in that manner, and many go to their greaves cursing God.
That wasn't the argument. The point is God doesn't have to force anyone to be saved (which I guess I have to remind you was your argument). God does not need to revert to any kind of "force" as you are implying. God can simply change your viewpoint so that you will come to Him. Which is precisely what happened with Saul/Paul.

Quote:
No, that is not what I believe. Sorry. Much like pcamps and other urs, you are putting words into my mouth. Obviously you have no clue what I believe, so there is no point in continuing this.
HAHA but you have no qualms about putting words in my mouth when you say God force's people into salvation or that it is "no biggie" if people can be saved later. LOL you are a tricky one Finn!

However when you make vague statements about "perishing" and that the good news doesn't bring joy to all, even though scripture is clear that it will, what am I to conclude?

Your theology is mixed up. Do you not believe people go to burn in eternal hell if they perish? You are being vague in your beliefs - it seems you don't want to confront the reality of them.

Don't let me put words in your mouth. Tell me with your own words.

Will the good news bring great joy to all the people?
What happens to people when they perish?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity