Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people?
Yes 13 23.21%
No 31 55.36%
I don't believe that Jesus is the word of God! 12 21.43%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-19-2011, 06:17 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,626,646 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Unfortunately common sense is underrated by a lot of christians.

Old 07-19-2011, 08:08 PM

1,248 posts, read 1,258,158 times
Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people? The question implies that Jesus is not God!

Human logic verses spiritual understanding is like mixing oil and water.

The question definitely is on the side of human logic and has no spiritual revelation.

The spiritual revelation is that God will save all people.

What percentage of either are we? Fence straddlers?

Blessings, AJ

Last edited by look3467; 07-19-2011 at 09:02 PM.. Reason: Correction from personal to general

Old 07-19-2011, 09:50 PM

28,956 posts, read 16,373,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Indeed, that will be some party. Make sure you show up earing the robe of salvation.

You forgot the second half of the verse, because it once again clarifies there are those who enter and those who will not: “Come!” Let the one who is thirsty come; and let the one who wishes take the free gift of the water of life.

and also...rememebr to always read the whole chapter as opposed to cherry picking half verses here and there out of context.

Revelation 22 “Blessed are those who wash their robes, that they may have the right to the tree of life and may go through the gates into the city. 15 Outside are the dogs, those who practice magic arts, the sexually immoral, the murderers, the idolaters and everyone who loves and practices falsehood.

And of course:

Revelation 21 He said to me: “It is done. I am the Alpha and the Omega, the Beginning and the End. To the thirsty I will give water without cost from the spring of the water of life. 7 Those who are victorious will inherit all this, and I will be their God and they will be my children. 8 But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice magic arts, the idolaters and all liars—they will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur. This is the second death.”
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice
magic arts, the idolaters and all liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

And there will be weeping, as the dross is removed:

1) Fear imposed by men will be a thing of the past.
2) Those who cannot believe now; will.
3) The offensive and contemptible receive correction.
4) Premeditation will no longer exist, there will be no hatred.
5) Licentious or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.
6) Reality will replace the delusions of men.
7) Mankind will not pursue the idols of their own selfish hearts.
8) All will come to the full knowledge of the truth.

The words of a gentle-whisperer are like delicious morsels.
They go down into the inner most parts of the human body!

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-25-2011 at 06:44 AM.. Reason: personal insults

Old 07-19-2011, 10:17 PM

7,374 posts, read 8,764,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by look3467 View Post
Will Christ fail to accomplish Gods desire to save all people? The question implies that Jesus is not God!

Human logic verses spiritual understanding is like mixing oil and water.

The question definitely is on the side of human logic and has no spiritual revelation.

The spiritual revelation is that God will save all people.

What percentage of either are we? Fence straddlers?

Blessings, AJ
I think you may be reading a little more in to it then i intended. It is not a question that is necessarily concerned with the nature of Christ as deity, as it is a question concerned with his being the manifestation of the living word of God.

Old 07-22-2011, 06:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironmaw1776 View Post
I think you may be reading a little more in to it then i intended. It is not a question that is necessarily concerned with the nature of Christ as deity, as it is a question concerned with his being the manifestation of the living word of God.
The word is just another name for God. "Joh 1:14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth."

The word is life: Luk 4:36 And they were all amazed, and spake among themselves, saying, What a word is this! for with authority and power he commandeth the unclean spirits, and they come out.

If we don't have the word in us, we don't have life. 1Jo 1:10 If we say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.

So yes, Christ's nature and manifestation are one and the same, for Christ is the word confirmed.

Blessings, AJ

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-25-2011 at 06:46 AM.. Reason: red font is reserved for moderation, you may use any of the other colors, thanks

Old 07-23-2011, 11:02 PM

63,822 posts, read 40,118,744 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
But the cowardly, the unbelieving, the vile, the murderers, the sexually immoral, those who practice
magic arts, the idolaters and all liars
will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

5) Licentious
or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.

You should attempt to comprehend the theme throughout the Scriptures;
Not a verse or two according to your own "tree" of knowledge.

Old 07-24-2011, 09:46 AM

5,303 posts, read 6,437,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rodgertutt View Post
IMO it is an empty gesture to go through the motions of “giving all the glory to God,” while at the same time believing that good decisions ultimately owe their existence to one’s own self.

Old 07-24-2011, 11:41 AM

8,435 posts, read 10,533,061 times
Moderator cut: orphaned

It is obvious that a god who tortures his own offspring is not worthy of worship! Yet people still think they have to appease an angry god. If that were the case, atheism would be gone by now don't you think?

On one hand, people want to believe that angry god has been appeased by Christ's sacrifice, once for all.. But then on the other hand, they want to require ANOTHER sacrifice for the non-believers. It makes no sense at all.

Last edited by Miss Blue; 07-25-2011 at 06:59 AM.. Reason: quoted post has been deleted

Old 07-24-2011, 12:40 PM

3,153 posts, read 3,408,708 times
Exclamation "The theme throughout the scriptures"

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerwade View Post
magic arts, the idolaters and all liars will be consigned to the fiery lake of burning sulfur.

5) Licentious or lascivious will not be present, nor unrestrained.

You should attempt to comprehend the theme throughout the Scriptures;
Not a verse or two according to your own "tree" of knowledge.
A famous theologian, (I can't remember which one) said, "You tell me what kind of God you see in the Bible, and I will know what kind of person you are."

According to ETers God will sustain people alive in an inescapable state of everlasting suffering for the purpose of eternally demonstrating to the rest of His creation how "holy" and "just" He is. Apparantly, that is the theme they see throughout the scriptures.

Back in the 1970's I said to my former ET boss, "It's as if God says, 'Unless you are lucky enough to find out about my son during this lifetime, and even if you are that lucky, if you don’t have the good sense to cooperate with my son properly before you die, then I am going to raise you from the dead and I will sustain you alive in an inescapable state of eternal torment forever,' and we are supposed to believe that God is love?”

And my former ET boss said to me, "Yes, that is God's definition of love not ours."

I think I said this before, but for me, the greatest manifestation of God's grace in action on this earth is that anyone can believe that and not go stark raving mad thinking about it. Here are the testimonies of many people who suffered the way that I suffered over my inability to love or trust an ET god.
THE CONSEQUENSES OF ETERNAL TORMENT TEACHING
Fruit from the Teaching of Hell

I'm sure that if I had not learned of the UR point of view about what the Bible teaches I would have, many years ago, been locked away in a mental hospital for the rest of my life.

Old 07-24-2011, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
Obviously???

It is obvious that a god who tortures his own offspring is not worthy of worship! Yet people still think they have to appease an angry god. If that were the case, atheism would be gone by now don't you think?

On one hand, people want to believe that angry god has been appeased by Christ's sacrifice, once for all.. But then on the other hand, they want to require ANOTHER sacrifice for the non-believers. It makes no sense at all.
God tortured no one, lets establish that right now! Mankind did! Don't you see....mankind has not the will to be perfect as God is, that is why we are the lesser gods.
We were subjected to this world of vanity for the test. How else do you think we could know any difference between what is right or what is wrong? In the biblical case: Good and evil.

You or I could not even exist to even be discussing any differences in views were it not that we were first given the ability to.

Non-believers are subject to whatever sources are available to the human realm of thinking limiting their ability to see things spiritually to understand the things of God.

The angry God dilemma is human conjured up theory thereby subject to its consequences.
Jesus revealed not an angry God but a loving God.

Quite the opposite wouldn't you say?

Remember, we are in the flesh and whatever thoughts apart from Godly thoughts are strictly fleshly. Oil and water.

Blessings, AJ
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity