Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-26-2011, 04:47 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
When he has brought out all his own, he goes on ahead of them, and his sheep follow him because they know his voice.But they will never follow a stranger .

in fact, they will run away from him because they do not recognize a stranger’s voice.”

John 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Yes, I have read that before. Was that meant for another thread?
No it was meant for you.
What you said below is not what Jesus says about the voice of strangers(false teachers)

Quote:
Why do you think Jesus repeatedly warned about false teachers?
Quote:
Because they are capable of leading people to destruction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:
No it was meant for you.What you said below is not what Jesus says about the voice of strangers(false teachers)
I didn't say anything about the verse you talk about. You threw it out there and argued it as if you were arguing my point.

The Bible talks about false teachers in many pleaces. What do ferocious wolves do? They kill and destroy. False teachers deceive people off the path which leads to eternal life, and all other path leads to destruction. So, yes, they do lead people to destruction.

Matt 7:15 Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

and

But a prophet who presumes to speak in my name anything I have not commanded him to say, or a prophet who speaks in the name of other gods, must be put to death

You may say to yourselves, “How can we know when a message has not been spoken by the LORD ?” 22 If what a prophet proclaims in the name of the LORD does not take place or come true, that is a message the LORD has not spoken. That prophet has spoken presumptuously. Do not be afraid of him.

Then the LORD said to me, “The prophets are prophesying lies in my name. I have not sent them or appointed them or spoken to them. They are prophesying to you false visions, divinations, idolatries and the delusions of their own minds

This is what the LORD Almighty says: “Do not listen to what the prophets are prophesying to you; they fill you with false hopes. They speak visions from their own minds, not from the mouth of the LORD.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:27 PM

Finn Jarber you said "false teachers are capable of leading people to destruction"

Jesus said "His sheep follow him because they know his voice.But they will never follow a stranger" .

Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Finn Jarber you said "false teachers are capable of leading people to destruction"

Jesus said "His sheep follow him because they know his voice.But they will never follow a stranger" .
I guess His repeated warning were a moot point then

HIS SHEEP are believers, and THEY know HIS voice because they are familiar with Him. Unbelievers do not know the voice of the Lord, and therefore are easlily led astray by false teachers.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:30 PM

14,076 posts, read 20,532,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticPhD View Post
This is the favorite anti-UR straw man, legoman. They will not answer your questions directly. They will continue to respond AS IF these absurd allegations about UR are true. There ARE CONSEQUENCES. BUT . . . Finn and the others here just think they are "no biggie" if they aren't ET (or at least last forever). It seems that reaping what we sow is insufficient for the vengeance in the hearts of Finn and others . . . though they try to say it is God who harbors the vengeance because of His Holiness and desire for justice. That sure seems far more satanic than a loving God chastising His children for a purpose.
Finn's major assumption . . . and it is patently false given his own proclaimed status as saved. If he is saved now why isn't he "snorting and living it up with sex, etc.?"[
The confusion over salvation achieved for us all BY Christ and our sanctification by our efforts (works) in "love of God and each other" has been too deeply ingrained over the 2000+ years of corrupted Gospel, legoman. They cannot separate them and simply conflate them in their confusion.
If the Gospel which teaches salvation by faith, and faith alone, is available to anyone who wants it is corrupted, what "gospel" are you teaching from?

Old 07-26-2011, 05:39 PM

Quote:
I guess His repeated warning were a moot point then

HIS SHEEP are believers, and THEY know HIS voice because they are familiar with Him. Unbelievers do not know the voice of the Lord, and therefore are easlily led astray by false teachers.
So Jesus is now teaching unbelievers who according to you can't hear or recognize the voice of God about false teachers. You couldn't make it up.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
So Jesus is now teaching unbelievers who according to you can't hear or recognize the voice of God about false teachers. You couldn't make it up.
Why did Jesus repeatedly warn people about false teachers? Why is it important that they are identified and exposed? Think about that while you open a new thread about that topic. It is typical that you come in only to argue. There are false teachers among believers and unbelievers.

2 Peter 2 But there were also false prophets among the people, just as there will be false teachers among you. They will secretly introduce destructive heresies, even denying the sovereign Lord who bought them—bringing swift destruction on themselves. 2 Many will follow their depraved conduct and will bring the way of truth into disrepute. 3 In their greed these teachers will exploit you with fabricated stories. Their condemnation has long been hanging over them, and their destruction has not been sleeping.

Old 07-26-2011, 05:50 PM

Quote:
Why did Jesus repeatedly warn people about false teachers? Why is it important that they are identified and exposed? Think about that while you open a new thread about that topic.
Repeatedly ?

I think i will leave it with my last post.

Quote:
Unbelievers do not know the voice of the Lord, and therefore are easlily led astray by false teachers.

Quote:

Old 07-26-2011, 06:24 PM

Quote:
I think i will leave it with my last post.
Thanks, and if you want to change the topic you can always open a new thread. Try it, it is easy and fun.

Old 07-26-2011, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Thanks, and if you want to change the topic you can always open a new thread. Try it, it is easy and fun.
I changed the topic by challenging your belief on false teachers,with scripture ?, you truely are a wind up merchant.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity