Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2011, 08:22 AM

11,123 posts, read 6,388,135 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewEnglandYank View Post
So everytime Jesus spoke, it was in parables?
To the disbelieving- YES
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2011, 08:24 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pneuma View Post
The faithful would not be captive in prison
I didn't say they were. I said the faithful were in Abraham's boson, but he made the proclamation to the fallen angels who were in prison.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:37 AM

Quote:
There is no scripture reference to support your view. To merely give an opinion is to be one's own authorirty.

You cannot take the words "to day " to mean just one day or that very day.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

To day hear means more then just that day it mean daily which is more then one or that day.

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Was Jesus only begotten of God at this time or was He always the begotten son of God?

One day with the Lord is as a 1000 years.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:40 AM

58 posts, read 87,941 times
Quote:
You cannot take the words "to day " to mean just one day or that very day.

But exhort one another daily, while it is called To day; lest any of you be hardened through the deceitfulness of sin.

To day hear means more then just that day it mean daily which is more then one or that day.

So also Christ glorified not himself to be made an high priest; but he that said unto him, Thou art my Son, to day have I begotten thee.

Was Jesus only begotten of God at this time or was He always the begotten son of God?

One day with the Lord is as a 1000 years.
I am not disputing that 1 day with God is like a 1,000 years. What I am disputing is your unsupported view that Jesus meant that the thief would be with Him for the 1,000 yr. millenium.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:45 AM

Quote:
Do you believe in universal salvation?

I believe that God sent His son to save the world; therefore, the world must then be saved, or Jesus failed to do that which God sent Him to do. Which would be missing the mark of His calling which would be a sin. After all the scriptures do proclaim Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world.

Quote:
NOW is the day of salvation. This means in this lifetime while we are alive. We must choose today, because we don't know if we will have tomorrow.

Who says it means in this life time? Do you not believe in the resurrection of the dead?

Old 07-26-2011, 08:50 AM

Quote:
I am not disputing that 1 day with God is like a 1,000 years. What I am disputing is your unsupported view that Jesus meant that the thief would be with Him for the 1,000 yr. millenium.
Well do you not beleive that you will reign with Christ for a 1000 years?
If so why do you beleive it, is it not because Jesus said that you would be with Him in paradise the day you accepted Him.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:53 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,629,107 times
Quote:

I believe that God sent His son to save the world; therefore, the world must then be saved, or Jesus failed to do that which God sent Him to do. Which would be missing the mark of His calling which would be a sin. After all the scriptures do proclaim Jesus Christ is the saviour of the world.
Who says it means in this life time? Do you not believe in the resurrection of the dead?
To be exact, God loved the world and sent His son to save those who believe.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Old 07-26-2011, 08:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I didn't say they were. I said the faithful were in Abraham's boson, but he made the proclamation to the fallen angels who were in prison.
What you said was this

Quote:
Yes, indeed, they were fallen angels from the times of Noah's flood. They were in hades, and Christ did not preach to them, He made a proclamation. The Bible does not say what he told them, but it says that after making the proclamation He led the faithful out of the good side of hades (aka paradise / Abraham's bosom) and to heaven where they are now. At this point only those who died in their sins are still in hades.
and we are speaking of Jesus preaching to the spirits in PRISON

therefore you did say abes bosom was a prison because you said Jesus preached to them and lead them out of the prison.

Oh and you forgot it says he preached to the DISOBEDIENT. care to explain how those who were faith to God are said to be DISOBEDIENT?

Old 07-26-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
To be exact, God loved the world and sent His son to save those who believe.

John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

That scripture does not make these scriptures lies.

John 4:42
42 And said unto the woman, Now we believe, not because of thy saying: for we have heard him ourselves, and know that this is indeed the Christ, the Saviour of the world.

Until you stop listening to all the other voices and start to listen to only Him you will never see and know what these people seen and knew which is Christ IS THE SAVIOUR OF THE WORLD.

1 John 4:14-15
14 And we have seen and do testify that the Father sent the Son the Saviour of the world. 15 Whosoever shall confess that Jesus is the Son of God, God dwelleth in him, and he in God.

Now we know that confession is made unto salvation, that now one can say Jesus Christ is Lord except by the Holy spirit and we know that every knee shall bow and tongue confess that Jesus Christ is Lord.

We also know that whosoever confess that Jesus Christ is the Son of God, God DWELLETH IN HIM AND HE IN GOD.

Old 07-26-2011, 09:17 AM

11,825 posts, read 12,493,260 times
I was prepared to answer the question by simply stating ... yes.

Jesus went there after he died ...but not to offer a different plan of salvation so as they can escape their condemnation.
Any one who suggests that a person can escape hell is in direct oppostion to the truth. They're speaking for their father...unlike those who speak for our Father, who is God.

Just a correction....
  • Jesus died for all the sins of the world. So he is not a failure. John 3:16
The failure is on those who do not believe. Those who reject are calling God a liar in some way shape or form. They trust in other false gospels from false teachers that scratch their itching ears.

God however calls them a liar 1 John 5:10 and gets the last word. The last thing the liars get to hear is Matthew 25:45-46

The only course left for liars is accuse God of being unfair, unjust and to argue over word meanings and then offer their rubber stamp gospel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity