Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 08:29 PM

124 posts, read 166,548 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
If you lift up the Son of Man, then you will realize that I AM, and that I do nothing on my own, but I only say what the Lord has taught me.
For the one who sent me is with me. He has not deserted me, because I always do what pleases him. If you do not come to believe I AM, you will surely die in your sins.

I came to you in my Father's name and you do not accept me ,but let someone come in his own name and him you will accept.

If only you recognized Gods gift and who it is who's writing to you, you would have asked Him and he would have given you living water.

The Lord Jesus who sent me has testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
and you do not have his word remaining in you, because you do not believe in the One whom he has sent. Search the scriptures if you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.
But you do not want to come to me to have life.

The Lord God does nothing without revealing His plan to His servants the PROPHET'S.

The just mans mouth speaks wisdom, and his tongue does what is right.The law of his God is in his heart an he will never stumble.

Psalms;

"Blessed are those whose way is blameless, who walk in the law of the Lord.

I remember your name in the night, O Lord, and keep your law.

Let your mercy come to me, that I may live; for your law is my joy".

The works I do in my Father's name testify to me. If I do not perform my Father's works, do not believe me;
but if I perform them, even if you do not believe me, put faith in the works, so that you may realize that the Lord is in me and I am in the Lord.
Nowhere in Scripture is it ever said that our Heavenly Father and Creator has a "secret name". In fact as I have previously made known, Father Yahweh said that His people will know His Name. Also, Yahshua in communication ("prayer") with his and our Heavenly Father WHO IS IN HEAVEN when he himself was HERE ON EARTH (or "IN THE WORLD") said that he had made His Name known unto the men that Father Yahweh had GIVEN him OUT OF THE WORLD.

I have made Your Name known unto the men that You gave me out of the world: Yours they were, and You gave them to me; and they have kept Your word (Yahchanan [John] 17:6).

Technically, I never said His Name was "Yawheh"! I said His Name is YAHWEH! You also said "I know the name of the Lord." If it is "a secret" as you have previously said, how is it that you know it? Was YOUR "Lord's" secret name revealed to you and maybe others and were you instructed to keep it a secret from others? If so, where or by what means were you instructed to keep it a secret from others? As for the "new name mentioned in Revelation 3:12, this is Yahshua speaking and this "new name" is not in reference to our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name, but to his own name, since he does say "... MY new name." Now, I would like you to note what it says in Revelation 19:16:

"On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND MASTER OF MASTERS."

Many times in translation the word 'name' is used for the word 'title'. From what is seen in the above verse, this in not in actuality a 'name', but more technically a title. Actually, what is revealed here in this verse has already been revealed, since Yahshua stated "ALL power (authority) in Heaven and in the Earth has been GIVEN to me" (Mattithyah [Matthew] 28:18). The only one who could GIVE Yahshua ALL power (authority) in Heaven and in the Earth is the One Who he has clearly proclaimed to be greater than he (Yahchanan [John] 14:28), and that would most certainly be his and our Father Yahweh.

Another fact is, I do not worship YOUR "Lord God" so, I am most certainly not giving reference to YOUR "Lord God" and the name you believe YOUR "Lord God" to be.

It is my understanding from my study of Scripture that when Yahshua ["Jesus"] communicated ["prayed"] to his and our Father Yahweh Almighty ["the LORD GOD"] WHO IS IN HEAVEN when he himself was HERE ON EARTH [or "IN THE WORLD"] that he made it very clear to Him that he had made His Name known unto the men that He had given him from the world. This fact, in what is recorded shows me that without a doubt that they used our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name.

I have made Your Name known unto the men which You gave me out of the world: Yours they were, and You gave them to me; and they have kept Your word (Yahchanan [John] 17:6). By clicking on the hyperlinked Scriptural text you will see diverse translations of this verse. I would like for you to note that in a number of these translation that it seems that the translators are trying to hide the fact that the Messiah specifically made his and our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name known to his disciples and fellow Apostles. Following is one of these translations:

New Living Translation (©2007)
"I have revealed you to the ones you gave me from this world. They were always yours. You gave them to me, and they have kept your word (John 17:6).

Note that the word 'name' is not used in this translation and a number of the other translations of this verse.

Many believe that our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name was not used (* called upon, proclaimed, published, and etc.) by Yahshua's disciples (students) and his fellow Apostles (those sent forth) as the Scripture they relied upon for their doctrine (teaching) instructed them to do (cf. 2 Timothy 3:16,17). What you will find in these many translations that are used today is not His Name being used, but instead mere titles such as "the LORD" and "God". Scripture clearly instructs that we are not to add unto or take away from Father Yahweh's propehetic word (Deuteronomy 4:2; 12:32; Proverbs 30:5-6; Revelation 22:18-19; Galatians 1:6-12).

* Scripture clearly teaches that we are to set apart ("hallow {make holy}, sanctify"), revere ("fear"), remember, think upon, wait upon, walk in, trust in, love, seek, declare (proclaim), bless, publish, call upon, sing unto, praise, esteem ("glorify"), make known ("manifest"), and know His Name.

THE NAME YAHWEH

Since the so-called "Old Testament" is the only Scripture that the disciples (students) of Yahshua and his fellow Apostles (those sent forth) relied upon for their doctrine for reproof and correction and instruction in righteousness, do you not believe that they followed this instructive document as did their Master Yahshua? Note that the so-called "New Testament" had not yet been compiled at the time 2 Timothy 3:16-17 was being taught, so what was being referred to is the so-called "Old Testament".

I have compiled links to a number of articles below that prove without a doubt that the disciples (students) of Yahshua and his fellow Apostles (those sent forth) used (* called upon, proclaimed, published, and etc.) our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name. In fact, these articles will point out that what is taught in Scripture alone proves this fact and will direct you to Scripture verses and passages that proclaims this fact. The links that follow are links that I have compiled on my web page ( http://frank4yahweh.tripod.com/YHWH.html ) along with many other scholarly sources on the Name Yahweh (pros and cons).

YaHWeH In The New Testament

Is The Name YHWH in the New Testament?

The Holy Name in the New Testament

The Holy Name in the Original Hebrew/Greek

Is "Lord" (Kyrios) the name of God in the Greek Scriptures?

The Holy Name of Yahweh in the Testaments
OR
[PDF] Version
The Twelve Tribe Torah Institute, Inc.

Hebrew Roots/Neglected Commandments/Honouring His Name/NT-usage
WIKIBOOKS

Did the Messiah say the Heavenly Father's Name?
EliYAH

Our Savior Spoke the Sacred Name
Peter tells us in 1Peter 2:21 that Yahshua was our example and that we should follow in His steps. If He called on His Father’s Name Yahweh, then so must we. Here’s proof that He did exactly that!
Yahweh's Assembly In Yahshua

YHWH in the New Testament
This article is a English version of a Italian article published on the catholic magazine, edited from Dehonian friars, "Rivista Biblica", year XLV, n. 2, April-June 1997, p. 183-186. Bologna, Italy

In Journal of Biblical Literature, George Howard of the University of Georgia wrote:
“We know for a fact that Greek-speaking Jews continued to write יהוה within their Greek Scriptures. Moreover, it is most unlikely that early conservative G...reek-speaking Jewish Christians varied from this practice. Although in secondary references to God they probably used the words [God] and [Lord], it would have been extremely unusual for them to have dismissed the Tetragram from the biblical text itself. . . . Since the Tetragram was still written in the copies of the Greek Bible which made up the Scriptures of the early church, it is reasonable to believe that the N[ew] T[estament] writers, when quoting from Scripture, preserved the Tetragram within the biblical text. . . . But when it was removed from the Greek O[ld] T[estament], it was also removed from the quotations of the O[ld] T[estament] in the N[ew] T[estament]. Thus somewhere around the beginning of the second century the use of surrogates [substitutes] must have crowded out the Tetragram in both Testaments.”—Vol. 96, No. 1, March 1977, pp. 76, 77

The Tetragrammaton and the Christian Greek Scriptures
The Complete Book
(http://www.tetragrammaton.org/tetra5.htm - broken link)CLICK HERE for downloadable Word files or CLICK HERE for PDF files with full font reproduction.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-04-2011, 01:24 AM

335 posts, read 375,777 times
Un-Princely, Jesus gave the example to glorify God's name in his model prayer.

He also stated that he had "made his name known, and will make it known" in John 17:26.

Yet you have done, neither.

You exclude yourself by your own words.

Unless of course you can make that name known yourself?

Put up or shut up.

Don't get so Pharisaical that you actually think you are something you are not.

Just some Amharet advice.

Old 10-04-2011, 08:00 AM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driftwood2011 View Post
Un-Princely, Jesus gave the example to glorify God's name in his model prayer.

He also stated that he had "made his name known, and will make it known" in John 17:26.

Yet you have done, neither.

You exclude yourself by your own words.

Unless of course you can make that name known yourself?

Put up or shut up.

Don't get so Pharisaical that you actually think you are something you are not.

Just some Amharet advice.
I will make it known and have made it known but as of yet not to you because you are not my sheep.

I will reveal myself to those who keep the commandments they have from me,to those who love me and keep my words.

The works I do in my Fathers name bear witness for me.But you do not want to come to me to possess that life.

Live on in my love and walk in the light,then you will have understanding and the truth will set you free.

I am the first and I am the last the ONE who lives, once I died but now I live forever and ever.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:45 AM

1,837 posts, read 1,961,779 times
Wow... thank you Frank for such an awesome thread about the Holy name. Personally, I pronounce it Yahua (Yah-whowa). That's very close to the way you pronounce it. The difference is the last part. Oh and this thread is veeeeery revealing Frank. I really appreciate you posting this. Don't be discouraged brother, nor decieved. Sometimes we all can be decieved but be sure your blessed for knowing this.

Oh have you heard of ISR's translation called "The Scriptures"? It has His Holy name in the original Hebrew letters!!! Love it!!! I currently have that request on my prayer list. Oh and I do know the New Living Translation has huge errors (especially the verse where Yahushua tells us that some demons wont come out except by fasting and prayer. It simply says prayer. Yikes!) but I like reading it because it's a powerfull hearing of the Word of Elohim. If I didn't know where the errors were I wouldn't read it (if the Word wasn't already in my heart).

Oh and what's your opinion of the "Nazarites"? That's the name of a Messianic fellowship that calls themselves the Nazarites. I think they "come out of her" about as much as you possibly can, but I don't know everything about them of course.

May Yahua's blessing's be upon you. I bless you in the name of Yahushua... So Be It.

Old 10-04-2011, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
For real. This thread is like a bad trip. Sheesh!
Well, I wouldn't say this "thread" is like a bad trip, but some of the posts do remind me of my weed smoking days.

And that's not supposed to be funny people...

Old 10-04-2011, 12:04 PM

Yahweh - YouTube

Old 10-04-2011, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank4YAHWEH View Post
Nowhere in Scripture is it ever said that our Heavenly Father and Creator has a "secret name". In fact as I have previously made known, Father Yahweh said that His people will know His Name. Also, Yahshua in communication ("prayer") with his and our Heavenly Father WHO IS IN HEAVEN when he himself was HERE ON EARTH (or "IN THE WORLD") said that he had made His Name known unto the men that Father Yahweh had GIVEN him OUT OF THE WORLD.

I have made Your Name known unto the men that You gave me out of the world: Yours they were, and You gave them to me; and they have kept Your word (Yahchanan [John] 17:6).

Technically, I never said His Name was "Yawheh"! I said His Name is YAHWEH! You also said "I know the name of the Lord." If it is "a secret" as you have previously said, how is it that you know it? Was YOUR "Lord's" secret name revealed to you and maybe others and were you instructed to keep it a secret from others? If so, where or by what means were you instructed to keep it a secret from others? As for the "new name mentioned in Revelation 3:12, this is Yahshua speaking and this "new name" is not in reference to our Heavenly Father and Creator's Name, but to his own name, since he does say "... MY new name." Now, I would like you to note what it says in Revelation 19:16:

"On his robe and on his thigh he has this name written: KING OF KINGS AND MASTER OF MASTERS."

Many times in translation the word 'name' is used for the word 'title'. From what is seen in the above verse, this in not in actuality a 'name', but more technically a title. Actually, what is revealed here in this verse has already been revealed, since Yahshua stated "ALL power (authority) in Heaven and in the Earth has been GIVEN to me" (Mattithyah [Matthew] 28:18). The only one who could GIVE Yahshua ALL power (authority) in Heaven and in the Earth is the One Who he has clearly proclaimed to be greater than he (Yahchanan [John] 14:28), and that would most certainly be his and our Father Yahweh.

Another fact is, I do not worship YOUR "Lord God" so, I am most certainly not giving reference to YOUR "Lord God" and the name you believe YOUR "Lord God" to be.
Judges 13:18 Why do you ask my name, it is a mystery ?

The name of the Lord has been hidden for centuries.Of course it doesn't come right out and say that.But there is a reference.The bible says what the name is in a number of other ways.The Lord will not let sinners see it or hear it. It is not for those who will not repent and come to me.

Like I said; "I revealed your name to those whom you gave me out of the world. They belonged to you, and you gave them to me, and they have kept your word.

The key is to keep my commandments and the word of the Lord. Do this and you will live.

Old 10-04-2011, 02:28 PM

Default Things That Make Me and Frank Go Hmmm

Hey Frank. Here's some food for thought. Ok, we see the Apostles using Yahushua's name (correctly transliterated) and telling Him that even the demons obey when they use His name. Then we see in acts, the Pharisees' only concern is for them to "stop using that name" - the correctly transliterated name of Yahushua!

Wow, now think about what's going on today and the name of "Jesus" which is way far away from that correctly transliterated name. That comes from the Greek Iesous, and if spoken in Spanish it accually sounds like "Hey-Zuess". Anyway, I'm not throwing any stones or asking them to stop or trying to convince anyone to stop, but think about what's going on here. We say the correctly transliterate name and they are accually trying to stop us and convince us that it's better to say "Jesus". Wow. Shouldn't it be the other way around? Doesn't this tell us something here? I'm so thankfull to know and say the powerfull name of Yahushua. So Be It!!!

Old 10-04-2011, 03:00 PM

His name is not Yahweh or Yahushua or anything like a human name, it is a mystery to sinners, it is divine in nature.Only the divine know it.It is impossible for man to be saved but everything is possible for God.

Old 10-04-2011, 07:33 PM

124 posts, read 166,548 times
Default Do You Believe Yourself To Be The Messiah, Or What?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
I will make it known and have made it known but as of yet not to you because you are not my sheep.

I will reveal myself to those who keep the commandments they have from me,to those who love me and keep my words.

The works I do in my Fathers name bear witness for me.But you do not want to come to me to possess that life.

Live on in my love and walk in the light,then you will have understanding and the truth will set you free.

I am the first and I am the last the ONE who lives, once I died but now I live forever and ever.
Sounds to me like you are trying to play FALSE Messiah here, since none of what you have said above is from any translation of Scripture, although it uses choice words and phrases the TRUE Messiah used. We here are most certainly NOT YOUR sheep!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity