Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 12:55 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Yes they are.

Jesus was speaking of the two flocks of His Sheep (believers)...the first flock being of the Jews of which He first came to save, and the second flock being of the Gentiles of which He also came to save.

His Sheep know His voice and follow Him.

Indeed, everyone, because people only believe because God loved them first, so there is no one that can be left out, since he loves us all.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2011, 12:59 PM

5,438 posts, read 5,946,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katiemygirl View Post
To those who obey (Hebrews 5:9, Acts 5:32)

Katie
Exactly.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:01 PM

17,966 posts, read 15,975,571 times
Quote:
In Galatians 3 and 4 God tells us to whom He promised the inheritance of eternal life. It specifically tells us that those who are born of God's Spirit, through faith in Jesus Christ, will receive the promise given to ABRAHAM AND HIS SEED...note that it's not all seed (all people), but only HIS SEED. ONLY through faith in Jesus Christ is one considered a seed of Abraham, a Son of God and an heir.
I thought it was interesting you said "through faith in Jesus Christ." However, in a properly translated bible showing the genitive case "of" we have this:

Gal 2:16 having perceived that a man is not being justified by works of law,
except alone through the faith of Christ Jesus, we also believe in Christ Jesus
that we may be justified by the faith of Christ and not by works of law,
seeing that by works of law shall no flesh at all be justified."

Not only that but Abraham's seed is Jesus Christ. Paul said:

Gal_3:16 Now to Abraham the promises were declared, and to his Seed. He
is not saying "And to seeds,as of many, but as of One: And to "your
Seed, which is Christ
."

Old 11-01-2011, 01:10 PM

2,526 posts, read 2,938,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
Paul deceives you....
lol....so Luke and everyone else are in on this too, huh?

Act 9:15 But the Lord said unto him, Go thy way: for he is a chosen vessel unto me, to bear my name before the Gentiles, and kings, and the children of Israel:

Moderator cut: delete

Last edited by Miss Blue; 11-01-2011 at 02:42 PM.. Reason: Doubliny your dose is insulting

Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM

910 posts, read 1,338,754 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Indeed, everyone, because people only believe because God loved them first, so there is no one that can be left out, since he loves us all.
Eternal life is for those who believe. You need to read John 14 to John 16 very well and hear from Christ himself. You need to practice his word before he and his father comes to abide in you and before you are his own. Otherwise, you are still of the world.

But another truth is that the Father loves all, even those who have not known Christ, hence he allows the rain to also fall on them. There are those who will know God directly through Christ and there are those who will know God indirectly through other sources. At the end of time, the kingdom led by Christ and established by God will prevail and all shall be aware of his presence. In my Father's house there are many mansions, if it were not so, I would have told you!

Old 11-01-2011, 01:54 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlbron View Post
Eternal life is for those who believe.
I never said it wasn't.

Old 11-01-2011, 09:11 PM

461 posts, read 480,927 times
Quote:
Yes they are.

Jesus was speaking of the two flocks of His Sheep (believers)...the first flock being of the Jews of which He first came to save, and the second flock being of the Gentiles of which He also came to save.

His Sheep know His voice and follow Him.

You should get the words right and follow me. I am the good shepherd, I know my sheep and my sheep know me,
just as the Father knows me and I know the Father; To these sheep I will give my life..
My sheep hear my voice; I know them, and they follow me.
I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish.

Quote:
Scripture says;
Justice will bring about peace; right will produce calm and security.

Who of us can live with the consuming fire? who of us can live with the everlasting flames? He who does what is right and speaks the truth.

Look in the book of the Lord and read: No one of these shall be lacking, For the mouth of the Lord has ordered it, and his spirit shall gather them there.

Here is my servant, whom I uphold, my chosen one with whom I am pleased; upon whom I have put my Spirit, he will proclaim justice to the nations.
My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.
If you are going to judge , judge justly.

I am the gate to heaven anyone who enters by me will be saved.

Old 11-01-2011, 11:04 PM

697 posts, read 1,072,487 times
God decides.
Romans 9:15 - For he said to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Old 11-02-2011, 01:27 AM

5,965 posts, read 7,020,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SmalltownKSgirl View Post
God decides.
Romans 9:15 - For he said to Moses, I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
Exactly! That settles it.

Old 11-02-2011, 11:43 AM

461 posts, read 480,927 times
Man has been shown the way to salvation.The son of man is the way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity