Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-31-2011, 11:12 AM

33,251 posts, read 26,463,354 times

Advertisements

Person number one believes that the Bible is the word of God. The other two do not believe the Bible is the word of God and do not trust it as the absolute standard of truth. They claim that they rely on the Holy Spirit alone to discern the truth.

Person number one: The Holy Spirit told me that hell exists. Just as the Bible says.

Person number two: The Holy Spirit told me that hell doesn't exist.

Person number three: The Holy Spirit told me that hell exists but it is only temporary.

Person number one: The Holy Spirit told me that Satan exists. Just as the Bible says.

Person number two: The Holy Spirit told me that Satan doesn't exist.

Person number three: The Holy Spirit told me that we are Satan.

Person number one: The Holy Spirit told me that Jesus Christ is God. Just as the Bible says.

Person number two: The Holy Spirit told me that Jesus Christ isn't God.

Person number three: The Holy Spirit hasn't got with me on that yet.

Person number one: The Holy Spirit told me that heaven is real. Just as the Bible says.

Person number two: The Holy Spirit told me that heaven doesn't exist.

Person number three: The Holy Spirit told me that heaven is within us.

Person number one: The Holy Spirit told me that you must believe in Jesus Christ to be saved. Just as the Bible says.

Person number two: The Holy Spirit told me that everyone is already saved.

Person number three: The Holy Spirit told me that everyone isn't saved yet but eventually will be.

If you reject the absolute truth which is revealed in the word of God, what you get are people who claim that the Holy Spirit tells them things which are contrary to what other people are claiming the Holy Spirit tells them.

The Holy Spirit will NEVER lead anyone to believe anything which is not revealed in the word of God. To believe anything which is not taught in the Bible.

God the Holy Spirit shines a light on what the Scriptures teach.

Old 10-31-2011, 11:15 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,004 times
Adding the words "just as the bible says" doesn't mean that the person was given a truth by the holy spirit.

The Holy Spirit told me God will save all mankind, just as the bible says.

Boy that was easy.

See

Old 10-31-2011, 11:18 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,824,295 times
The holy spirit can turn you into an allien that does not blend in or fit comfortably into the world...You are taking your chances absorbing that powerful force...You wanna be the host - go ahead but be prepared to be disliked and maybe get real broke not having the mark of beasty boy on you head...lol.

Old 11-01-2011, 01:44 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,796,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Adding the words "just as the bible says" doesn't mean that the person was given a truth by the holy spirit.

The Holy Spirit told me God will save all mankind, just as the bible says.

Boy that was easy.

See
Did you read John 3?

Old 11-01-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmiej View Post
Did you read John 3?

Does John 3 have to do with adding words to make something appear to be correct?

Old 11-01-2011, 02:49 PM

15,706 posts, read 11,778,898 times
There are 35,000+ Christian denominations who cannot agree with each other. Apparently the Holy Spirit isn't doing a very good job based on the OPs premise.

And Btw Mike. The Bible tells me the sun revolves around the Earth. Clearly the Holy Spirit is indicating that to me, since my Bible says so. Do you agree?

Old 11-01-2011, 03:04 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiyero View Post
There are 35,000+ Christian denominations who cannot agree with each other. Apparently the Holy Spirit isn't doing a very good job based on the OPs premise.

And Btw Mike. The Bible tells me the sun revolves around the Earth. Clearly the Holy Spirit is indicating that to me, since my Bible says so. Do you agree?
The Bible does not say the Sun revolves around the earth. That is your interpretation even though you Know it was speaking to an unscientific populace. The scriptures only say it in a way that the people could understand. It is called common sense. Even today the common expression is, The sun is rising or setting. You refuse common sense. Your delight is only to pick apart what is Holy. How sad.

Old 11-01-2011, 03:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
That is your interpretation

The trinity doctrine is also an interpretation.

Old 11-01-2011, 04:28 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,542,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
The trinity doctrine is also an interpretation.
What is your point?

Old 11-01-2011, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
What is your point?
That interpretations are not inherantly holy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity