Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:04 AM

6,387 posts, read 6,369,999 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post

Well, God's word does not agree with what you are saying in this thread.....

There is NO righteousness in the man/woman who walk and practice sin as the scripture below describe.... and they will not inherit the Kingdom of God, nor can they see the Kingdom of God, unless they repent, become born again in Christ Jesus, the Savior of this world of darkness, unrighteousness....

God does NOT LIE !!

Revelation 21:27
And nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Cor.6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 21:7-8
7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

There are some here who spread heresy, false teaching and they have corrupt the word of God..... stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, showing you the deception of these false teachers who corrupt the precious word, truth of God.... amen !!
Hi CM!

I don't think anyone here is saying that God is a liar. (Well, some people imply that Jesus lied when He said that He came to save the world, but that's another story..)

And no one is saying that unrighteousness is accepted into heaven/the Kingdom.

So my question to you is: who are you to say how and when God saves a soul? The people that you consider unrighteous, God can save in the blink of an eye. So why do you write like you are holy and those not like you are going to hell?? God can do with each of us as He desires!

Blessings,
brian
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 09:09 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Well, God's word does not agree with what you are saying in this thread.....

There is NO righteousness in the man/woman who walk and practice sin as the scripture below describe.... and they will not inherit the Kingdom of God, nor can they see the Kingdom of God, unless they repent, become born again in Christ Jesus, the Savior of this world of darkness, unrighteousness....

God does NOT LIE !!

Revelation 21:27
And nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Cor.6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 21:7-8
7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

There are some here who spread heresy, false teaching and they have corrupt the word of God..... stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth, showing you the deception of these false teachers who corrupt the precious word, truth of God.... amen !!
Cyber so what are you going to do with all the scriptures in the Old Testament that speak of the righteous under that covenant ?. You cannot deny the scriptures that you believe is the word of God that it speaks of righteous people.

Old 11-16-2011, 09:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahigherway View Post
Hi CM!

I don't think anyone here is saying that God is a liar. (Well, some people imply that Jesus lied when He said that He came to save the world, but that's another story..)

And no one is saying that unrighteousness is accepted into heaven/the Kingdom.

So my question to you is: who are you to say how and when God saves a soul? The people that you consider unrighteous, God can save in the blink of an eye. So why do you write like you are holy and those not like you are going to hell?? God can do with each of us as He desires!

Blessings,
brian
It is the word of God telling us who are the righteous and the unrighteous, not me, I just gave the scripture that says who is the unrighteous and practice sin and God who says will not inherit the kingdom of God !!

Yes, God can save in a blink of an eye, yes, He can do as He desires.... and it seems through the word of God that He also tells us He will not saved those who continue to walk in their desires, sin, and also He tells us of those who will not be saved and inherit the kingdom of God

Old 11-16-2011, 09:14 AM

Quote:
It is the word of God telling us who are the righteous and the unrighteous, not me, I just gave the scripture that says who is the unrighteous and practice sin and God who says will not inherit the kingdom of God !!

Yes, God can save in a blink of an eye, yes, He can do as He desires.... and it seems through the word of God that He also tells us He will not saved those who continue to walk in their desires, sin, and also He tells us of those who will not be saved and inherit the kingdom of God
So then don't you think it's possible, that since some people are "unrighteous," that God will "clean them up" to get them into the Kingdom?

Sound too hard for Him?

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 09:23 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,698,675 times
Quote:
So then don't you think it's possible, that since some people are "unrighteous," that God will "clean them up" to get them into the Kingdom?

Sound too hard for Him?

Blessings,
brian
There you go, Brian.... there's the word, SOME !! not all !!!

Old 11-16-2011, 09:27 AM

Quote:
There you go, Brian.... there's the word, SOME !! not all !!!
Yes, SOME are still unrighteous. The rest are already righteous.

Did you ever read in Romans 5, that all the people made sinners because of Adam are being made righteous in Christ? Look:

"For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous." v.19

Isn't that good news??

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 09:32 AM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trettep View Post
So God forgave everyone but didn't make us righteous at the same time? Because if I'm not righteous then I would have to look at others as myself - not righteous.
Trettep I know you and I do not see eye to eye and the only thing we may have in common is the faith that God truely is the Savior of All.

I need to leave this forum for the foreseeable future due to the strife on it and of cause myself being involved in the strife, which I don't believe is where God wants me. I should have walked away months ago when the continual false accusations from a certain poster escalated.

I came across this scripture this morning

Like one who seizes a dog by the ears is a passer-by who meddles in a quarrel not his own. Proverbs 26:17 . To quarrel who is cut and hewn out the rock and your belief and what I believe is not my quarrel, all I can say is carry on believing what you do, that is cool with me.

So he said to Lot, “Let’s not have any quarreling between you and me, or between your herdsmen and mine, for we are brothers. 9Is not the whole land before you? Let’s part company. If you go to the left, I’ll go to the right; if you go to the right, I’ll go to the left.”

Old 11-16-2011, 09:38 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,640,534 times
Quote:

Sound too hard for Him?
You should read the parable of the wedding. It might help you understand.

The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 But they paid no attention and went off--one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless. 13 Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’

Old 11-16-2011, 09:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You should read the parable of the wedding. It might help you understand.

The kingdom of heaven is like a king who prepared a wedding banquet for his son. 3 He sent his servants to those who had been invited to the banquet to tell them to come, but they refused to come.

4 Then he sent some more servants and said, ‘Tell those who have been invited that I have prepared my dinner: My oxen and fattened cattle have been butchered, and everything is ready. Come to the wedding banquet.’

5 But they paid no attention and went off--one to his field, another to his business. 6 The rest seized his servants, mistreated them, and killed them. 7 The king was enraged. He sent his army and destroyed those murderers and burned their city.

8 Then he said to his servants, ‘The wedding banquet is ready, but those I invited did not deserve to come. 9 Go to the street corners and invite to the banquet anyone you find.’ 10 So the servants went out into the streets and gathered all the people they could find, both good and bad, and the wedding hall was filled with guests.

11 But when the king came in to see the guests, he noticed a man there who was not wearing wedding clothes. 12 ‘Friend,’ he asked, ‘how did you get in here without wedding clothes?’ The man was speechless. 13 Then the king told the attendants, ‘Tie him hand and foot, and throw him outside, into the darkness, where there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.’
Jesus spoke a parable. But Paul wrote straight and clear!

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." Rom. 5

I believe Paul heard more of the story than what Jesus told the crowds..

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 10:02 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,390,058 times
Quote:
Jesus spoke a parable. But Paul wrote straight and clear!

"Therefore as by the offence of one judgment came upon all men to condemnation; even so by the righteousness of one the free gift came upon all men unto justification of life." Rom. 5

I believe Paul heard more of the story than what Jesus told the crowds..

Blessings,
brian

Here is another teaching of God's through Paul -

I declare to you, brothers, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God, nor does the perishable inherit the imperishable. (1 Corinthians 15:50)

If you don't have the Savior of your sins in your heart through faith, then you do not have his life giving Holy Spirit in you - you are merely flesh and blood and will not be given life, but will die in your sins...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity