Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:22 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,820,368 times

Advertisements

Drowning people need but one instruction "save yourself" - in the end..It is you that is responsible for your own salvation...but some never understand that is it is possible to be saved - A very wise and powerful old man once said to me "some people do not want to be saved" - I gave this some thought and believe he was wrong....some people DO NOT KNOW - they can be saved - they live without hope or faith.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,946,975 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
I'll let the scripture speak. Not simpley state my opinion.

ok

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:28 AM

6,657 posts, read 8,129,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg Bach View Post
Drowning people need but one instruction "save yourself" - in the end..It is you that is responsible for your own salvation...but some never understand that is it is possible to be saved - A very wise and powerful old man once said to me "some people do not want to be saved" - I gave this some thought and believe he was wrong....some people DO NOT KNOW - they can be saved - they live without hope or faith.
Akin to the swimmer lying unconscious on the bottom of the pool - he doesn't know he can be saved - should he save himself?

Old 11-16-2011, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
Can and will are two different concepts. Can God save everyone. Yes! Will God save everyone? I don't think so.
If that is what you believe, then you are saying God doesn't want to save everyone.

Quote:

John 3:36 says: Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever rejects the Son will not see life, for God’s wrath remains on them.
You are confusing "eternal life" with salvation.

Quote:
I don't see (in the Bible) where God is gonna force people to love Him or force them into salvation.
Love is a force that causes love in others.

Quote:
And please note: In the olden days conquered foes would bend their knees and submit to their new rulers-on pain of death. Would they love the new rulers? Not likely. But they would submit.
Regardless, God has already declared that everyone will swear allegiance to him. You cannot swear a false allegiance.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:31 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
Interesting how Jesus didn't just throw a life preserver to Peter, he grabbed him and helped him up.

Yes, and it was only through Peter's faith in Christ was he himself able to walk on water to Jesus on the water. It was only when the wind came (Peter doubting) did Peter start to sink. Immediately Jesus grabbed him.

All believers are assured that Jesus will grab them when they have doubts.

22Then came the Feast of Dedicationb at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24The Jews gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ,c tell us plainly.”
25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than alld; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.” (John 10)

Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
Amen....

Yes, the scripture will lead one into all truth !!!

What the Scripture teach of the will and promises of God for those who believe and repent !!!

Here is the will and the promises of God who will inherit the kingdom of God !!

Acts 2:37-39
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”

1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.

Rev.3:4-6
4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’

Psalm 32:4-6
4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;

Romans 10:9-10
9. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

These are those who will perish and not inherit the kingdom of God !!

Revelation 21:27
And nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.

Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

1 Cor.6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.

Revelation 21:7-8
7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”

God does not lie !!
Those who live the life described above from the Holy Word of God, will NOT INHERIT THE KINGDOM OF GOD.... let no one deceive !!!

There are some here who spread heresy, false teaching and they have corrupt the word of God..... stay in the word and the Holy Spirit will lead you into all truth and show you the deception of these false teachers.... amen !!
None of these verses preclude the idea that God will save everyone.

I for one am thankful that nothing unclean will enter the Kingdom of God.
And I fully agree that not all will enter the His reign.

But all will still be saved, because that is what scripture says.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Akin to the swimmer lying unconscious on the bottom of the pool - he doesn't know he can be saved - should he save himself?

Just throw him a life preserver.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Yes, and it was only through Peter's faith in Christ was he himself able to walk on water to Jesus on the water. It was only when the wind came (Peter doubting) did Peter start to sink. Immediately Jesus grabbed him.

All believers are assured that Jesus will grab them when they have doubts.

22Then came the Feast of Dedicationb at Jerusalem. It was winter, 23and Jesus was in the temple area walking in Solomon’s Colonnade. 24The Jews gathered around him, saying, “How long will you keep us in suspense? If you are the Christ,c tell us plainly.”
25Jesus answered, “I did tell you, but you do not believe. The miracles I do in my Father’s name speak for me, 26but you do not believe because you are not my sheep. 27My sheep listen to my voice; I know them, and they follow me. 28I give them eternal life, and they shall never perish; no one can snatch them out of my hand. 29My Father, who has given them to me, is greater than alld; no one can snatch them out of my Father’s hand. 30I and the Father are one.” (John 10)

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Aren't there things you believe in, through your own free will?

I know for certain a lot of people believed in Obama to fulfill all his promises to our nation...did those people choose, by their own free will, to vote for him based on what Obama promised? Yes, of course.

Believe in God's Son Jesus Christ...
Actually alot of people believed in Obama because they were deceived by his speech-making and friendly manner.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:38 AM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Actually alot of people believed in Obama because they were deceived by his speech-making and friendly manner.

Yes, and a lot of people are led away from the true Lord and Savior through deceptive false teachings.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity