Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 11:53 AM

5,925 posts, read 6,949,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
Looks like I should have underlined the part about some that are not Jesus' sheep.

The passage says He will give eternal life (save) to HIS sheep, but know for certain, as the passage states, that there other 'other sheep' that are NOT His. He is saving HIS sheep.

verse 26
but you do not believe because you are not my sheep.

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 11:54 AM

9,455 posts, read 12,552,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post

You are confusing "eternal life" with salvation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
why do people still use Ye Olde KJV? 400 year old english words have changed their meaning.

From the NIV; who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

From the New King James: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

To will is to force.

Wants and desires is not forcing.

Last edited by Mr5150; 11-16-2011 at 12:09 PM..

Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM

10,564 posts, read 12,825,816 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
God works in mysterious ways...
Some times I have done strange things...and some would ask "what's gotten into you?" - To wake up a 4 in the morning and drop a pillow to a begger asleep in the street - might not have been an action of my own making...it's weird...and slightly uncomforable sometimes when the cosmos uses you as a tool...You would think that God would have dropped the pillow to the sleeping man --instead of me? But to the poor bum in the street..that pillow must have fallen from the sky.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:57 AM

5,261 posts, read 7,663,356 times
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

many will not...and they will perish....without Him.

Hi.....I'm baaack....

Love,
Verna.

Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
But yet others saw through his deception.

God does not deceive anyone.

All one needs to say to God is
I do believe; help me overcome my unbelief! Mark 9:24

[Jesus said,] All that the Father gives me will come to me, and whoever comes to me I will never drive away. (John 6:37)

A promise you can count on.

Amen.... there are many, many promises the geniune believer, born again can count on through the power of God's Holy Spirit by whom we are sealed until the return of our Lord God and Savior, Jesus Christ ....

Hallelujah, all praise and glory too His Holy name, thank you, Lord Jesus !!

Old 11-16-2011, 11:58 AM

2,029 posts, read 1,365,920 times
Quote:
Jesus completed the mission he was sent to this earth to complete. He stated, "It is finished". He completed His Father's entire will for mankind's salvation. Jesus did not fail.

What really happened after Jesus ascended to heaven according to ET'ers:

Father: "Jesus, my Son, welcome back!"

Jesus : "Whew, tough crowd down there. But it's good to be back."

Father: "Yes, they can be pretty brutal down there but that's why I sent you. So, you were able to save mankind, just like I planned, right?"

Jesus : *nervous laughter, tugs at collar* "Well, um, about that Father, I , uh, wasn't able to save everyone"

Father: "What? I'm listening...."

Jesus: "I was able to save about 10% of mankind,the rest were too stubborn. Didn't I tell you that free will thing was going to burn us?"

Father: "Sheesh, if I would have known that I wouldn't have created man to begin with but You did what You could do, too late now. Well, at least you were able to save some."

Father: "Round up all the unbelievers and throw them into the lava pit, that'll learn 'em. Too bad too. "

Old 11-16-2011, 11:59 AM

Eternal life...is a bonus...that is tossed in with salvation - salvation is usually more nessesary here on earth than in the devine realm....Jeezzz I sure could use a bit of salvation right about now - might start by doing the dishes. Good bye folks - off to save the kitchen from ruin.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:00 PM

10,295 posts, read 9,700,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

many will not...and they will perish....without Him.

Hi.....I'm baaack....

Love,
Verna.
wOO hOO, welcome back our precious sista in the Lord Jesus !!

You are such a light, blessing, and encouragment to this forum... amen

Old 11-16-2011, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero 7 View Post

What really happened after Jesus ascended to heaven according to ET'ers:

Father: "Jesus, my Son, welcome back!"

Jesus : "Whew, tough crowd down there. But it's good to be back."

Father: "Yes, they can be pretty brutal down there but that's why I sent you. So, you were able to save mankind, just like I planned, right?"

Jesus : *nervous laughter, tugs at collar* "Well, um, about that Father, I , uh, wasn't able to save everyone"

Father: "What? I'm listening...."

Jesus: "I was able to save about 10% of mankind,the rest were too stubborn. Didn't I tell you that free will thing was going to burn us?"

Father: "Sheesh, if I would have known that I wouldn't have created man to begin with but You did what You could do, too late now. Well, at least you were able to save some."

Father: "Round up all the unbelievers and throw them into the lava pit, that'll learn 'em. Too bad too. "
Yah - sure "lava pit" _ God is greater than that...more than a mischievious boy burning an ant with a magnifying glass..why do people think God is so petty?

Old 11-16-2011, 12:10 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,133,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
why do people still use Ye Olde KJV? 400 year old english words have changed their meaning.

From the NIV; who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

From the New King James: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

To will is to force.

Wants and desires is not forcing.
And why Mr5150 do you not acknowledge that God does what He desires?

It makes no difference if it is "wills" or "desires", for God accomplishes all that He desires.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity