Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 12:11 PM

6,657 posts, read 8,126,281 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Verna Perry View Post
John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

many will not...and they will perish....without Him.
Amen.

Still doesn't change the fact that God will save all people!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-16-2011, 12:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyber Munchkin View Post
But all will still be saved, because that is what scripture says.

Nope not true.... that is what one wants it too say !!
Yes of course its true.
God wills & desires all men be saved.
All men will see the salvation of God.
God will be all in all.
All will be made alive in Christ.
All people will be made righteous through Christ.

Or are these verses not in your bible, CM? Really I want to know what you think of these verses.

Quote:
Yet, the truth is reveal to all who read what God's says..... not man... amen !!
Agreed. Read them carefully. Must I go through these verses one by one and show you how they don't contradict the salvation of all? OK. I will.

Quote:
Acts 2:37-39
37 Now when they heard this, they were cut to the heart, and said to Peter and the rest of the apostles, “Men and brethren, what shall we do?”
38 Then Peter said to them, “Repent, and let every one of you be baptized in the name of Jesus Christ for the remission of sins; and you shall receive the gift of the Holy Spirit.
39 For the promise is to you and to your children, and to all who are afar off, as many as the Lord our God will call.”
Amen we must repent.

But what is the "promise"? The promise given to Abraham was that he and his seed would bless ALL nations and ALL the families. Get it? ALL will be blessed through the promise to the children.

Quote:
1 John 1:9
If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.
Amen. When we confess our sins, He cleanses us from unrighteousness. No problem there.

Quote:
Rev.3:4-6
4 You have a few names even in Sardis who have not defiled their garments; and they shall walk with Me in white, for they are worthy.
5 He who overcomes shall be clothed in white garments, and I will not blot out his name from the Book of Life; but I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels.
6 “He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”’
Amen. How do our garments become cleansed? Surely it is not anything we do, since we are all unrighteous by default. It is Christ who cleanses. Are you or me any more special than the rest of the world?

Quote:
Psalm 32:4-6
4 For day and night Your hand was heavy upon me;
My vitality was turned into the drought of summer. Selah
5 I acknowledged my sin to You,
And my iniquity I have not hidden.
I said, “I will confess my transgressions to the LORD,”
And You forgave the iniquity of my sin. Selah
6 For this cause everyone who is godly shall pray to You
In a time when You may be found;
Uh, sure. This doesn't say anything about people never being saved, only how they will be forgiven.

Quote:
Romans 10:9-10
9. That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved.
10. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.
Amen. Isn't it wonderful that everyone will confess Jesus as Lord to the glory of God the Father? Everyone will confess His name! Why don't you believe this? It is such good news!

Quote:
These are those who will perish and not inherit the kingdom of God !!
Agreed. But there is a resurrection.

Quote:
Revelation 21:27
And nothing unclean, and no one who practices abomination and lying, shall ever come into it, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb’s book of life.
Agreed. Good thing Jesus ultimately makes all people righteous.

Quote:
Galatians 5:19-21
19 Now the deeds of the flesh are evident, which are: immorality, impurity, sensuality,
20 idolatry, sorcery, enmities, strife, jealousy, outbursts of anger, disputes, dissensions, factions,
21 envying, drunkenness, carousing, and things like these, of which I forewarn you, just as I have forewarned you, that those who practice such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
As above - Jesus makes all righteous just as Adam made all men sinners.

Quote:
1 Cor.6:9-11
9 Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived; neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor homosexuals,
10 nor thieves, nor the covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor swindlers, will inherit the kingdom of God.
11 Such were some of you; but you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and in the Spirit of our God.
Same here. I also add that the "kingdom of God" is more properly translated as the "reign of God" or the "reign of the heavens." Not everyone will reign with Christ - only the chosen few. Yet all will be saved. What do you think those reigning with Christ are doing? Having a party while everyone else suffers forever? Is that Christ-like?

Quote:
Revelation 21:7-8
7 He who overcomes will inherit these things, and I will be his God and he will be My son.
8 But for the cowardly and unbelieving and abominable and murderers and immoral persons and sorcerers and idolaters and all liars, their part will be in the lake that burns with fire and brimstone, which is the second death.”
Agreed. Study what the purpose of fire is. Study what fire does. It burns up the bad while refining the good.

Quote:
GOD DOES NOT LIE AND HE DOES NOT LEAD ONE TO BELIEVE A LIE.... but man will deceive and they sure do lie against the truth of God's spoken word !!
Tis true many are deceived. But that doesn't stop God. Heck God is the one that sends a strong delusion. But it is purposeful - so we will be humbled and ultimately come back to Him. God binds us to disobedience so He can have mercy on us later. Do you believe this?

Old 11-16-2011, 12:23 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,015,222 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katjonjj View Post
If god wants all men to be saved and salvation is free... How does that leave any man unsaved?
It only leaves the whole loaf of bread unsaved in the MINDS of carnal men. The TRUTH IS the truth. What is going on in the various minds of people is another thing all together. It is about perspective. Do we have the earthly perspective of how things are - or the heavenly?

Well, I'm going now to take a hike.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:27 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr5150 View Post
why do people still use Ye Olde KJV? 400 year old english words have changed their meaning.

From the NIV; who wants all people to be saved and to come to a knowledge of the truth.

From the New King James: who desires all men to be saved and to come to the knowledge of the truth.

To will is to force.

Wants and desires is not forcing.

Well, I was allowing scripture to speak, now you give an opinion which you say you do not give, so much for that.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:28 PM

5,925 posts, read 6,944,384 times
Quote:
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

Hi.....I'm baaack....

Love,
Verna.

Funny how you added words that have nothing to do with that verse.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:37 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,389,221 times
God's Word tells us many times to...

stay awake
stay alert
be sober
be vigilant
keep watch
keep your lamps filled with oil (His Holy Spirit, given through faith in Christ Jesus)

...as we do not know the day of the Second and final Coming of our Lord.

If we are all saved on the Last Day, there would be no need to do ANY of those things.

God says TODAY is the day of salvation. It is NOT on the Last Day. It will be too late. TODAY is the day of your salvation. You need to have Jesus in your life today! We are not guaranteed any tomorrows.

Quit letting Satan deceive you.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saved33 View Post
God's Word tells us many times to...

stay awake
stay alert
be sober
be vigilant
keep watch
keep your lamps filled with oil (His Holy Spirit, given through faith in Christ Jesus)

...as we do not know the day of the Second and final Coming of our Lord.

If we are all saved on the Last Day, there would be no need to do ANY of those things.
Actually there are many things today that we need to be saved from if we do not keep watch and stay alert. And it is true we may indeed find ourselves shut out from the Kingdom and in the fire. It might not be pretty.

Quote:
God says TODAY is the day of salvation. It is NOT on the Last Day. It will be too late. TODAY is the day of your salvation. You need to have Jesus in our lives today! We are not guaranteed any tomorrows.
Actually if you check a literally translated (more accurate) scripture you will find that God says TODAY is A DAY of salvation. Not the only day.

Quote:
Quit letting Satan deceive you.
Likewise.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:44 PM

4,213 posts, read 5,833,671 times
Quote:

Hi.....I'm baaack....

Love,
Verna.
And we missed you dear friend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phazelwood View Post
ok

1Ti 2:4 Who will have all men to be saved, and to come unto the knowledge of the truth.
You do realize that there is context to you quote that you seem to be ignoring.

Quote:
Aren't there things you believe in, through your own free will?

I know for certain a lot of people believed in Obama to fulfill all his promises to our nation...did those people choose, by their own free will, to vote for him based on what Obama promised? Yes, of course.

Believe in God's Son Jesus Christ...
Now that is an argument that many should have, Obama, clearly a deceiver.

Quote:
Originally Posted by legoman View Post
Amen.

Still doesn't change the fact that God will save all people!
Does the Bible really say this or are you just ignoring the parts you don't like? You know, the context.

Old 11-16-2011, 12:47 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,366,601 times
Quote:
Aren't there things you believe in, through your own free will?

I know for certain a lot of people believed in Obama to fulfill all his promises to our nation...did those people choose, by their own free will, to vote for him based on what Obama promised? Yes, of course.

Believe in God's Son Jesus Christ...
I don't think we should be comparing Jesus Christ to politicians, saved33. I can understand the analogy, but I think it's wrong in this context. John 3:16 has nothing at all to do with free will. Jesus wasn't making "an offer" to the world. He was talking about the power of the Son that would be seen in mankind after His death and resurrection.

We don't vote for Jesus. He's Lord whether we know it, realize it, "accept" it or anything else. It's a spiritual work that was done 2,000 years ago, not just an "invitation."

Aisi, anyway.

Blessings,
brian

Old 11-16-2011, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobinD69 View Post
Does the Bible really say this or are you just ignoring the parts you don't like? You know, the context.
Robin, friend, I ask you the same thing. Are you just ignoring parts that you don't like, or don't fit with your preconceived beliefs?

God will have all men to be saved.
God desires all men to be saved.
God will acheive all His desires.
All men will see the salvation of God.
All men will be made righteous through Christ.

These words are in scripture too, but it seems you ignore them?

The so-called "hell" verses have been explained many times...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity