Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2011, 04:45 AM

249 posts, read 473,805 times

Advertisements

I never understood why the catholic church persecuted Jewish people when Jesus is Jewish and they believe as I believe that Jesus is the son of god.Does anybody know why, this occurred in the middle ages and through the years?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-19-2011, 05:20 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aleecya View Post
I never understood why the catholic church persecuted Jewish people when Jesus is Jewish and they believe as I believe that Jesus is the son of god.Does anybody know why, this occurred in the middle ages and through the years?
They considered the Jews Christ-Killers...But also, where ever Jews went and settled, they flourished and better than the indigenous people, I might add...They were blamed for plagues, economic failures, etc....Even in England during the Black Plague when everyone around them were dieing, virtually none of the Jews were experiencing illness...Who would have known that there cerimonial washing assisted in staving off the bacteria that caused the illness while the Christian Gentials did not wash, even their hands most of the time...In other words, the Jews were a clean people, the Christian Gentiles weren't...You would have to do a deep study on the topic, however the information is out there and I do not think this is the place to ask that question for you will get many 'opinions' and much confusion...Research it yourself, is my advice...

Old 11-19-2011, 05:29 AM

9,692 posts, read 10,029,011 times
There was more control in the World by the Catholic Church before the Protestant Reformation came because it was the only church type and authority for God for the world , ...So when you add control to the church or any church of Jesus then you are headed for disaster, because it is out of the will of God to bring control into His flock as Jesus saved and set free, control come in and binds up the flock.......So the Catholic Church had fears against all who had doctrines that were not Catholic ... So even resent past the Catholic Church has fear against the Muslim and the Jews , and Protestant church has fears against the Catholic Church ...It all depends of their preference, were these fears and controls are not of Jesus and His authority of Goodness, and are left to the authority of the devil , which Jesus must share authority with these churches do cup with the adversary and the Lord as Apostle Paul said we can not do....... So how does a church get along without controls and fears?..... Well they must seek more of the Lord Jesus and are willing to be lead by the Spirit of Christ, and they must teach the flock of Jesus to be responsible and teach them to hear the voice of Jesus Spirit and pray for the plan of Jesus ....And leaders would be only directors and not controllers .......

Old 11-19-2011, 07:39 PM

4,612 posts, read 4,899,209 times
A very good book on Jewish history is "Jews, God, and History" written by Max Dimont. I'm not Jewish and I read it three times.

It tells about Jewish history in the context of general Middle-Eastern and European history.

Old 11-19-2011, 09:41 PM

249 posts, read 473,805 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard1965 View Post
They considered the Jews Christ-Killers...But also, where ever Jews went and settled, they flourished and better than the indigenous people, I might add...They were blamed for plagues, economic failures, etc....Even in England during the Black Plague when everyone around them were dieing, virtually none of the Jews were experiencing illness...Who would have known that there cerimonial washing assisted in staving off the bacteria that caused the illness while the Christian Gentials did not wash, even their hands most of the time...In other words, the Jews were a clean people, the Christian Gentiles weren't...You would have to do a deep study on the topic, however the information is out there and I do not think this is the place to ask that question for you will get many 'opinions' and much confusion...Research it yourself, is my advice...

I have studied a lot about the dark ages but I had not considered how it would appear to people if only certain people were free of plague and how Jewish people prospered during a time when most people were struggling to survive. My thing is how can you hate the people that Jesus belonged to, wouldn't that also negate your love for Jesus himself since you dislike his people. It is like saying you dislike black people but then you like Obama or disliking white people but you like Bush, It is seem very dissociative. Thanks for your response.

Old 11-20-2011, 05:32 AM

37,476 posts, read 61,444,537 times
The Jews have not been alone in being persecuted by the Roman Catholic church.

Old 11-21-2011, 02:23 AM

32,530 posts, read 22,056,385 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by forest beekeeper View Post
The Jews have not been alone in being persecuted by the Roman Catholic church.
And it wasn't just the Roman Catholic Church that persecuted the Jews...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity