Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-25-2011, 09:36 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,555,357 times

Advertisements

I know far to many that say they are merely as a disguise for their true self as a dishonest, unethical, member of the me me me crowd. In reality those the profess their christianity the loudest are the biggest phonies and should be trusted no further than you can throw a bus.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 PM

3,335 posts, read 2,989,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theophane View Post
The ease or difficulty of your Christian walk depends on how closely you are following Jesus. It's not supposed to be easy.
Mat 11:29 Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls.

Mat 11:30 For my yoke [is] easy, and my burden is light.

It's suppose to be, we just don't seem to like the easy way.

Old 11-25-2011, 11:01 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,026,078 times
My thought after reading this thread is why people have a nagging desire to analyze other people's walk with God. Everyone's relationship with Christ is individual and personal and of course they are all different just as we are all very different, having come from different experiences, mental capacity, life circumstance, etc... It's a waste of time to compare yourself to others.

Old 11-26-2011, 03:40 AM

10,379 posts, read 10,933,779 times
To the OP. Sorry, but you are mistaken about quite a few things, but I do not doubt the sincerety of your faith.

In the first place, God chose us, we do not chose God.
Tit 3:4 But when the kindness and love of God our Savior appeared,
Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Tit 3:6 whom he poured out on us generously through Jesus Christ our Savior,
Tit 3:7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Eph 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Therefore, we can not claim any righteousness on our own since our salvation is completely God's will and because of God's work in our life.

YOu are correct though, being a Christian is difficult, but not for the reasons cited. Satan, the world and the flesh tempt us and many do fall away and lose their salvation, because they are unwilling to live within the will of God, they refuse to try to live by the will of God, and they refuse to repent and change their ways.

Finally, you are wrong about worrying about taking care of your daily needs. See Matthew 6, where Jesus promises all these things to those who seek first the kingdom of God.

Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 AM

10,295 posts, read 9,705,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post
To the OP. Sorry, but you are mistaken about quite a few things, but I do not doubt the sincerety of your faith.

Tit 3:5 he saved us, not because of righteous things we had done, but because of his mercy. He saved us through the washing of rebirth and renewal by the Holy Spirit,
Tit 3:7 so that, having been justified by his grace, we might become heirs having the hope of eternal life.

Eph 1:4 For he chose us in him before the creation of the world to be holy and blameless in his sight. In love
Eph 1:5 he predestined us to be adopted as his sons through Jesus Christ, in accordance with his pleasure and will—

Therefore, we can not claim any righteousness on our own since our salvation is completely God's will and because of God's work in our life.

YOu are correct though, being a Christian is difficult, but not for the reasons cited. Satan, the world and the flesh tempt us and many do fall away and lose their salvation, because they are unwilling to live within the will of God, they refuse to try to live by the will of God, and they refuse to repent and change their ways.

Finally, you are wrong about worrying about taking care of your daily needs. See Matthew 6, where Jesus promises all these things to those who seek first the kingdom of God.
Amen....

Old 11-26-2011, 04:12 PM

9,695 posts, read 10,036,927 times
There are many false prophets, and Satan does speak directly to man....... Who is this false prophet?.....Well it is the spirit that gives man ideas which undermine the value and ethics that the Lord Jesus authored.....In Revelations 16:13 unclean spirits like frogs come out of the false prophet mouth, which will attack Jesus and His Interest which will prelude the time of the great blunder , the battle of Armageddon against the Lord ...... So these people who give rise to the spirit of False prophet will not be the children of God or people who love the Lord Jesus

Old 11-26-2011, 04:41 PM

461 posts, read 481,280 times
People here are no more saved than sinners.They are closer but not quite there.

Scripture has it;

Quote:
Book of John;

"The one who comes from above is above all. The one who is of the earth is earthly and speaks of earthly things. But the one who comes from heaven .
He testifies to what he has seen and heard, but no one accepts his testimony.
Whoever does accept his testimony certifies that God is trustworthy.
For the one whom God sent speaks the words of God. He does not ration his gift of the Spirit.
The Father loves the Son and has given everything over to him.
Whoever believes in the Son has eternal life, but whoever disobeys the Son will not see life, but the wrath of God remains upon him.
Christians disobey the son and therefor cannot see/understand the word which is life. The way they disobey is , they do not use the words Jesus used and take up His mission as He did. If they would do this instead of following Paul, they would know the truth and the truth would set them free. Jesus sent His followers into the world as He was sent, with the same message and purpose.Scripture says "The only one who's gone up to heaven is the One who came down from there ,the son of man." That still stands today. That is why it is important to be son of man.What is son of man? Scripture says "Observe what is right and do what is just, for my salvation is about to come, my justice about to be revealed, blessed is the man who does this' the son of man who holds to it".

Example;

Proverbs;

Quote:
My son, pay attention to my words, incline your ear to my sayings ;
Don’t let them slip out of your sight, keep them within your heart;
For they are life to those who find them, to man's whole being they are health.

The fear of the Lord prolongs life, and the words of the upright save them.

The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life and those who walk uprightly fear the Lord.

The fear of the Lord is a fountain of life and happy is he who is kind to the poor.

The Lord’s delight is those who speak the truth, and those who speak what is right he loves

The Lord is far from the wicked, but he hears the prayer of the just .
Book of John;
Those are not my words they come from the Lord who sent me.
I do nothing on my own; I judge as I hear, and my judgment is just, because I’m not seeking my own will but the will of the One who sent me.
The Lord who sent me has testified on my behalf. But you have never heard his voice nor seen his form,
and you do not have his word remaining in you, because you do not believe in the One whom he has sent. Search the scriptures if you think you have eternal life through them; even they testify on my behalf.
But you do not want to come to me to have life.

My teaching is not my own it comes from the one who sent me.
Whoever chooses to do his will shall know about this teaching, namely, whether it comes from God or whether I‘m speaking on my own.
Whoever speaks on his own seeks his own glory, but whoever seeks the glory of the one who sent him is truthful, and there is no dishonesty in his heart.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:08 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairieparson View Post

You are wrong in that God somehow has already chosen those who will follow His Son. This entire journey on this earthly plane has to to with our free will, and the choices we make, the most important one being to deny our own earthly desires and the lure of the world, and present ourselves as a living sacrifice to God. This event is not pre-ordained. Those who chose to give their lives to Christ are ultimately the chosen people of God who will receive God's kingdom.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:14 AM

3,335 posts, read 2,989,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KRAMERCAT View Post
You are wrong in that God somehow has already chosen those who will follow His Son. This entire journey on this earthly plane has to to with our free will, and the choices we make, the most important one being to deny our own earthly desires and the lure of the world, and present ourselves as a living sacrifice to God. This event is not pre-ordained. Those who chose to give their lives to Christ are ultimately the chosen people of God who will receive God's kingdom.
Now you've done it.. pulled back the curtain of personal responsibility.

It's not what they've been taught.

Your going to get a deluge of special people vs. the unlucky predestined hell dwellers.

Old 11-27-2011, 11:19 AM

4,538 posts, read 4,817,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Sure there is a devil that can talk to the children of God and they will hear this dark spirit , just as the devil will never talk to the lost people because if the devil reveal himself to the lost they will turn to Lord Jesus for redemption and the Lord Jesus is the only one to bring this gift ...... But Jesus does talk to His children today just as in the Old Testament , as In John 10:27-28....Jesus said ``My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me...and I give them eternal life, and they will never perish, neither will any man pluck them out of my hand``......See Jesus give us a promise that if we have faith and obey His commands we are listening to Jesus and have a desire to hear Jesus and be His sheep and , but if we say Jesus will not talk to anybody anymore then we close the door on Jesus and say no to hearing him and are faith is blocked , but if we believe in Jesus Words from John 10: 27-28 . then we had better tell the Lord and tell Him again and again and reject the liberal ideas that push Jesus and His spirit away.....Holy Spirit is called to discern the devil and his dark spirit for you in these days .....
I would recommend that anyone who has a voice in his head telling him to do something, to go talk to his pastor or priest and get a second opinion. God does speak to His followers thru His Word and Spirit, but I doubt that He is audibly talking to you. I remember an aquaintance I had when I was younger, who told me that 'spirit talks to me'. Guess who that might be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity