Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2012, 04:46 PM

3,260 posts, read 6,760,104 times

Advertisements

First of all I NEVER said I didn't read or believe what is in the Ketuvim Netzarim (you call it new testament) I said I don't read it from the Greek. Greek is corruption as I stated before. Many follow a corrupted word of Elohim through not knowing what was REALLY said and meant from those that followed Messiah. 2nd the name jesus means absolutely NOTHING and you won't find THAT name prior to church use over the last 500 years. You guys really NEED to do your homework. Messiah did not teach ONE word against those in the Torah. And why I say YHVH's name must be IN HIS as HE was a manifestation, hench HIS being ONE with the Father. NOT separate, ONE and the SAME, that is the difference between the trinity doctrine junk. YHVH manifested HIMSELF many times in many ways. Burning Bush, Pillar of Cloud and more. Also I have to laugh at these fools that call Gentiles Israelites. A Gentile by definition is "Lost, Undone and without YHVH". It is when they GRAFT into Israel and become part of the promise they are NO LONGER a Gentile...get a clue. Gentiles are those OUTSIDE the camp. You're either Israel or you are NOT a part of the promise. Jeremiah 31:31 says it all in case you missed the memo. The name "christ" is also quite abrasive and is also pagan. Used by the Romans to exalt their gods. So please lets at least learn to call Messiah by HIS REAL name at the very least. And by the way HE was placed on a "Stake" NOT a cross. The cross is the pagan symbol of death. I wouldn't get caught dead wearing one.....literally. Those churches that have the body on the cross are displaying idols in their churches. And don't even realize it. Oh well.....I'm done.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2012, 06:58 PM

2,541 posts, read 2,541,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Greenspan View Post
For the correct translation of Daniel 9:25-26, see:

Daniel 9:25 Translation

Bear in mind, the Christian Bible consists of a man-made, so-called, New Testament appended to a mistranslation of the Jewish Bible.
Then, who is your Messiah? How are you atoned for? Who was Jesus?

And who is this Scripture talking about?
PS 2:1 "Why do the heathen rage, and the people imagine a vain thing?
PS 2:2 The kings of the earth set themselves, and the rulers take counsel together, against the LORD, and against His Anointed, saying,
PS 2:3 Let us break Their bands asunder, and cast away Their cords from us.
PS 2:4 He that sits in the heavens shall laugh: the LORD shall have them in derision.
PS 2:5 Then shall He speak unto them in His wrath, and vex them in His sore displeasure.
PS 2:6 Yet have I set My king upon My holy hill of Zion.
PS 2:7 I will declare the decree: the LORD has said to Me, You are My Son; this day have I begotten You.
PS 2:8 Ask of Me, and I shall give You the heathen [the reason why many Gentles follow Him] for you inheritance, and the uttermost parts of the earth for your possession.
PS 2:9 You shall break them with a rod of iron; You shall dash them in pieces like a potter's vessel [evidenced in nations who claim a god but deny the Christ as we see what is happening in Muslim nations and others this very day.]
PS 2:10 Be wise now therefore, O you kings: be instructed, you judges of the earth.
PS 2:11 Serve the LORD with fear, and rejoice with trembling.
PS 2:12 Kiss the Son, lest He be angry, and you perish from the way, when His wrath is kindled but a little. Blessed are all they that put their trust in Him."

PROV 30:4 "Who has ascended up into heaven, or descended? who has gathered the wind in his fists? who has bound the waters in a garment? who has established all the ends of the earth? what is His name, and what is His Son's name, if you can tell?" If you can answer the question then you are will be close to the Door of eternal life!

Last edited by garya123; 02-15-2012 at 07:11 PM..

Old 02-15-2012, 07:07 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by garya123 View Post
Who was Jesus?
From the Jewish perspective, a man-made fiction.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:44 PM

Quote:
From the Jewish perspective, a man-made fiction.
Not true. Only O.T. covenant Jews [which they do not keep anyways] have that perspective. I know many Jew Christians who have embraced the Anointed One of the New Covenant. The chief lawyer for national Christian rights, Jay Sekalow, of the ACLJ law firm is a New Covenant Jew as are many of his staff.

JER 31:31 Behold, the days come, says the LORD, that I will make a New Covenant with the house of Israel, and with the house of Judah:
JER 31:32 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day that I took them by the hand to bring them out of the land of Egypt; which My covenant they broke, although I was an husband unto them, says the LORD:
JER 31:33 But this shall be the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel; After those days, says the Lord, I will put My law in their inward parts, and write it in their hearts [born again of the Spirit]; and will be their God, and they shall be My people."

Read your History. On the day that Christ was crucified the veil in the temple was torn from top to bottom signifying that the way into the Holy place was open to all mankind. God does not dwell in a temple made with hands and He had it destroyed by Titus of Rome latter on as contempt for it and not embracing His New Covenant.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:20 PM

9,341 posts, read 29,685,492 times
Quote:
I know many Jew Christians who have embraced the Anointed One of the New Covenant.
Jews who violate the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d by worshiping Jesus of Nazareth have committed idolatry and have separated themselves from the Jewish people and will not be permitted in Heaven.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:50 PM

Quote:
Jews who violate the Second Mitzvah (Commandment) prohibiting the worship of other than the one, true and indivisible G-d by worshiping Jesus of Nazareth have committed idolatry and have separated themselves from the Jewish people and will not be permitted in Heaven.
They don't just know about God as in theology but know Him personally. You need to consider if all that you have is a head knowledge or a first hand knowledge of Him and if you have done what God says to do. He said to embrace the New covenant, not the one He gave as a temporary measure but the New Covenant that was foretold of by Jeremiah, Isaiah and others sense the foundation of the world.

IS 49:6 And he said, It is a light thing that You should be My servant to raise up the tribes of Jacob, and to restore the preserved of Israel: I will also give You for a light to the Gentiles, that You may be my salvation unto the end of the earth.
IS 49:7 Thus says the LORD, the Redeemer of Israel, and His Holy One, to Him whom man despises, to Him whom the nation [of Israel] abhorreth, to a servant of rulers, Kings shall see and arise, princes also shall worship, because of the LORD that is faithful, and the Holy One of Israel, and He shall choose You.
IS 49:8 Thus say the LORD, In an acceptable time have I heard You, and in a day of salvation have I helped You: and I will preserve You, and give You for a covenant of the people, to establish the earth, to cause to inherit the desolate heritages;
IS 49:9 That You may say to the prisoners, Go forth; to them that are in darkness, Show yourselves. They shall feed in the ways, and their pastures shall be in all high places."

Guess again, who is going to Heaven? Those who embrace His Covenant.

Old 02-15-2012, 08:57 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Isaiah 42

1Behold my servant, whom I uphold; mine elect, in whom my soul delighteth; I have put my spirit upon him: he shall bring forth judgment to the Gentiles.

2He shall not cry, nor lift up, nor cause his voice to be heard in the street.

3A bruised reed shall he not break, and the smoking flax shall he not quench: he shall bring forth judgment unto truth.

4He shall not fail nor be discouraged, till he have set judgment in the earth: and the isles shall wait for his law.

5Thus saith God the LORD, he that created the heavens, and stretched them out; he that spread forth the earth, and that which cometh out of it; he that giveth breath unto the people upon it, and spirit to them that walk therein:

6I the LORD have called thee in righteousness, and will hold thine hand, and will keep thee, and give thee for a covenant of the people, for a light of the Gentiles;

7To open the blind eyes, to bring out the prisoners from the prison, and them that sit in darkness out of the prison house.

8I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images.

9Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.

He are under the Law of Messiah. Mosaic Law was fulfilled in him.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM

Because we as Christians embrace the New Covenant we pray for Jerusalem. We pray for Israel. We pray to be allies of Israel and we are willing to put our blood where our prayers are and we have done so.

Old 02-15-2012, 09:15 PM

24,122 posts, read 32,475,701 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike555 View Post
Please understand that on the basis of prophecy the Messiah had to have come during the time of Jesus Christ's First Advent. If the Messiah had not come at that time, then He can never come.

But He did come. Jesus Christ is the Messiah.

Daniel was told by the angel Gabriel that the Messiah would come 483 years after the decree was given to restore and rebuild Jerusalem. Daniel 9:25.

The 70 weeks (490 years) prophecy given to Daniel (Dan 9:24-27) concerns the period of time in which God will finish the transgression of Israel.

Israel had disobeyed God concerning the fact that every 7th year was to be a sabbath rest year in which the land would be given a rest (Lev 25:1-7). Because of Israel's failure thoughout her history to keep the seven year sabbatical year on every seventh year, God enforced on the land 70 sabbaths (Lev 26:34-35). This was the seventy years in which Israel was in the Babylonian captivity. Seven years (every seventh year) times seventy years = 490 years.

Now the prophecy in Daniel 9:24-27 is divided into 'seven weeks of years,' and 'sixty-two weeks of years,' with a 'final week of years' which is still future - the tribulational period which follows the rapture of the church.

The first 'seven weeks of years' began following the decree to rebuild Jersusalem which lay in ruins after Nebuchadnezzar had destroyed it. The sixty-two weeks followed the first seven weeks.

The seventy week prophecy began with the decree of King Artaxerxes (Nehemiah 2:1-8) in 444 B.C, to rebuild the city walls.

Daniel 9:25 ''So you are to know and discern that from the issuing of a decree to restore and rebuild Jerusalem until the Messiah the Prince there will be seven weeks and sixy-two weeks; it will be built again, with plaza and moat, even in times of distress.''

The end of the second period, the sixty-two weeks, ended with the Triumphal entry of the Messiah - Jesus Christ into Jerusalem on a donkey (Matthew 21:1-11; Mark 11:1-11; Luke 19:28-44; John 12:12-19).

Daniel 9:26 ''Then after the sixty-two weeks the Messiah will be cut off and have nothing, and the people of the prince who is to come will destroy the city and the sanctuary.

After the sixty-two weeks were complete, the Messiah - Jesus Christ was cut off - crucified. This took place before the destruction of Jerusalem and the temple many years later in 70 A.D.

The death of the Messiah had to occur after the completion of the 62 weeks and before the temple and Jerusalem were destroyed.

If Jesus Christ was not the Messiah, then the Messiah can not come. But Jesus Christ IS the Messiah.

The prophecies which He did not fulfill during His First Advent will be fulfilled at His Second Advent.

I hope that those of you who are Jews and are still waiting for the Messiah to come, understand that God's prophetic timeclock demanded that the coming of the Messiah had to take place before the destruction of the temple in 70 A.D. And Jesus Christ is the only one who qualifed as the Messiah.

PLEASE UNDERSTAND THIS - THE JEWS WHO ARE STILL WAITING FOR THE MESSIAH (I do not know many who actually spend any time doing this) ARE CALLED "JEWISH", OK? It's a different religion. They don't believe in Jesus. Do yo get that?????????

There are other religions in the world OK? NEWS FLASH!

Old 02-15-2012, 09:29 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Quote:
Because we as Christians embrace the New Covenant we pray for Jerusalem. We pray for Israel. We pray to be allies of Israel and we are willing to put our blood where our prayers are and we have done so.
Amen

YHWH God's unconditional covenant

Genesis 15:18
In the same day the LORD made a covenant with Abram, saying, Unto thy seed have I given this land, from the river of Egypt unto the great river, the river Euphrates:

Genesis 12:3
And I will bless them that bless thee, and curse him that curseth thee: and in thee shall all families of the earth be blessed.

Romans 11:25-29

25For I would not, brethren, that ye should be ignorant of this mystery, lest ye should be wise in your own conceits; that blindness in part is happened to Israel, until the fulness of the Gentiles be come in.

26And so all Israel shall be saved: as it is written, There shall come out of Sion the Deliverer, and shall turn away ungodliness from Jacob:

27For this is my covenant unto them, when I shall take away their sins.

28As concerning the gospel, they are enemies for your sakes: but as touching the election, they are beloved for the father's sakes.

29For the gifts and calling of God are without repentance.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity