Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-29-2022, 06:29 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by justbyfaith View Post
Certain people have believed that Moses would be one of the two witnesses; and he was a minister of condemnation.

And if Moses can have a legitimate ministry today, that is of condemnation, how much more someone who brings both the ministry of condemnation and righteousness?
Stop putting Moses on a pedestal, He missed out on the promise land for losing it and being wrathful towards the congregation. Jesus Christ NOT Moses, is the one I trust and believe manifests the Father to me.

Speak to the rock not strike it.

And all bare him witness, and wondered at the gracious words which proceeded out of his mouth Luke 4 :22

Speak the truth in love Eph 4:15 . To hell with that, let me at them with my stick of condemnation, I will show them what a bunch of condemned sinners they all are, they will never respond to that namely pamby BS.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 09:15 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Moses is found in the promised land at the time of Jesus' transfiguration; so he did in fact enter in.

The law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24, Romans 3:20, Psalms 19:7).

So, the best way to lead anyone to Christ is to introduce them to the schoolmaster who can lead them to Him better than you can.

And yes, the law is a ministry of condemnation (2 Corinthians 3:7-9).

It also has a certain ministry of reconciliation; as I have explained.

Old 04-30-2022, 01:32 PM

684 posts, read 206,299 times
Quote:
Moses is found in the promised land at the time of Jesus' transfiguration; so he did in fact enter in.

The law is a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24, Romans 3:20, Psalms 19:7).

So, the best way to lead anyone to Christ is to introduce them to the schoolmaster who can lead them to Him better than you can.

We don't need Moses to get to Christ. Moses did NOT enter the promised land no matter how you paint it. God found Moses UNFIT to enter, read your bible. . So much for your superhero. (There is only one who is good...God.)

Old 04-30-2022, 02:11 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Quote:

Tell me how condemnation and reconciliation are the same thing. You have to be double minded to believe that?

Do you believe war and peace are the same thing ? I thought not. So using the same reasoning, explain how it is you believe condemnation and reconciliation are the same thing.

You think from the darkness of that dungeon you say is not imaginary.

The OT believer who knew there was reconciliation, was under the ministry of condemnation and his only hope for reconciliation, though he did not know it, was for grace and truth to come and remove the law of Moses that they were under, that could not give them reconciliation. The fact they were continually offering up blood sacrifice and offerings, proves in their consciences that they were not reconciled. So a new ministry was introduced APART from the ministry of condemnation.

Old 04-30-2022, 02:17 PM

20,442 posts, read 12,793,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAL-5 View Post
We don't need Moses to get to Christ. Moses did NOT enter the promised land no matter how you paint it. God found Moses UNFIT to enter, read your bible. . So much for your superhero. (There is only one who is good...God.)
Wrong. Moses represents the Law, which points out our need for redemption, which was accomplished by Christ.

Old 04-30-2022, 04:27 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times
Best if unbelievers are bringing confusion, discouragement for your faith or hotly pride against unbelievers, then you should pray and ask God to forgive them and judge them to Jesus .... This will bring you release from judging which God prefers that you pass to Him

Old 04-30-2022, 10:35 PM

8,039 posts, read 1,844,542 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
Tell me how condemnation and reconciliation are the same thing. You have to be double minded to believe that?

Do you believe war and peace are the same thing ? I thought not. So using the same reasoning, explain how it is you believe condemnation and reconciliation are the same thing.

You think from the darkness of that dungeon you say is not imaginary.

The OT believer who knew there was reconciliation, was under the ministry of condemnation and his only hope for reconciliation, though he did not know it, was for grace and truth to come and remove the law of Moses that they were under, that could not give them reconciliation. The fact they were continually offering up blood sacrifice and offerings, proves in their consciences that they were not reconciled. So a new ministry was introduced APART from the ministry of condemnation.
Of course, condemnation and reconciliation are not the same thing.

The ministry of condemnation (the law) acts as a schoolmaster to lead men to Christ (Galatians 3:24, Romans 3:20, Psalms 19:7).

Therefore, in understanding that you are condemned already (John 3:18), you can wake up to the fact that you are condemned and can do something about it; turning to the One who is able to save you.

What I would not warrant is the belief that everyone is already saved (which is in direct contradiction to John 3:18) and that therefore there is no need to do anything about the fact that you are lost.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity