Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-14-2012, 04:25 PM

238 posts, read 270,616 times

Advertisements

“And I (Jesus) will pray (to) the Father, and He will give you another Helper,
that He may abide with you forever -- the Spirit of truth
… you know Him, for He dwells with you and will be in you.
I will not leave you orphans; I will come to you.
… If anyone loves Me, he will keep My word; and My Father will love him,
and We will come to him and make Our home with him.
… But the Helper, the Holy Spirit, whom the Father will send in My name,
He will teach you all things, and bring to your remembrance all things that I said to you.”
John 14:16-26

The Greek word here for "another" is "allos" meaning "another of the same kind" (ref: Vine).
So, the Holy Spirit is another Person of the Trinity (like God the Son).
All 3 of the Triune Godhead will come to be with the faithful believer?
Or perhaps only Jesus and the Holy Spirit?
But only the Holy Spirit will remain in him/her forever.
And only the Holy Spirit will be the One doing the teaching.
Interesting, what?

Last edited by evangelist-77; 04-14-2012 at 04:34 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-14-2012, 06:59 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,299,599 times
Hear o Israel the Lord our God is one in three and three in one Duet 6:4

Old 04-14-2012, 07:10 PM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
You misunderstand. "If the light in you is darkness, how great that darkness will be."

Maybe these verses will help.

"Whoever acts in truth comes to the light therefore his deeds are revealed as works in God."

"The Lord God does nothing without revealing His plans to His servants the prophets."

"Open up the gates to let in a nation that is just, one that keeps faith."

"The just man will live because of his faith."

"The just mans mouth speaks wisdom and his tongue does what is right, the law of his God is in his heart and he will never stumble."

"The just mans mouth is a fountain of life."

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life" JN 6:63

Old 04-14-2012, 07:28 PM

461 posts, read 480,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcamps View Post
That is not what Deut 6:4 says. It says the Lord is One. Man is wicked so he has no understanding but the wise have it.

Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV
English Standard Version
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV
King James Version
Hear , O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:4 NIV
New International Version
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Deuteronomy 6:4 NKJV
New King James Version
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

Deuteronomy 6:4 NRS
New Revised Standard
Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.

Deuteronomy 6:4 ASV
American Standard Version
Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:

Deuteronomy 6:4 BBE
Bible in Basic English
Give ear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord:

Deuteronomy 6:4 CSB
Holman Christian Standard
"Listen, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One.

"The wicked will remain wicked, they will have no understanding but the wise will have it."

"The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life."

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."JN 6:63

Old 04-14-2012, 08:00 PM

28,098 posts, read 29,970,289 times
Quote:
Huh? Which translation says that? My KJV says, "Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD."

Old 04-15-2012, 05:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princely View Post
That is not what Deut 6:4 says. It says the Lord is One. Man is wicked so he has no understanding but the wise have it.

Deuteronomy 6:4 ESV
English Standard Version
"Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Deuteronomy 6:4 KJV
King James Version
Hear , O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:

Deuteronomy 6:4 NIV
New International Version
Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God, the LORD is one.

Deuteronomy 6:4 NKJV
New King James Version
"Hear, O Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is one!

Deuteronomy 6:4 NRS
New Revised Standard
Hear, O Israel: The Lord is our God, the Lord alone.

Deuteronomy 6:4 ASV
American Standard Version
Hear, O Israel: Jehovah our God is one Jehovah:

Deuteronomy 6:4 BBE
Bible in Basic English
Give ear, O Israel: the Lord our God is one Lord:

Deuteronomy 6:4 CSB
Holman Christian Standard
"Listen, Israel: The Lord our God, the Lord is One.

"The wicked will remain wicked, they will have no understanding but the wise will have it."

"The teaching of the wise is a fountain of life."

"The words I spoke to you are spirit and life."JN 6:63
I know it doesn't say that, but it may as well if you believe in the trinity. The trinity belief is responsible for most of the poor conception of God we hold to, especially the good cop bad cop and GodFather concept we unknowingly have.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:04 AM

238 posts, read 270,616 times
Quote:
The trinity belief is responsible for most of the poor conception of God we hold to,
especially the good cop bad cop and GodFather concept we unknowingly have.
Interesting. Would you please explain?

P.S. In the OT, God is referred to as "Father" at least 4 times, so why complain about GodFather?.

Old 04-15-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by evangelist-77 View Post
Interesting. Would you please explain?

P.S. In the OT, God is referred to as "Father" at least 4 times, so why complain about GodFather?.
When I say GodFather I am not referring to Our Father God, but God being portrayed as Don Corleone

Old 04-15-2012, 10:53 AM

1,196 posts, read 754,112 times
as much as satan has many believing Jesus is referring to another being, he’s not. Satan had man take, out, or replace many vital words that would have truly lead ALL the right way. Satan wants ALL to be destroyed, because he know he and his weak-butt followers will be, (Rev.12:12 ). So satan made sure Jehovah God words, be-it through Jesus, (John 15:15 Henceforth I call you not servants; for the servant knoweth not what his lord doeth: but I have called you friends; for all things that I have heard of my Father I have made known unto you). or other men he chose to speak or write down his words, (1Thess.2:13), were changed around.

Jehovah’s word showed the HS isn’t a being, (Acts 7:55,56), Jesus showed there is no other important being as high as him and his Father who‘ll know the end. Jesus didn‘t even mention a HS knowing or NOT knowing. Yet he mention himself, the Angels, and his Father,(Mark 13:32 But of that day and that hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels which are in heaven, neither the Son, but the Father). Notice here…(John 17:3 -And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent). Jesus never said we have to know the HS, (as a being), to live. And again John, through Jehovah’s HS, while on the Island of Patmos, (where he was exiled), which he never said the HS was with him. Seen into Heaven, (Rev. 1:9,10).

Notice God seated on the throne, holding a book, which seem NO one in Heaven could take. Jesus being in the mist of the Elders, was the ONLY one who could do so, (Rev. 5:1-8). Now!… where is the other part of this “trinity? “He” wasn’t on a throne, and “he”, wasn’t even in the mist of the elders. When Jesus went back to Heaven, he was said to be seated ..or standing next to God ,(Heb.1:3-5 , Heb.12:2 and Acts 7:55,56). shouldn’t the HS ,(“he”), be there also?

Jesus through Jehovah’s HS will be with his followers ,(John14:18,19), Jesus knew his people won’t actually see him. He meant they will know he’s with him, by the way they keep his teachings to heart. Especially when they now, are the teachers. When we pray to God, in helping using his HS, in Jesus name. We’re asking God for his power to lead us, It’s not another actual being. Just because we see “he” doesn’t mean it didn’t replace a word like it or the. Referring to an action, not a being.

Satan fools any who isn’t aware of his tricks, (Ephe.6:11). Jehovah God makes sure those who’s truly seeking, won’t be confused ,(1Cor.14:33 For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace), Satan is! Many refuse to see the key words that Jesus said and understand what he was saying in John 14:16-26. Verse 17 Jesus speaking of the “spirit of truth” said…”shall be in you” isn’t the same as the HS. It’s the truth from God that those Apostles accepted. Many of those in Jesus time didn’t accept Jesus teachings of the truth. Just as many don’t accept his total truth today.

Mind you, many still think they should pray to Jesus, even though he said we should do his Father will, (Matt.12:50-For whosoever shall do the will of my Father which is in heaven, the same is my brother, and sister, and mother). Again many refuse to do research on how the trinity came into play. All one has to do is google it, yet Many would rather follow a lie, (2Tim.4:3,4), which if one continue doing so. God will help that person believe that lie, which will cause their life ,(2Thess.2:10-12, And with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in them that perish; because they received not the love of the truth, that they might be saved. And for this cause God shall send them strong delusion, that they should believe a lie: That they all might be damned who believed not the truth, but had pleasure in unrighteousness). peace
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity