Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-07-2012, 01:50 PM

14,725 posts, read 33,371,861 times

Advertisements

There are different interpretations for this. Most of them paint the picture of a place of exquisite beauty...an eternal afterlife without problems. Similarly, they paint hell as a place where the will be "gnashing of teeth." The dichotomy is really dour. Most people aren't really worthy of either extreme.

I've thought about this, reading a few obits for some friends' unexpected early deaths. For me, the floating on clouds, pristine waterfalls, and harps are unnecessary. For me, a long eternal snooze without any nightmares or bad dreams would be sufficient. I'm a minimalist.

Discuss away.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-07-2012, 01:53 PM

44,259 posts, read 64,365,577 times
A beach with softly lapping waves, crystal clear water, a bucket of beer, and a plate of nachos.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:02 PM

1,897 posts, read 2,112,911 times
I just want to see my son again and for him to feel good and be happy, and to be surrounded by all the other people I love. I had a dream once that I saw heaven and the landscape was breathtakingly beautiful with fall leaves, dogwood trees in bloom, spring flowers, a little snow, and beautiful lakes and mountains all at the same time! That would be a bonus.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:16 PM

6,387 posts, read 6,368,929 times
A place where there are no hypocrites, where good is good and evil is evil, and where humility is esteemed a great and highly precious jewel.

Blessings,
brian

Old 05-07-2012, 02:36 PM

8,831 posts, read 11,623,201 times
Unfortunately my belief in a heaven has fallen by the wayside along with the belief in God. But I used to believe that it would be just like the Bible described....lots of streets made of gold, mansions, beautiful landscape with a crystal-clear river running through it and all animals, big and small, roaming around free and all of them getting along. People would be forever happy and joyful, never have problems, illness or disagreements and they would all be beautiful beyond belief. They would never have to clean because there would be no such thing as dirt or dust, or somehow magically be able to snap their fingers and whisk away any uncleanliness if there were any. That was especially appealing to me since I'm a bit of a worry-wart when it comes to cleaning. It would be a life filled with pleasantry and worship, not a single moment of stress or strife.

I know, not very realistic but that's what I used to believe.

Old 05-07-2012, 02:45 PM

23,016 posts, read 34,387,993 times
No pain, no death, no sickness, being able to see Jesus face to face

Old 05-07-2012, 03:12 PM

6,822 posts, read 6,635,398 times
Heaven is where God dwells. Those saved will be with God in Heaven. None of us deserve to be saved let alone be in Heaven. It is a free gift for those seeking it (Ephesians 2:8-10).

John 14:2
In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.

In the end, ultimately there will be no sin. This awful destructive force which is the source of all pain, suffering, and death will be gone.

The Scriptures have an aweful lot to say about heaven actually. There will be joy, love, charity, etc... It will be the true utopia. It's interesting to note that individuals will have their own property and goods, but of course it will all be freely shared without covetousness.

The reason mankind's utopia in the Aquarian New Age is going to fail is because of S. I. N. not to mention rebellion against God. The reason the human race will be on the brink of destroying itself prior to the return of the Messiah is because of our sin.

No more Greed, Corruption, Oppression, Rapes, Murders etc... There will be no more tears for ever.

Praise God!

Old 05-07-2012, 03:17 PM

37,337 posts, read 28,293,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
A beach with softly lapping waves, crystal clear water, a bucket of beer, and a plate of nachos.
I wouldn't mind that.

Above all things though, my every thought to be like the thoughts of God.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:19 PM

4,323 posts, read 6,024,660 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by robertpolyglot View Post
There are different interpretations for this. Most of them paint the picture of a place of exquisite beauty...an eternal afterlife without problems. Similarly, they paint hell as a place where the will be "gnashing of teeth." The dichotomy is really dour. Most people aren't really worthy of either extreme.

I've thought about this, reading a few obits for some friends' unexpected early deaths. For me, the floating on clouds, pristine waterfalls, and harps are unnecessary. For me, a long eternal snooze without any nightmares or bad dreams would be sufficient. I'm a minimalist.

Discuss away.
Heaven would be Love in it's truest form. No seperation or unforgiveness. Each soul living in Love for each other and serving each other. Helping those who are not aware of Love and bringing them back home until each one is safe in the arms of Love.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:19 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,018,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ilene Wright View Post
Unfortunately my belief in a heaven has fallen by the wayside along with the belief in God. But I used to believe that it would be just like the Bible described....lots of streets made of gold, mansions, beautiful landscape with a crystal-clear river running through it and all animals, big and small, roaming around free and all of them getting along. People would be forever happy and joyful, never have problems, illness or disagreements and they would all be beautiful beyond belief. They would never have to clean because there would be no such thing as dirt or dust, or somehow magically be able to snap their fingers and whisk away any uncleanliness if there were any. That was especially appealing to me since I'm a bit of a worry-wart when it comes to cleaning. It would be a life filled with pleasantry and worship, not a single moment of stress or strife.I know, not very realistic but that's what I used to believe.
I remember a story of Samuel Clemens who in his old age he out lived almost all his children and His wife , were he had a poor doctrine that God takes people , So he blamed God and lived out his old age never speaking to God again, or believing in truth...... See God does not take most people , most people do not get all their days in the earth and die by a mistake , were if they believed they would have lived longer or even gone to heaven where all people who go their , will say `I`M HERE ` and be in Jubulation....... You should forsake the false unforgivness and seek the face of the living God through Lord Jesus ....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity