Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2012, 05:21 PM

2,677 posts, read 2,625,748 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
God killed Eli's sons
Sounds like a guy I really wanna be associated with.

Not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2012, 05:24 PM

76,959 posts, read 47,861,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DentalFloss View Post
Sounds like a guy I really wanna be associated with. Not.
I don't think you want to associate with the other guy, but he is what you ger when you reject God.

Old 06-05-2012, 05:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I don't think you want to associate with the other guy, but he is what you ger when you reject God.
The "other guy" you speak of does not exist.

Old 06-06-2012, 08:09 AM

2,108 posts, read 2,905,885 times
Quote:
The "other guy" you speak of does not exist.
In all likelihood, neither does the first guy - thankfully.

Old 06-06-2012, 12:57 PM

811 posts, read 814,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heartsong View Post
It seems the church is divided on the issue. This is just one of many recent extremist views on homosexuality being touted from the pulpit:

Kansas pastor says government should kill gays, but 'they won't'

I think he's a mad man, personally. He is motivated by inner rage and self-righteousness.
Think he knows Fred Phelps?

Sent from my ADR8995 using Tapatalk 2

Old 06-06-2012, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hueffenhardt View Post
In all likelihood, neither does the first guy - thankfully.
Not as any manmade religion describes him, but there is a higher consciousness system. I've seen it with my own "eyes".

Old 06-08-2012, 03:53 AM

50,147 posts, read 20,932,053 times
Quote:
Not as any manmade religion describes him, but there is a higher consciousness system. I've seen it with my own "eyes".
Thanks - another one for my Theist - English disctionary

Theist "eyes" (English) Imagination

Old 06-08-2012, 04:00 AM

16,427 posts, read 22,271,403 times
Quote:
The thing I don't like about it is the PRIDE thing. No one should have a PRIDE parade IMO. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
Sinful and proud. Judgment will come.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:24 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,505,322 times
Quote:
The thing I don't like about it is the PRIDE thing. No one should have a PRIDE parade IMO. God resists the proud but gives grace to the humble.
More like "proud to be something you disagree with." There are plenty of Christians who are very PROUD to be Christian and are more than happy to let you know. That's fine, but acting like pride is something that Christians try to shy away from is being dishonest. A lot of Christians are very proud to be who they are--and there is nothing wrong with that.

Old 06-10-2012, 09:29 AM

10,448 posts, read 12,505,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katzpur View Post
I don't really think that the idea that you can love someone out of being gay crossed very many of the marchers' minds. If you were to ask each of the 300 participants who marched why they did, you may very well get a whole variety of different reasons. I didn't march because I wasn't even aware that it was going to happen (I knew about the parade, but not about any LDS people participating). Had I marched, it would have been as a statement that I don't believe we as Americans have the right to impose our own moral standards on society. In other words, while I believe that homosexual intimacy is sinful, I believe it is up to God -- not me -- to punish the sinner. And we are attempting to punish people when we deny them their civil rights for not conforming to our own ideas of what's right and what's wrong.

I disagree with Christianity but I defend the right for all Christians to practice their religion, have their beliefs, and have all the same rights I have as a non-Christian. I am glad that there are Christians out there, specifically LDS in this case, that have the same perspective.

For the folks who are confused and trying to claim that Mormons aren’t exactly preaching “out and proud” (as in being sexually active), that’s not what it’s about. It’s about putting aside your personal beliefs for a minute in the name of the greater good, because someone could just as easily try to take away your rights in the name of their beliefs. Instead of doing that, if we can all suspend our beliefs for just long enough and step outside ourselves just enough to grant other people their human rights, we will have a much more peaceful society.

As Voltaire said: “I disagree strongly with what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it.” The same goes for not just speaking, but letting people live their lives harmlessly, the way they want to.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity