Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 05:42 PM

9,690 posts, read 10,020,758 times

Advertisements

Fear no man who can kill a saved person, but is unable to kill their saved soul...... But fear accepting the doctrine of UNBELIEF to salvation of Lord Jesus authorship, which with out Lord Jesus salvation you will lose you soul and body in hell , where the doctrine of deniers of Jesus name and unbelief comes from the devil ......
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 PM

32,530 posts, read 22,038,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hljc View Post
Fear no man who can kill a saved person, but is unable to kill their saved soul...... But fear accepting the doctrine of UNBELIEF to salvation of Lord Jesus authorship, which with out Lord Jesus salvation you will lose you soul and body in hell , where the doctrine of deniers of Jesus name and unbelief comes from the devil ......

Whaaattt?...

Old 07-03-2012, 11:37 PM

5,965 posts, read 7,019,250 times
Only that which is pure can be preserved after going through a fire. Nothing that is good will be lost.

Old 07-04-2012, 12:03 AM

7,321 posts, read 6,928,039 times
It would be far more profitable to seek the tutelage of the Holy spirit, Jesus provided us to teach in His place, rather than to seek the understanding of men, even if they happen to be correct, it is a matter of who has Lordship in your life .
Asking men, would be a kin to one of the disciples asking a pharesee what God thinks, in stead of asking Jesus.
If you believe in God to be your Father, why are you asking a stranger what your Father thinks ?
In the flesh I would not ask my brother what my dad thought , I'd simply ask my dad, and he would give me an answer appropreate for my understanding and responsibility level, or no answer,simply because it was not my business to know.
The same with my heavenly Father , I ask ,and he gives me an answer spicific to my need ,approperate to my accountability.
Knowing the scripture is one thing , knowing the author is far better.

Old 07-04-2012, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by arleigh View Post
It would be far more profitable to seek the tutelage of the Holy spirit, Jesus provided us to teach in His place, rather than to seek the understanding of men, even if they happen to be correct, it is a matter of who has Lordship in your life .
Asking men, would be a kin to one of the disciples asking a pharesee what God thinks, in stead of asking Jesus.
If you believe in God to be your Father, why are you asking a stranger what your Father thinks ?
In the flesh I would not ask my brother what my dad thought , I'd simply ask my dad, and he would give me an answer appropreate for my understanding and responsibility level, or no answer,simply because it was not my business to know.
The same with my heavenly Father , I ask ,and he gives me an answer spicific to my need ,approperate to my accountability.
Knowing the scripture is one thing , knowing the author is far better.
Beware hero worship...

Old 07-05-2012, 01:14 PM

38 posts, read 33,285 times
Who this verse is talking about? The institutionalized church says it is talking about unbelievers who will suffer the eternal fires of hell, poppycock, this verse was addressed to the 12 apostles, and is applied to all Christ's disciples at that time and in the future.

Old 07-05-2012, 02:58 PM

473 posts, read 822,222 times
Fear yourselves. Mankind is responsible for his own sins and has the ability to not only destroy the body of His neighbor but to destroy his own soul. We need to stop blaming the devil for anything--to kill the devil, conquer our own hatred, then the devil has nowhere to be but on the outside of heaven. Heaven is within you. The kingdom of God is within. God is love and has no opposite--all these things are written in the Bible. Mankind holds his own body and soul.

Old 07-05-2012, 07:16 PM

1,784 posts, read 3,459,830 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheila Renae View Post
Heaven is within you. The kingdom of God is within. .... all these things are written in the Bible.
Where?

Old 07-07-2012, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdenscold View Post
Where?
I believe that would be in the Gospel According to Thomas...

Old 03-29-2014, 07:36 PM

1,534 posts, read 1,991,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Correct. It specifically says "body and soul".
soul, pusche can mean 'life' or "living creature or being." As here:
Matt. 10:20 Saying, Arise, and take the young child and his mother, and go into the land of Israel: for they are dead which sought the young child’s life.(psuche)

28 And fear not them which kill the body, but are not able to kill the soul: but rather fear him which is able to destroy both soul (psuche) and body in hell.

6:25 ¶ Therefore I say unto you, Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?

10:39 He that findeth his life shall lose it: and he that loseth his life for my sake shall find it.
Here it's the same word, psuche but translated as 'soul'
Matt. 16: 26 For what is a man profited, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul? or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?(psuche).

1Thess. 2:8 So being affectionately desirous of you, we were willing to have imparted unto you, not the gospel of God only, but also our own souls, because ye were dear unto us.
There are many other examples too numerous to post here.

So we see that Matt. 10:28 doesn't say the soul outlives the body or is immortal. How do we know this? The verse reads as: "but rather fear him which is *able to destroy both life and body in hell.

Or in other words man causes the lose of life, but man cannot kill i.e "destroy." Only God can do that.

*able to destroy. Note the difference not merely "kill."
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Religion and Spirituality > Christianity